How Saddam Hussein Fulfilled Ram Butting Northward in Dan 8:4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The video below reveals that during the Iran Iraq War, which took place between 1979 and 1989 Saddam Hussein, who symbolized the second longer horn that come up last in the vision in Dan 8, fulfilled the ram butting northward, which is described in Dan 8:4, when he put down several Kurdish rebellions in the north.
Dan 8:4 I saw the ram butting westward, northward, and southward, and no other beasts could stand before him, nor was there anyone to rescue from his power; but he did as he pleased and magnified himself.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The video below reveals that during the Iran Iraq War, which took place between 1979 and 1989 Saddam Hussein, who symbolized the second longer horn that come up last in the vision in Dan 8, fulfilled the ram butting northward, which is described in Dan 8:4, when he put down several Kurdish rebellions in the north.
Dan 8:4 I saw the ram butting westward, northward, and southward, and no other beasts could stand before him, nor was there anyone to rescue from his power; but he did as he pleased and magnified himself.

After looking at the video, I would not recommend that anyone else use the link provided. Your understanding of the scriptures and the historical evidence does not match up at all.

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, but that video is 100% pure bunk, and was so bad, so unbiblical, that I couldn't even watch the entire thing. that video is like what needed to be mucked up from the bottom of the barnyard floor.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, but that video is 100% pure bunk, and was so bad, so unbiblical, that I couldn't even watch the entire thing. that video is like what needed to be mucked up from the bottom of the barnyard floor.
As we move closer to the end Jesus will deal with those teaching false teachings. My message is from Jesus.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After looking at the video, I would not recommend that anyone else use the link provided. Your understanding of the scriptures and the historical evidence does not match up at all.
The blood of anyone who follows your instructions is on your hands. As we move closer to the end Jesus will deal with those teaching false teachings.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The blood of anyone who follows your instructions is on your hands. As we move closer to the end Jesus will deal with those teaching false teachings.

You are right, those who are teaching false teachings will be dealt with when they are Judged by Jesus. The proof will be in the pudding that we respectively serve up as "God's truth."

As written further on in Daniel 8, we are told the interpretation of the prophecy where the meaning is made plain and is not in line with your interpretation of Daniel 8.​
Daniel 8:20-25: - 20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat represents the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king. 22 The four horns that replaced the broken one represents four kingdoms that will rise from that nation but will not have the same power.​
23 In the latter part of their reign, when the rebellion has reached its full measure, an insolent king, skilled in intrigue, will come to the throne. 24 His power will be great, but it will not be his own. He will cause terrible destruction and succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy the mighty men along with the holy people. 25 Through his craft and by his hand, he will cause deceit to prosper, and in his own mind he will make himself great. In a time of peace, he will destroy many, and he will even stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be broken off, but not by human hands.​

Your understanding does not match up with the quoted passage of Daniel 8 which explains the interpretation with respect to the nations, that we should have, of Daniel 8:3-14. Your presented interpretation is going against this passage.

If you want to understand what is happening to the Land of Babylon during our present time, I suggest that you spend time considering Jeremiah 50-51 as Jeremiah's prophetic words in these two chapters cover Present Day Babylon, which was called Iraq when the Middle East was divided up by France and Britian. This we can read in the historical records. Jeremiah tells us that Babylon will be made desolate and be devastated for a period of time a little longer that 2,000 years, beginning around the year 120 BC and ending in 1926 AD as prophesised in Revelation 16:17-21.

The 2,300 day prophecy in Daniel 8:13-14, where the 2,300 days represent 2,300 years, began around 250 BC and will end around 20-25 years from now.

Sadly my toes will have curled upwards by around then and I will probably not see the ending of this particular prophecy in Daniel 8.

Shalom.​

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 8:20-25: - 20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat represents the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king. 22 The four horns that replaced the broken one represents four kingdoms that will rise from that nation but will not have the same power.
I am not reposting the scripture again it states "kingdom" not king of Greece. However, I would like to point out that your view contradicts verse 21 in another way. Your view does not line up with the first king, which is the first of the ten kings that Dan 7:24 states the Antichrist will arise from among.
Dan 7:24 ‘As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings.
I already posted the scripture that states the vision is about the final period of indignation in the end of the end times, which your view plainly contradicts.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you couldn't find anything to post about how what I posted contradicted Dan 8:4. Your view is not an adequate response to my post about Dan 8:4. The reason you didn't post any details about your view is because you completely left out the details found in Dan 8:4 from your teaching. You need to revisit your view and check to see if what you think is the fulfillment fits the larger horn coming up last. When you see that it does not you need to dismiss your view and start all over.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not reposting the scripture again it states "kingdom" not king of Greece. However, I would like to point out that your view contradicts verse 21 in another way. Your view does not line up with the first king, which is the first of the ten kings that Dan 7:24 states the Antichrist will arise from among.
Dan 7:24 ‘As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings.
I already posted the scripture that states the vision is about the final period of indignation in the end of the end times, which your view plainly contradicts.

Point taken with respect to the BSB translation, the NKJV states kingdom, however I suspect that it is talking about the dominion of the first king, which was in reality an empire as such because of its size. As for contradicting Daniel 8:21, I believe that you are grasping at straws to justify your position. Neither is the first king of Greece, Alexandra the Great, associated with Daniel 7:24. Daniel 9:24, points to a time which is around 3,400 years after Alexandra the Great's time as a ruler over the Greek Kingdom/Empire.

It is your paradigm that is in error. In the Latter part of their reign, i.e., the divided four segments of Alexandra the Great's empire, is a reference to the time around when Christ's first advent took place. The figure that is given an army is the Little Horn, and it is he who is responsible, even today for the trampling of God's sanctuary and earthly hosts.

I see no value in your misguided claims

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see you couldn't find anything to post about how what I posted contradicted Dan 8:4. Your view is not an adequate response to my post about Dan 8:4. The reason you didn't post any details about your view is because you completely left out the details found in Dan 8:4 from your teaching. You need to revisit your view and check to see if what you think is the fulfillment fits the larger horn coming up last. When you see that it does not you need to dismiss your view and start all over.

I did but you have responded with red herrings to muddy the waters.