How to Authentically Speak in Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good then, what you speak is gibberish, you’ve lead yourself to believe you speak in tongues. Be gone now, your of no interest to me.
One must not speak unless there is an interpreter present, per Bible, correct?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is not the greatest miracle when God saves a hell bound lost sinner?
That is Saving Grace and although you may claim it as a miracle in the same way people consider new birth of a child a miracle. But there are specific healings, specific prophesies, specific words of knowledge etc which are still around in any Spirit led church fellowship.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Healing, Miracles, and tongues not gifts for today!

It depends what you mean by "today". Perhaps not on 02/22/2022 (for you) but your denial of God's ability to give gifts, spiritual or otherwise, at this point in time, is wrong. If you lack faith, don't assume that others do also. Again, in 1977 I was 1) healed in the hospital by Jesus and 2) was given the gift of my prayer language ("tongues"). You can believe it or not but your disbelief doesn't negate God's gift.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must not speak unless there is an interpreter present, per Bible, correct?

Incorrect. Matthew 6:6, "But whenever you pray, go into your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The subject of this thread is "how to authentically speak in tongues". Disregarding those who lack the faith to believe what God can give to His children (believers), I would encourage anyone who desires to speak in tongues to ask God for your personal prayer language. If you have faith and don't doubt you will receive. James 1:6, "But he must ask in faith without doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed around by the wind."

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JohnPaul wrote something similar (and meaningless) to me. See the previous post #203. It must be his standard reply.
Only to idiots such as yourself with thick skulls who are slow.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are gibberish and a con, I’m done with you move on deciptor.

Would you explain what this means: I am "gibberish"? Gibberish definition: unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense". The last time I checked I was flesh and blood, not unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing.

Also, who/what is a "deciptor"? Is that an English word?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl, pay absolutely no attention to JohnPaul's insults. He is simply showing the hardness of his heart.
I think perhaps he has become rather frustrated that people won't accept his view of things. i don't hold a grudge.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a man who brought a baby back to life after it had been dead for two days he just prayed not even knowing it was dead. I know a man who has seen a persons leg grow after being prayed for and I know a man who prayed for a woman who couldn't see because she had no eyes and after he prayed she had eyes. Now, is that not miraculous. And these are men I have known personally as part of my church for years. Miracles still happen. You may not see them or even hear of them so perhaps you are in the wrong branch of the Church. Find a church which still believe in miracles and the movement of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I have been healed while watching the live streaming of a revival meeting in Wales a few years ago. The preacher was about to walk off the platform but turned back and pointed at me through the screen and told me I would be healed and in about two minutes I was totally healed. These miracles still happen and it's sad that people no longer believe. It must grieve the Holy Spirit.

I have also received prophetic words; words which God gave me as I was praying and which were confirmed when a visiting preacher from South Africa repeated to me exactly what God had said. It made my knees buckle with the awe of it. And we are supposed to be in awe of our wonderful loving and living God.

I know we can't all perform miracles in the name of Jesus but some people still do.
People who pray for things and do not receive them have either asked amiss or they do not believe God. Probably lots of the latter these days among people calling themselves, Christians. What is impossible for God?

Reactions: Pearl and pompadour

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Be on your with you gibberish." Is that supposed to mean something? To me it's gibberish.
"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:3-5

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:1-7

Reactions: Pearl

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not the greatest miracle when God saves a hell bound lost sinner?

Standard Cessationist reheoric. TRUE Salvation is a great (and absolutely fundamental) miracle. But of course that doesn't constitute any argument AT ALL for the cessation of the 1 Cor 12 "GIFTS" (charisma). SO it's time for you to get into your "The published Bible is THAT PERFECT" shtick.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pearl, pay absolutely no attention to JohnPaul's insults. He is simply showing the hardness of his heart.
Ignore time, if some one doesn’t agree with you the are hard of the heat, it was Pearl who first told me to be on my way.

Adios!

Status
Not open for further replies.