How Powerful is the Blood of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the truth is we resist sin but don't lie to others and claim sinlessness.

if we(believers) say we(believers) have no sin we(believers) lie and are not of the truth.

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

hoe this helps !!!

Another misinterpreted verse. 1 John 1:8 is the same as when Paul said "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." In other words, we are all BORN with a sin nature. BUT when you come to Christ confessing your sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. 1 John 1:8 is BEFORE COMING TO CHRIST, and so are verses 6 and 10.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another misinterpreted verse. 1 John 1:8 is the same as when Paul said "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." In other words, we are all BORN with a sin nature. BUT when you come to Christ confessing your sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. 1 John 1:8 is BEFORE COMING TO CHRIST, and so are verses 6 and 10.
sorry its written to believers, not unbelievers.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have been there and you are the one who claimed it meant power and I proved you wrong with every Greek lexicon. you don't even understand the basic meaning of grace.

Definition

1. grace
    1. that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
  2. good will, loving-kindness, favour
    1. of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
  3. what is due to grace
    1. the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
    2. the token or proof of grace, benefit
      1. a gift of grace
      2. benefit, bounty
  4. thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

NAS Word Usage - Total: 156

blessing 1, concession 1, credit 3, favor 11, gift 1, grace 122, gracious 2, gracious work 3, gratitude 1, thank 3, thankfulness 2, thanks 6

Paul uses charis as an expressions such as “Grace and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ” and “Thanks(charis) be to God”, “ if I with thanks partake why” , “this [finds] favor with God.”, “or you have found favor with God.”, “to carry your gift to Jerusalem”,” I thank God, whom”, “let us show gratitude, by which”,”

The thing these two have in common is that they represent that which comes as a gift (grace) and that which is given back (a thanks or appreciation).

“Thus, If I have found grace in your eyes” – would imply appreciation, love of the true and beautiful, etc.

Charis to God – would mean, thanks be to God. etc.

Charis is also the Spartan name of a Grace. ... In the Greek and Hebrew biblical term Charis (χάρις) refers to good will, loving-kindness, favour, in particular to God's merciful grace. It is used over 140 times in the New Testament and is a central concept in the theology developed by St.Paul.

I already showed you that Charis means also "divine power."

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Augustine mean by his statement: Love God and live as you like?

I just looked that up and came across this, here's an excerpt:

" At first glance, his words appear disturbing and irresponsible. It is as if he is suggesting that anything goes; that everything is permissible; that we have neither limits nor boundaries; and that we are free to do whatever we believe we are big and bad enough to do. And that is a terribly frightening prospect.
But when we take a deeper look at his words, they reveal that what St. Augustine is saying is a far cry from the kind of absolute freedom that has neither limits nor boundaries. Quite the contrary, freedom is having the right and the ability to choose the limits and the boundaries by which we shall live.
In the case of those of us who are a part of the community of faith that was called “the people of the way” in the first century,

"St. Augustine is affirming that we chose to live out our faith based on the limits and boundaries determined by our love of and for God. That means that because of our love for God, there are things that we should do and things that we should not do. Because we love God, we should love our neighbor as we love ourselves; because we love God we should not hate our enemies; because we love God, we should be just in our dealings with all humanity; because we love God, we should not allow any injustice to stand; because we love God, we should forgive any offense committed against us; because we love God, we should not hold any grudge or seek revenge against anyone who has offended us."
(bold mine)
“Love God and Do As You Please!!”

Reactions: ChristisGod

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course there is a process. It is called glorification - becoming more and more like Christ. It is not a process of becoming sinless, but a process of becoming mature in the fruit of the Spirit and is found in 2 Peter 1:5-11.

I'm referring to a process after death, to purify and make us holy ready for heaven, as I showed in my post.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already showed you that Charis means also "divine power."

Yes, agreed! How then would one interpret God's answer to Paul about the thorn in his side??? "My grace is sufficient for you" And, that is a verse that pulled me from a life of sinning...did not understand His power through His grace. Until I did, it was only "His unmerited favor" but it is WAY more than only that.

"2 Corinthians 12:9
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

"And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. (Acts 4:33)

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

His grace gives us power to resist sin, as well as to endure the sins that have snared us for so long, the ability to stop the things we need to stop, and also the power to do His will.

His grace was and will always be something I look at in several ways and it is not only unmerited favor.

The very thing in my life that I had been convinced would never leave me, the "impossible" - became possible as His words came into my mind a good 8 years ago....after 30 years of misunderstanding...He said "My grace is sufficient for you Nancy" And, it has been onward from there as it totally allowed me to truly SEE! I thank Him for that all the time and it will always be one of my personal "wow" moments!

What is impossible for man... :)

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Revelation 22:11 shows us that whatever state we are when we die, that is how we shall remain. We won't get better after death.

Rev 22:11 says nothing of the sort.
"Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.
That says nothing about entry into heaven after death.

Post #25 shows that there is a process of making us perfect and holy - fit for heaven - after death.
If you disagree with it please point out the errors.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:11 shows us that whatever state we are when we die, that is how we shall remain. We won't get better after death.

I agree. We will either be saved or we will not be saved and, when we die without Christ we are dead indeed and, some will die being filthy, some will die being righteous, unjust, holy...
Funny this scripture is being used today. I've been listening to Johnny Cash and, I LOVE his song "When The Man Comes Around"

Ok...gotta share the song again...trying to learn it on my guitar...easy chords :)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. We will either be saved or we will not be saved and, when we die without Christ we are dead indeed and, some will die being filthy, some will die being righteous, unjust, holy...
Funny this scripture is being used today. I've been listening to Johnny Cash and, I LOVE his song "When The Man Comes Around"

Ok...gotta share the song again...trying to learn it on my guitar...easy chords :)

I must live in a hole lol that is the first time hearing that song. Thanks !

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy