How to Activate the Grace Within

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Emekrus- Are you perhaps thinking of the following verse about stirring up the Spirit in us?

The apostle Paul admonished members in one of the churches he started, "Do not quench the Spirit" (1 Thessalonians 5:19). He also urged Timothy: "Stir up [rekindle] the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:6-7)."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Emekrus- Are you perhaps thinking of the following verse about stirring up the Spirit in us?

The apostle Paul admonished members in one of the churches he started, "Do not quench the Spirit" (1 Thessalonians 5:19). He also urged Timothy: "Stir up [rekindle] the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:6-7)."

Good verses...what I found odd in OP was the thought that "we activate" the grace of God. That to me is very strange indeed.

Grace is something God give to us..I can't see anywhere that is say - that We "use" grace like one of the gifts.

Maybe someone has some verses to back that thought up..or maybe I am too stupid to see is...grace is not something we 'do'.

Or am I out in the left field? Maybe.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good verses...what I found odd in OP was the thought that "we activate" the grace of God. That to me is very strange indeed.

Grace is something God give to us..I can't see anywhere that is say - that We "use" grace like one of the gifts.

Maybe someone has some verses to back that thought up..or maybe I am too stupid to see is...grace is not something we 'do'.

Or am I out in the left field? Maybe.

You are hardly stupid! Neither have I heard of what the OP is talking about..hmmmm, maybe we're both stupid!!! Ahhahaha... actually, we are: "...For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." :)

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are hardly stupid! Neither have I heard of what the OP is talking about..hmmmm, maybe we're both stupid!!! Ahhahaha... actually, we are: "...For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." :)

Well, that reads pretty STUPIDLY! lol.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I read through the comments and agree with alot of what was said. This is emekrus thread so don't want to distract from that, but if you reason your answers "why is the body of Christ in such turmoil" most of the time? I'm not talking necessarily about this online business of agree-disagree and hate mail :). What is your take on the situation if you have one, if you don't your head is in the sand IMO.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"why is the body of Christ in such turmoil" most of the time?

For me...the answer would be - Because of the 'happy clappy' liberal church ministers...who lead a church..as a job of work for the pay check...just like the sons of Eli.
...leading their followers into the ditch.

Reactions: soul man