How to Authentically Speak in Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if the belief that the gifts are not for today grieves the Holy Spirit. He wants to give gifts but there are people who refuse to even believe they exist. It would grieve me if those I loved refused my gifts.
he still grants gifts, but not as tongues, not healing and miracles!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not saying that the Lord is not able to do healings and miracles today, but not the norm, would be extraordinary things, and that NONE are gifted to do such as Apostles were by him!
I know a man who brought a baby back to life after it had been dead for two days he just prayed not even knowing it was dead. I know a man who has seen a persons leg grow after being prayed for and I know a man who prayed for a woman who couldn't see because she had no eyes and after he prayed she had eyes. Now, is that not miraculous. And these are men I have known personally as part of my church for years. Miracles still happen. You may not see them or even hear of them so perhaps you are in the wrong branch of the Church. Find a church which still believe in miracles and the movement of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I have been healed while watching the live streaming of a revival meeting in Wales a few years ago. The preacher was about to walk off the platform but turned back and pointed at me through the screen and told me I would be healed and in about two minutes I was totally healed. These miracles still happen and it's sad that people no longer believe. It must grieve the Holy Spirit.

I have also received prophetic words; words which God gave me as I was praying and which were confirmed when a visiting preacher from South Africa repeated to me exactly what God had said. It made my knees buckle with the awe of it. And we are supposed to be in awe of our wonderful loving and living God.

I know we can't all perform miracles in the name of Jesus but some people still do.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a man who have brought a baby back to life after it had been dead for two days. I know a man who has seen a persons leg grow after being prayed for and I know a man who prayed for a woman who couldn't see because she had no eyes and after he prayed she had eyes. Now, is that not miraculous. And these are men I have known personally as part of my church for years. Miracles still happen. You may not see them or even hear of them so perhaps you are in the wrong branch of the Church. Find a church which still believe in miracles and the movement of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I have also received prophetic words; words which God gave me as I was praying and which were confirmed when a visiting preacher from South Africa repeated to me exactly what God had said. It made my knees buckle with the awe of it. And we are supposed to be in awe of our wonderful loving and living God.

I know we can't all perform miracles in the name of Jesus but some people still do.
ANY miracles or healings are done by the Lord Himself, and is NOT the norm for today!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ANY miracles or healings are done by the Lord Himself, and is NOT the norm for today!
perhaps that's because of a lack of faith. But through faith God can still move mountains and cause miraculous healings. You should try believing instead of dismissing.

Reactions: Jim B

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
perhaps that's because of a lack of faith. But through faith God can still move mountains and cause miraculous healings. You should try believing instead of dismissing.
Paul had FAR greater faith then you shall ever had, and yet the Lord jesus stated no to His healing request!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul had FAR greater faith then you shall ever had, and yet the Lord jesus stated no to His healing request!

So? Paul couldn't dictate terms to Jesus. That doesn't negate healing. Personally, I was healed by Jesus in the hospital and instantly became a believer. (Formally I was a confirmed atheist.)

God distributes His gifts as He wishes: healing, speaking in tongues, prophecy, etc.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if the belief that the gifts are not for today grieves the Holy Spirit. He wants to give gifts but there are people who refuse to even believe they exist. It would grieve me if those I loved refused my gifts.

Look Pearl, I've never had a problem with you, I just don't believe, so please be on your way.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was trained in AOG school. was a teaching Elder in AOG, been saved out into Reformed baptist, and do see the errors in especially the Charasmatic Chaos wing into Word of faith, prosperity, health and wealth etc!
I'm glad you see through it JesusFan1.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he still grants gifts, but not as tongues, not healing and miracles!
God has shown me His healing power, in me, I believe. I don't believe people are doing signs and wonders, and the next signs and wonders this earth will see will be the lying signs and wonders of the beast, and the man of sin. But God heals today. I know, myself.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, he's said no to some of mine too but that doesn't diminish what he has done.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Look Pearl, I've never had a problem with you, I just don't believe, so please be on your way.
Well I think you should ask God to give you more faith in his gifts rather than just say you don't believe.
Mark 9:24
help me overcome my unbelief!”

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think you should ask God to give you more faith in his gifts rather than just say you don't believe.
Mark 9:24
help me overcome my unbelief!”
I believe in God and his miracles but speaking in tongues was for the Apostles to be able to communicate with people in foreign lands who did not speak the Apostles language, now it is no longer needed.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in God and his miracles but speaking in tongues was for the Apostles to be able to communicate with people in foreign lands who did not speak the Apostles language, now it is no longer needed.

That may be your opinion but it's not accurate. Speaking in an unknown tongue is a gift of the Spirit, given to whomever He wants. God has given me and many others the ability to pray in a language that He understands, bypassing my conscious thoughts. I pray in the Spirit several times a day and am certain that God hears me and understands me prayer. It is the Holy Spirt in me -- part of the Godhead -- communicating with God.

God gave me a gift and I use it constantly. If you disagree that is not of any importance to me.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That may be your opinion but it's not accurate. Speaking in an unknown tongue is a gift of the Spirit, given to whomever He wants. God has given me and many others the ability to pray in a language that He understands, bypassing my conscious thoughts. I pray in the Spirit several times a day and am certain that God hears me and understands me prayer. It is the Holy Spirt in me -- part of the Godhead -- communicating with God.

God gave me a gift and I use it constantly. If you disagree that is not of any importance to me.
Good then, what you speak is gibberish, you’ve lead yourself to believe you speak in tongues. Be gone now, your of no interest to me.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good then, what you speak is gibberish, you’ve lead yourself to believe you speak in tongues. Be gone now, your of no interest to me.

Whether you're interested or not is of no interest to me. You can't read my mind. If you're not interested why are you responding?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether you're interested or not is of no interest to me. You can't read my mind. If you're not interested why are you responding?
Why do you keep responding? Be on your with you gibberish.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Paul couldn't dictate terms to Jesus. That doesn't negate healing. Personally, I was healed by Jesus in the hospital and instantly became a believer. (Formally I was a confirmed atheist.)

God distributes His gifts as He wishes: healing, speaking in tongues, prophecy, etc.
Healing, Miracles, and tongues not gifts for today!

Status
Not open for further replies.