How Many Christians Think We Will Find Terra Firma in Heaven after we Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Lol, no, I only make mine large because we have a few on here who have a hard time reading the regular sized type. So I am in the habit of doing it for them :)

I know there are many up there just from the martyrs under the alter, waiting for justice to be served. Can't get "On earth AS it is in heaven."
Okay, nite nite!

Sleep well and may The Lord refresh you in the A.M. :)
How thoughtful of you to enlarge the font for others!
You are precious sister-remember that.
Johann.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of this Thread is to Discuss How Much We Know about Heaven.

I will give you a few Examples. It Says there are at least 2 Trees of Life in Heaven, and they used to grow in the Garden of Eden.

Revelation 2:7 (NASB)
7 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

(Rev 22:2 [HCSB])
down the middle of the broad street of the city. The tree of life was on both sides of the river, bearing 12 kinds of fruit, producing its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree are for healing the nations,

(Rev 22:14 [HCSB])
“Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates.

(Rev 22:1 [HCSB])
Then he showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Now doesn't it take a slight downward slope in the terra firma to make the River flow like that ?

Let me know if you can find anything else that proves there is terra firma in Heaven.

Now I will tell you a short story that Happened in our lives shortly after we got married, (we were married for 36 and a half years, before the Lord called her HOME) with a heart attack. We were trying different Churches to find a really good Bible Teaching Church. So one Sunday we went to one of the Baptist Churches. It was a Guest Missionary from Africa, that Taught the Sermon that Day. In his Closing Statement he said: "The reason I Serve the Lord in the mission field, is I don't want to get stuck with a little cabin out back on the Crystal River, I want the biggest, fanciest Mansion on the Street of Gold." My Mouth Fell Open at that greedy Statement. I would have walked out on him, but that was his closing statement. On the way to the car, I said to my wife, "I don't care what he said in there, I will take that little cabin on the Crystal River. I just want to be their with HIM." This is what I imagine the cabin will look like, AND, I cry every time I look it:

View attachment 33497
this is how i see it the bible says mansion . i see it as a mansion others say its cabin. heaven will be like we never seen or heard of. it will be just right and that mansion could be the mansion. it will be prefect. so if one is born again GOD has a place just for us.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We know that, we are asking you to COME, and begin your NEW Life with HIM in control. It is the only REAL Christianity We KNOW. Ask anyone here. It is Not just knowing in your head, admitted the Stories about Jesus are TRUE. Even the Demons believe that. It is REALLY deep down GETTING TO KNOW all about HIM, He is Standing At the Door of your HEART, HE will NOT kick the Door Open, HE WANTS YOU TO INVITE HIM IN. How do I NO ? ? ?

Revelation 3:19-22 (NRSV)
19 I reprove and discipline those whom I love. Be earnest, therefore, and repent.

20 Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking; if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to you and eat with you, and you with me.
21 To the one who conquers I will give a place with me on my throne, just as I myself conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.
22 Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches."

That is the Only way to Christ, that I know.
You have to willingly out of LOVE for HIM, invite HIM IN TO YOUR HEART.

Yes, in the last week of 1977, I invited HIM IN out of LOVE, and YES wave after wave of Guilt for my whole lifestyle also came in, and I CRIED FOR MORE THAT 2 HOURS. I wept more that any baby ever cried, and when I finally REALIZED, that HE HAD PAID FOR MY WHOLE SIN: Peace with GOD, LOVE FOR HIM, and Happiness quickly Returned. Don't try to reserve part of your old lifestyle for yourself, that is a trap, give it all TO HIM.
Once again you serve me with scripture to defend your own belief system. As much as you would like to think that everyone has the same belief as you, its just not the case. Like I said in an earlier post I think its wise to only speak for yourself. Christianity is diverse and we all have our own views and understandings which is ok. However its not ok when you try to dis include somone else from the community just because they don't align with YOUR belief system. You are coming across very arrogant towards me and also threatened to block me for which I can't see any reason at all. Seeing your fruit and the way you have treated me I would say does not at all embrace Christianity. But I'll say it once again, its OK to have different views. For you, anyone who doesn't align with your belief system is cast out. This is in my opinion religious.

Reactions: Helen

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious, is there any scripture that say's the born again will be in heaven at all? I believe the final destination for all the born again will be the "new earth". Christ comes down to reign on the new earth so.....?

Not sure of this drawing, it looks like one of Gustave Dore drawings from about 1860s.
You have got to love this old style of illustrating.
1686438710180.png
Probably one of the many reasons for GOD to have this story in the BIBLE, is it would encourage those who doubt, about How are we going get up there, is to show us, GOD has already provided a way to get up there in our human spirit, or our Glorified Bodies after the Rapture. Yes, this is an illustration of JACOB's Ladder, that he dreamed about. I hope it will be a super fast escalator.

You seem to have a few thing out of order, so if you what, I will trying to Put them back in order Chronologically:

Probably the next major event to happen in Prophecy, is the Rapture, in the blink of an EYE it says.
The Dead in Christ Rise first, including O.S. Saints, they we which are born again believers will be CAUGHT UP TO HIM.
Then comes the Building of the Third Temple.
Then come the Antichrist takes over the Third Temple and Beheads those who refuse to bow to him as God.
Then comes the stars and the planets moving around, about to collapse, as the Sun and Moon will start to dim.
While IN HEAVEN, we are at the Wedding of the Lamb in Heaven.
All that BAD prophecies happen on earth in rapid succession.
Then we are at the Wedding Supper, and it happens on the last day.
Then the SECOND COMING, and they will see Christ Coming SLOWLY, as all the world's Armies Attack Israel, Probably WWIII.
Then as Christ Touches the EARTH, on the Mount of Olives, it SPLITS it into a wide valley, Giving the 144,000 Jews a way to escape.
CHRIST WILL START A WAR WITH THE NATIONS THAT ATTACKED ISRAEL, Probably will only last Seconds all Combatants will be Killed.
Then Christ with rebuild the Earth for the Start of HIS 1000 YEAR KINGDOM.
Christ will REBUILT the TEMPLE in a Different Location, probably will take seconds, FOR the Mortals that survive Second Coming.
Then the both Folds of the ASSEMBLY, OT Saints and NT Saints, and TRIB Saints help HIM Rule the Mortals for rest of the 1000 years.
Then SATAN and HIS Followers Are loosed out of the PIT for a BREIF Period of time.
Then Satan and His Followers are Cast INTO the LAKE OF FIRE FOREVER.
Then the NEW ATMOSPHERE AND THE NEW EARTH WILL BE LIKE THE GARDEN OF ENDEN all over the Second Earth.
Then The TRIBULATION SAINTS GET THEIR GLORIFIED BODIES.
AND We all LIVE FOREVER in the NEW EARTH.

I am a 100% Convinced, that is the Sequence of the EVENTS that we will see coming, probably will begin SOON.
No I do not want to debate it.

Last edited:

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you serve me with scripture to defend your own belief system. As much as you would like to think that everyone has the same belief as you, its just not the case. Like I said in an earlier post I think its wise to only speak for yourself. Christianity is diverse and we all have our own views and understandings which is ok. However its not ok when you try to dis include somone else from the community just because they don't align with YOUR belief system. You are coming across very arrogant towards me and also threatened to block me for which I can't see any reason at all. Seeing your fruit and the way you have treated me I would say does not at all embrace Christianity. But I'll say it once again, its OK to have different views. For you, anyone who doesn't align with your belief system is cast out. This is in my opinion religious.

That is your Second Warning, About trying to start an argument.
Yes I embrace Christianity, but not False TEACHING, NO BIBLE at all to support your views.
I am a Christian that BELIEVES, I must try do what it says.

Titus 3:9-11 (NASB)
9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,
11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

2 Timothy 2:23-25 (NCV)
23 Stay away from foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they grow into quarrels.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, a good teacher, and patient.
25 The Lord’s servant must gently teach those who disagree. Then maybe God will let them change their
minds so they can accept the truth.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is your Second Warning, About trying to start an argument.
Yes I embrace Christianity, but not False TEACHING, NO BIBLE at all to support your views.
I am a Christian that BELIEVES, I must try do what it says.

Titus 3:9-11 (NASB)
9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,
11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

2 Timothy 2:23-25 (NCV)
23 Stay away from foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they grow into quarrels.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, a good teacher, and patient.
25 The Lord’s servant must gently teach those who disagree. Then maybe God will let them change their
minds so they can accept the truth.
iv stayed within the guidelines of this forum. I have an enherent right to think and understand things the way I do. Your threats have no power over me what so ever. You may do as you please. Good luck on your journey of belief.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iv stayed within the guidelines of this forum. I have an enherent right to think and understand things the way I do. Your threats have no power over me what so ever. You may do as you please. Good luck on your journey of belief.

Yes, you do. However you did not stay within the Guidelines to be a born again Christian. Did not make a single THREAT. I gave you only Scripture, which is what GOD said, you don't think HE meant the way HE said it, that is your problem. GOD HAS SPECIFIC GUIDELINES TO BE A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN. You tried to come to HIM another way, like in Mat. 7:13-23. Your Theology is WAY different than born again Christian's theology.

My Turn to ask you a Question.

Are you Jehovah Witness, or Mormonism, or Something Else?

I am a Evangelical, non-Denominational, born again Christian. And do not believe in Arguing, we must stay away from it.
And believe for the most part of the BIBLE, it must be interpreted Literally.

Last edited:

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, you do. However you did not stay within the Guidelines to be a born again Christian. Did not make a single THREAT. I gave you only Scripture, which is what GOD said, you don't think HE meant the way HE said it, that is your problem. GOD HAS SPECIFIC GUIDELINES TO BE A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN. You tried to come to HIM another way, like in Mat. 7:13-23. Your Theology is WAY different than born again Christian's theology.

My Turn to ask you a Question.

Are you Jehovah Witness, or Mormonism, or Something Else?

I am a Evangelical, non-Denominational, born again Christian. And do not believe in Arguing, we must stay away from it.
And believe for the most part of the BIBLE, it must be interpreted Literally.
Yes that is your view on all these things. However it is not my view. I do not take the bible litteraly, rather i see it for its underlying messages and Truth. I do not see Christianity how you see it, I see it very differently.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is how i see it the bible says mansion . i see it as a mansion others say its cabin. heaven will be like we never seen or heard of. it will be just right and that mansion could be the mansion. it will be prefect. so if one is born again GOD has a place just for us.

What people meant by a mansion in BIBLE TIMES was way smaller than what the word mean now a days.

Only the KJV, ASV, YLT, Webster, and NKJV use Mansions.

ALL other versions of the English Bible use "many rooms", "dwelling places", "many places to live in", "rooms enough", "many dwellings",
or "many homes", OLDER Versions only us Mansions.

Last edited:

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is your view on all these things. However it is not my view. I do not take the bible litteraly, rather i see it for its underlying messages and Truth. I do not see Christianity how you see it, I see it very differently.

Where I come from you would not be regarded as a Christian.

I ASK AGAIN?

Are you Jehovah Witness, or Mormon, or Something Else?

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where I come from you would not be regarded as a Christian.

I ASK AGAIN?

Are you Jehovah Witness, or Mormon, or Something Else?
I dont identify with any institutionalised religion. That includes government and any form of secular belief system. The only thing i subscribe to is Truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont identify with any institutionalised religion. That includes government and any form of secular belief system. The only thing i subscribe to is Truth.

I Am.

Oh, you are funny, oh yes, I suspected you were.

2 Timothy 2:15 (AMP)
15 Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, you are funny, oh yes, I suspected you were.

2 Timothy 2:15 (AMP)
15 Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.
More ridicule i see. Good luck with your beliefs.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people meant by a mansion in BIBLE TIMES was way smaller than what the word mean now a days.

Only the KJV, ASV, YLT, Webster, and NKJV use Mansions.

ALL other versions of the English Bible use "many rooms", "dwelling places", "many places to live in", "rooms enough", "many dwellings",
or "many homes", OLDER Versions only us Mansions.
Does it really matter? maybe next you can redefine streets of Gold... so if i look for a mansion thats what it will be. if i look for a room/cabin .thats what it will be

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it really matter? maybe next you can redefine streets of Gold... so if i look for a mansion thats what it will be. if i look for a room/cabin .thats what it will be

I moved to a very small 2 bedroom house, after my wife died. So small if I stand with my back to the Thermostat in the hall, I am within 2 steps of every doorway in the House. This would have been a Mansion in Bible times.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More ridicule i see. Good luck with your beliefs.

No, you are the one that will need Luck.

I KNOW THE LORD SPEAKS TO MY HEART.

And I already have an invite to the Wedding of the LAMB, in my Heart.

bye

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I moved to a very small 2 bedroom house, after my wife died. So small if I stand with my back to the Thermostat in the hall, I am within 2 steps of every doorway in the House. This would have been a Mansion in Bible times.
your missing the point

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
your missing the point
Without trying to be rude, I would suggest he's blinded by his own ego. Clearly he cannot except anything that he doesn't already believe to be true. He is his own arbiter of what he calls truth and can not differentiate between perception and reality.

Take offence to that as you will. It does not change the fact of the matter.

Attachments

• images (24).jpeg
    images (24).jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, just expaining to give you an idea of what I said, and the meaning behind it.
not interested in the meaning . if Jesus is there and he will be he has gone to prepare a place for us.