How Say You Jesus Is A Jew?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
Wrong! That title is what Pilate himself came up with and put on our Lord's cross to mock the Jews who had Him crucified. Jesus NEVER agreed with that title.

Christ Jesus is King of all the earth, King of kings, and Lord of lords.

Christ is the King of those who are truly Jews no matter what Pilate did.

Matthew 2
2 and asked, "Where is the newborn King of the Jews? For we saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

Matthew 25
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Spirit Covenant said:
Christ is the King of those who are truly Jews no matter what Pilate did.

Matthew 2
2 and asked, "Where is the newborn King of the Jews? For we saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

Matthew 25
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
There is NO Biblical association with Christ Jesus and the title 'Jew'. The name 'Jew' actually is a later English naming convention originating from Latin and Old French.

So actually, the KJV word "Jew" is from either Hebrew Yehuwdah (Judah) or Greek Ioudais (Judean). Jew was neither the Hebrew nor Greek title which Pilate put upon Christ's cross.

Christ Jesus was born of the tribe of Judah, and He was known Biblically as a "Nazarene" (Matt.2:23; John 18:5). Mary's descendents were both from the tribe of Judah of the house of David, and of the family of Levi (Luke 3).

Apostle Paul declared himself as a Judean (rendered in the KJV as "Jew") but he was born of the tribe of Benjamin. The reason for that was because per OT history the three tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi became joined together under one house, called the "house of Judah". All the other tribes of Israel, ten of them, formed a separate kingdom after Solomon's days, called the "house of Israel", which is why they were never known nor called Judeans or Jews.

So a title like 'king of the Jews' or 'Judeans' ONLY would apply to those who lived in the cities of Judea which only involved 3 tribes of Israel, while leaving all the other tribes of Israel out of the picture. The ten tribes were not left out of Christ's Salvation, and there's enough history about the scattering of the ten tribes to show many of them accepted The Gospel when preached to the Gentiles in Asia Minor and Europe. That's one reason why that title 'king of the Jews' applied to Christ Jesus is false.

Another reason why that title of Jew applied to Christ is false is because of the "Jew's religion". By the time of Christ's first coming, the claim of being a Jew or Judean meant being associated with the religion of the Jews run by the religious leaders of the Jews in that time. It no longer applied simply to one being born of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, or Levi, but as a religious connotation in acceptance of the doctrines the scribes and Pharisees and chief priests held to. It also applied to strangers living in Judea that accepted the Jew's religion. It sitll applies like that today for anyone of any nationality accepting the religion of Judaism. Christ strongly rebuked many of their doctrines as being leaven doctrines of men, and He had NO PART in their man-made religious doctrines, of which many directly denied HIM. So to infer that He was king over that is a ludicous idea.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
The people of God are called Jews because it is by the mother who teaches them wisdom that raises them up to honor God, just as we are being birthed as spiritual Jews circumsised of the heart by our mother-land, heavenly Jerusalem.But the actual bloodline is of the father of a child. No blood of the mother ever enters a child, it is self contained in the seed of the male.
Rom 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV

God is the Father of Jesus born of the Spirit and the Spirit of life resides in our blood and is what makes us of our bloodline. That is why God says our LIFE is in our blood. That is why Jesus said that we are to drink his blood(The Spirit) and eat his body(Bread of life being the Word of life)
God is both male and female in attributes not physically for God is Spirit? That is why Adam contained Eve upon his creation being made in the attributes(image) of God, but then God divided him into two for companionship, male and female but still called ONE FLESH. That is why we say our better half, soul mate and why opposites attract because Eve was given half of the attributes so it takes the two to make a whole man.
That is how we are in Christ, we shall be male, just as our head of our body, rather Jew or Gentile male or female, we shall be the One new man for Christ is the last Adam and as the man child we are the many membered body of him as God is restoring all things in Christ.

Take this for instance, notice how God calls lands by female names, yet the children of the land are by male names? Like Jacob... Jacob is the son/children but God also named Jacob, ISRAEL, the Woman, nation of Jerusalem/Israel is a her.

The 144,000 holy sons of Jacob shall marry the land The Woman and be restored Jerusalem/Israel:
Isa 62:4-7
4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,
7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
KJV

God does not marry individuals, He marries the mother-land of a nation but the people are the children of God and Israel or Samaria. But the actions of the people are a reflection of the mother-lands up bringing and according to their deeds decides rather the woman is faithful or not unto God.
Ezek 23:1-7
23:1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother:
3 And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity.
4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
5 And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians her neighbours,
6 Which were clothed with blue, captains and rulers, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding upon horses.
7 Thus she committed her whoredoms with them, with all them that were the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she doted: with all their idols she defiled herself.
KJV

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
afaithfulone4u said:
The people of God are called Jews because it is by the mother who teaches them wisdom that raises them up to honor God, just as we are being birthed as spiritual Jews circumsised of the heart by our mother-land, heavenly Jerusalem.But the actual bloodline is of the father of a child. No blood of the mother ever enters a child, it is self contained in the seed of the male.
Rom 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV

God is the Father of Jesus born of the Spirit and the Spirit of life resides in our blood and is what makes us of our bloodline. That is why God says our LIFE is in our blood. That is why Jesus said that we are to drink his blood(The Spirit) and eat his body(Bread of life being the Word of life)
God is both male and female in attributes not physically for God is Spirit? That is why Adam contained Eve upon his creation being made in the attributes(image) of God, but then God divided him into two for companionship, male and female but still called ONE FLESH. That is why we say our better half, soul mate and why opposites attract because Eve was given half of the attributes so it takes the two to make a whole man.
That is how we are in Christ, we shall be male, just as our head of our body, rather Jew or Gentile male or female, we shall be the One new man for Christ is the last Adam and as the man child we are the many membered body of him as God is restoring all things in Christ.

Take this for instance, notice how God calls lands by female names, yet the children of the land are by male names? Like Jacob... Jacob is the son/children but God also named Jacob, ISRAEL, the Woman, nation of Jerusalem/Israel is a her.

The 144,000 holy sons of Jacob shall marry the land The Woman and be restored Jerusalem/Israel:
Isa 62:4-7
4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,
7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
KJV

God does not marry individuals, He marries the mother-land of a nation but the people are the children of God and Israel or Samaria. But the actions of the people are a reflection of the mother-lands up bringing and according to their deeds decides rather the woman is faithful or not unto God.
Ezek 23:1-7
23:1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother:
3 And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity.
4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
5 And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians her neighbours,
6 Which were clothed with blue, captains and rulers, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding upon horses.
7 Thus she committed her whoredoms with them, with all them that were the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she doted: with all their idols she defiled herself.
KJV

One born of the tribe Ephraim is not a Jew.

One born of the tribe of Dan is not a Jew.

One born of the tribe of Manasseh is not a Jew...

Shall I keep going???

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
So How Say You Jesus Is A Jew?

Please condense what you said, down to only the statements that you can prove to me that they are the truth and not just your opinion. Thank you

And before you post it, tell me first what it is, exactly are you trying to prove to me.

Thank you
Uh, well, let me take a stab at this...

Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

kiwimac

Dec 19, 2009
Deepest, Darkest NZ
www.westcotthort.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ekul7291 said:
The Book of Matthew

Chapter 22

42Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

The mother of Jesus was a Jew. The Father of Jesus was not a Jew.

In the law of Moses it is forbidden for a Jewish woman to marry a Gentile.

In the law of Moses if your father is not a Jew then you a not a Jew.

How say you then Jesus is a Jew?
Jewishness is passed through the maternal line. Jesus was a Jew.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I haven't had time to read through all the responses so I don't know if anyone has discussed yet the motive for claiming Jesus wasn't a Jew. Christian Identity, the racist, bigoted, anti semitic group espouses this belief, and I have no doubt that the OP is spreading CI propaganda or that of a similar group. Christian Identity has a longstanding habit of finding alternate explanations of the Bible when it doesn't fit their beliefs. For instance, they believe that Adam wasn't the first man, but rather he was created as a superior race to rule over the "mud people" who existed at the time. The Adamic race they believe were the first whites. They also believe that Noah and his sons were white too. They explain the fact that "mud people" still exist by claiming the Great Flood was more of a local event, not effecting the entire world. This work around explains also why they can claim Jesus but deny his Jewish origins, which they find putrid.

So I'm going to come right out and say the OP is trolling, spreading a message of hate, bigotry, and white supremacy; a body of beliefs originating from the pit of hell. All discussions on this issue should bear this in mind.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kiwimac said:
Jewishness is passed through the maternal line. Jesus was a Jew.
Sort of true, but going back through the lineage of Jesus you find Ruth, a woman of Moab. Does that mean that Jesus wasn't a legitimate Jew?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Michael V Pardo said:
Sort of true, but going back through the lineage of Jesus you find Ruth, a woman of Moab. Does that mean that Jesus wasn't a legitimate Jew?
Even the woman at the well understood Jesus was Jewish. I keep seeing people toss around arbitrary definitions of being a Jew that are simply based on ignorance. Being a Jew isn't even necessarily based on birth. People forget that even in the Old Testament people converted to Judaism, most notably the thousands who did so in the saga of Queen Esther. But my last post exposed the intent of this thread because I've seen this before, the hate movement, the tares sown in among the wheat that have yet to be harvested, bundled, and burned. It's important to know that though they are among us, these hateful people, they are not one of us, for they serve their father, the devil. I detest the OP and the pit of hell it came from.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Vale Of Tears said:
Even the woman at the well understood Jesus was Jewish. I keep seeing people toss around arbitrary definitions of being a Jew that are simply based on ignorance. Being a Jew isn't even necessarily based on birth. People forget that even in the Old Testament people converted to Judaism, most notably the thousands who did so in the saga of Queen Esther. But my last post exposed the intent of this thread because I've seen this before, the hate movement, the tares sown in among the wheat that have yet to be harvested, bundled, and burned. It's important to know that though they are among us, these hateful people, they are not one of us, for they serve their father, the devil. I detest the OP and the pit of hell it came from.
I never question motives as they usually aren't good and it isn't generally possible to know them unless revealed by the individual in question. I grew up in a semi-Catholic family (my dad's faith was never more than some rudimentary superstition about wearing some catholic medals through Europe during WWII) but when I was growing up it would've been difficult to get through the Christmas or Easter season without seeing at least one movie about Jesus Christ's birth or ministry. I always assumed that most people knew that there was a man named Jesus living in Israel nearly 2000 years ago, who claimed to be the Son of God, was crucified, and was seen resurrected from the dead by many witnesses. That is, until a few years ago, when I participated in a street event down the block from the church where my wife and I were members, handing out gospel tracts and talking to the locals. I spoke with one young boy who apparently had never even heard the name of Jesus, if he was being honest. This is New Jersey, not the 3rd world, but biblical illiteracy has become the norm, even among professing Christians. I started reading the scripture shortly after beginning to read (about 7 or 8 years old) but I'm unable to make any assumptions about others having a desire to know more about Christ than they already know. I've never understood why anyone (except possibly a Jew) wouldn't want to know as much as possible about Jesus the Christ, the most extraordinary man ever born even if you never believed His claims. This one man's life changed history entirely for the last 2000 years and He was born a carpenter's son in an obscure village in Northern Palestine and probably never ventured more than a 100 miles from His home. This kind of thing just doesn't happen. In any event, I'm always glad to hear someone ask a question about Jesus and I'm always ready to give them an answer (though it isn't likely to be one that they'll appreciate.)

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
veteran said:
One born of the tribe Ephraim is not a Jew.

One born of the tribe of Dan is not a Jew.

One born of the tribe of Manasseh is not a Jew...

Shall I keep going???

Let's have some fun with the English translation/interpretation. For examples:

Paul was a Jew (whatever that is; unheard-of in Moses' days) here:
Acts 21:39 (KJV)
But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

Paul was an Israelite (descendant of Yacob/Israel, say a people), Benjamite (descendant of Benjamin, say a tribe), Hebrew (descendant of Heber, say a nation) and Pharisee (whatever that is; unheard-of in Moses' days) here:
Philippians 3:4-5 (KJV)
Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

1) Paul was a Benjamite because his father was a Benjamite? (yes or no to patriarchal lineage?)
Or
2) Paul was a Jew because his mother was a Jew? (yes or no to matriarchal lineage?)
And
3) What is a "lawful" Pharisee? (unheard-of in Moses' days)
And
4) What is a Jew? (also unheard-of in Moses' days)

John_8:32 said:
Uh, well, let me take a stab at this...

Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Are you trying to claim that Jesus was a Jew because he and his [step]father Jeseph (My bad, I mean Joseph) were descendants of Judah? Or because Jesus and his mother (Mary) were descendants of Judah?

Let's continue to have some fun with another English translation/interpretation. For example:

Esther 8:16-17 (KJV)
The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour. And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

How did those people change their parents? Perhaps some mad dogs or a few [KJV] Englishmen have the answer. (No offense! Just for laughs!)

Doxiemom

Oct 17, 2014
How do we know God isn't Jewish?

I am serious. All that is called "jewish", from the language to the Law to the Temple to the Ark are designs dictated by God and patterned after that which is in Heaven.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Doxiemom said:
How do we know God isn't Jewish?

I am serious. All that is called "jewish", from the language to the Law to the Temple to the Ark are designs dictated by God and patterned after that which is in Heaven.
God is Jewish ? ... God is a Spirit and all things Jewish pertain to that which is physical. Please note that Adam wasn't a Jew
and he was the first, and he was created in the image of God.
And from him sprang all the peoples of the earth, the entire human race, so we all are after that pattern and type.

Abraham began the line of those called and separated unto God and he was a Chaldean, from a tribe from southern Babylon.
The Chaldeans descended from Shem one of Noah's son's.

"Jews" only came into existence much later, first they were Hebrews as is noted in Gen 14:13,

Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew, who was living by the oaks of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol and of Aner.
These were allies of Abram.

Hebrew means "one from beyond" or the "region beyond" the Euphrates river.

The term "Jew" comes from the tribe of Judah ... and is symbolised by a lion ... if you study patterns and types you will find the lion, eagle, man and
ox in the way they arranged the tribes of Israel - sorry but I don't have time to go into that now - this picture is also found in Ezek 1 and Rev 4.
Jesus is known as the Lion of the tribe of Judah.

My apologies for leaving so much unsaid but it is a very interesting study ... just that now I'm getting ready for church.
Maybe later in another topic or here ... cheers and God bless.

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Enquirer said:
God is Jewish ? ... God is a Spirit and all things Jewish pertain to that which is physical. Please note that Adam wasn't a Jew
And from him sprang all the peoples of the earth, the entire human race, so we all are after that pattern and type.

Abraham began the line of those called and separated unto God and he was a Chaldean, from a tribe from southern Babylon.

"Jews" only came into existence much later, first they were Hebrews as is noted in Gen 14:13,

Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew, who was living by the oaks of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol and of Aner.

The term "Jew" comes from the tribe of Judah ... and is symbolised by a lion ... if you study patterns and types you will find the lion, eagle, man and
ox in the way they arranged the tribes of Israel - sorry but I don't have time to go into that now - this picture is also found in Ezek 1 and Rev 4.

My apologies for leaving so much unsaid but it is a very interesting study ... just that now I'm getting ready for church.
The term "Jew" comes from the tribe of Judah ?????

Jehudites (a 3-syllable masculine noun/word; aka Judahites) are [SIZE=18.399999618530273px]descendants[/SIZE] of Jehudah (a 3-syllable masculine noun/word; English transliterated Judah). And may I ask you these few questions for a start:

1) Do you have a verse in the Bible to affirm this "strange" statement of yours?

2) If you are right, that "Jew" is another word/term for Jehudite, then Apostle Paul was both a Benjamite/Benjamin and a Jehudite/Judah? But how did he become a descendant of 2 tribes of Israel?

3) And if you are right, that "Jew" is another word/term for Jehudite, then how did those natives/people mentioned in Esther 8:16-17 became "Jehudites" because of their fear of the "Jehudites"? Please don't tell me those [yellow-bellied] chickens became lions for their fear of the lions LOL! (Just for laughs; no offense!) For an Ethopian can't change the color of his skin, nor a leopard take away its spots.

HearGod said:
The term "Jew" comes from the tribe of Judah ?????

Jehudites (a 3-syllable masculine noun/word; aka Judahites) are [SIZE=18.399999618530273px]descendants[/SIZE] of Jehudah (a 3-syllable masculine noun/word; English transliterated Judah). And may I ask you these few questions for a start:

1) Do you have a verse in the Bible to affirm this "strange" statement of yours?

2) If you are right, that "Jew" is another word/term for Jehudite, then Apostle Paul was both a Benjamite/Benjamin and a Jehudite/Judah? But how did he become a descendant of 2 tribes of Israel?

3) And if you are right, that "Jew" is another word/term for Jehudite, then how did those natives/people mentioned in Esther 8:16-17 became "Jehudites" because of their fear of the "Jehudites"? Please don't tell me those [yellow-bellied] chickens became lions for their fear of the lions LOL! (Just for laughs; no offense!) For an Ethopian can't change the color of his skin, nor a leopard take away its spots.
"Jew" (a 1-syllable word)

1) Is it a masculine, feminine or a neuter noun? or?

2) If it is a masculine noun, is it a kind/people of a tribe/race? or?

3) If it is a feminine noun, is it a name of a place? or a female Jewess? or

4) If it is neuter noun, is it a type of a spirit/thing? or

5) If it is not even a noun? what is it?

Doxiemom

Oct 17, 2014
Enquirer said:

Well, we surely can agree, that as far as we know, God, the Father, nor, the Holy Spirit, has no DNA. So Jesus had to been made fully from Mary's DNA. That is His human nature. His Divine Nature came from the Holy Spirit. That seems to me a reasonable approach. The natural law made Him a jew , being born of a Jewish mother.

God chose from the direct line born of Adam to Abraham to establish the people Israel. Does it not seem reasonable that what He established through this people was a reflection of Him, His nature, His Spiritual DNA?

However the People Israel came into being, it was God's Will. They reflect a particular human DNA exactly as God chose . And Jesus is of the People Israel. He reflects both His mother's lineage and His Father's Spiritual DNA, being fully human and fully God.

Why would we desire a non-Jewish Son of God?