How many Angels of the Lord are there?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! “THE” Angel of the LORD, is stand out from “A, AN, Angel of the LORD”.
Yes! JESUS is the name above every other name...(not Michael).

Deut: 29:
[29] The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Judge 13:
[18] And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

Pss 25:
[14] The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Matt 13:
[35] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Acts 13:
[33] God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Heb 1:
[4] Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Heb 5:
[5] So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Rom 16:
[25] Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Rom 17:
[26a] But now is made manifest...

Phil 2:
[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Glory to God,
Taken

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Lord? Jesus Christ revealed himself through his angel (messenger) to John.

It's pretty safe to say that the answer to your question is seven.

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen very soon. He made it clear by sending his angel to his servant John, who then testified to everything that he saw concerning the word of God and the testimony about Jesus Christ.

John then writes-

Grace and peace to you from “he who is,”and who was, and who is still to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ—the faithful witness....

I (John) turned to see whose voice was speaking to me, and when I did so, I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands was one like a son of man. He was dressed in a robe extending down to his feet, and he wore a wide golden belt around his chest. His head and hair were as white as wool, even as white as snow, and his eyes were like a fiery flame. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp double-edged sword extended out of his mouth.

His face shone like the sun shining at full strength. When I saw him I fell down at his feet as though I were dead, but he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid! I am the first and the last, and the one who lives! I was dead, but look, now I am alive—forever and ever—and I hold the keys of death and of Hades! Therefore write what you saw, what is, and what will be after these things. The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and the seven golden lampstands is this...

The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

----- From the throne came out flashes of lightning and roaring and crashes of thunder. Seven flaming torches, which are the seven spirits of God, were burning in front of the throne, and in front of the throne was something like a sea of glass, like crystal.

-----Then I saw standing in the middle of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the middle of the elders, a Lamb that appeared to have been killed. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

-----Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them..

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. The topic that cannot be discussed demagnifies both God and his son. It demagnifies God because it splits his glory 3 ways in violation of 1 Timothy 1:17, the 1C and the Sh'ma..
I disagree with your disagreement with me and I raise you two moonpies.

I do not agree with the topic/doctrine that cannot be discussed and it wasn’t the one I was talking about. It was the other banned topic I was talking about. The banned topic of “Jesus is not God.”

Reactions: bbyrd009 and RLT63

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've read in scripture that there were thousands & thousands of angels :) i also think that there are guardian angels but scripture doesn't say there are
Havent you read this?
See that you do not look down on one of these little ones; for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven. :)

Or this?
Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise.

Edit: I thought of one more! The angels who removed Lot were guarding him to keep him safe.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not read this?
See that you do not look down on one of these little ones; for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven. :)

Or this?
Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise.

Edit: I thought of one more! The angels who removed Lot were guarding him to keep him safe.
Matthew 18:10

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:10
Hah, made you look! :)

Did you find any other ones?
I was debating putting psalm 91:11-12 In my post. I think it shows it but thought the lawyers would argue about it and start throwing moonpies. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hah, made you look! :)

Did you find any other ones?
I was debating putting psalm 91:11-12 In my post. I think it shows it but thought the lawyers would argue about it and start throwing moonpies. :D
I want to remember that verse. And who cares what they argue about?

Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 91:11 - For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.

Here's another:
Acts 12:15
“You’re out of your mind!” they said. When she insisted, they decided,
“it must be his angel.”
Wow…I never noted that verse as I read before. I want to say it is not translated as well as it could be since it makes no sense to me but that’s definitely not the way to go at it…

Reactions: Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with your disagreement with me and I raise you two moonpies.

I do not agree with the topic/doctrine that cannot be discussed and it wasn’t the one I was talking about. It was the other banned topic I was talking about. The banned topic of “Jesus is not God.”
Yea, OK - as if there is a non-mystical difference!
If you are driving down the road 50 mph
and your left front tire falls off
how many pancakes
does it take to build a dog house?

Demagnify. Your point was about what is and is not being magnfied before you retreated into the mystical ether of moonpies.

But each campaign is clearly geared toward DEmagnifying our Lord In some way, whether large or small.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, OK - as if there is a non-mystical difference!
If you are driving down the road 50 mph
and your left front tire falls off
how many pancakes
does it take to build a dog house?

Demagnify. Your point was about what is and is not being magnfied before you retreated into the mystical ether of moonpies.

Everything I say sounds like foolishness to you and everything you say sounds like foolishness to me. What an unlikely friendship. :p

Reactions: RLT63

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow…I never noted that verse as I read before. I want to say it is not translated as well as it could be since it makes no sense to me but that’s definitely not the way to go at it…
I guess the Jews believed in guardian angels assigned to them. :innocent::innocent:

Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of dancing, I got up from my feverish and weak state to go downstairs and get some water. The Typhoid Mary who got me sick and worried me to death for days is feeling better and is up, in her chair, watching the news. The clip is of the mayor of Chicago dancing around in the street with a bunch of people celebrating something called lunar new year. Then the talking heads are saying how people are saying it’s “tone deaf” to be doing that when the city and it’s people are struggling with so many things. But the only thought in my feverish mind is, I think I should know it but I don’t remember, when I get back up all those stairs, I’m going to google lunar new year, who celebrates it? So I did. Chinese. Among others, like Islam.

I know people who are not very observational (over time) because other things come along and make them forget previous things, will gnash at me, but all I’ve seen for years, coupled with a very short dream I had years ago, make me think there are far, far more officials who are compromised and blackmailed by “other countries rulers” than we know.

edit: listen carefully. Chinese people are NOT the CCP. The CCP are corrupt and awful men bent on domination.

Last edited: