How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught Mk 16:16 faith and baptism

Really, seriously?

1. Many textual critics find the text from Matthew 16:9-20 to be inauthentic. In the earliest manuscripts, this text cannot be found.

There is only 1 thing that is added to the in these passages.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, seriously?

1. Many textual critics find the text from Matthew 16:9-20 to be inauthentic. In the earliest manuscripts, this text cannot be found.

It was there dear sister . They were authentic . You are loved dear sister .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, seriously?

The people in the video were taking it to an extreme;

But I would say that James 3:7 interprets Mark 16:18 and that this does not mean that we are to tempt the Lord.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do what the Bible says. My Bible says that the Catholic interpretation of scripture is anathema.

Galatians 1:8
English Standard Version

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Sorry we including Paul are Catholic and we’re here first, your Protestant nonsense is another gospel!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, seriously?

The early manuscripts don’t exist, so it’s just a way to eliminate a verse your false gospel is opposed to

Baptism!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19 ( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)
Mk 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark and the church there is no salvation!)

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry we including Paul are Catholic and we’re here first, your Protestant nonsense is another gospel!

You cannot prove any of this. Paul was an apostle. There is no evidence of him having a part in the RCC. Wishful thinking on your part.

Your verses are great, but none of them apply to Catholic interpretation, let alone plain reason. They are made up doctrines that use manipulative tactics to scare people into giving money. Then they spend that money to fund abortion. There is nothing Godly about these actions.

No ancient manuscripts? Ever heard of codex Vaticanus and codex Sinaiticus? Amazing that a Catholic would state such things.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Our gospel is in accordance with what Paul preached in Galatians; yours is contrary to that gospel.

If you don't believe me, read through the epistle to the Galatians a few times and try to get the message of that book.

You will see that it teaches that salvation is not of works...something that is taught by your church in contradiction to Paul's gospel.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Our gospel is in accordance with what Paul preached in Galatians; yours is contrary to that gospel.

If you don't believe me, read through the epistle to the Galatians a few times and try to get the message of that book.

You will see that it teaches that salvation is not of works...something that is taught by your church in contradiction to Paul's gospel.

salvation is eternal of grace, it is grace that gives power and merit to faith and works

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
salvation is eternal of grace, it is grace that gives power and merit to faith and works
There is no merit towards salvation in the works of man. Salvation is by grace through faith apart from works (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:5-6, Titus 3:5, Romans 11:5-6).

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He actually said that to everyone who would be born again of the Holy Spirit from that time forward.
I stated that Jesus told the Apostles 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

You allege that Jesus "said that to everyone"? Can you show me in Scripture where He said that to "everyone"?

If Jesus meant that for EVERYONE then why aren't you listening to me? Why are you rejecting me? See how your interpretation of that passage is not logical?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am really not preaching relativism.

I am preaching that every person is going to interpret anything that they hear through the filter of their minds. So, it is better to get my information from the source rather than first through the filter of someone else's mind; such as when we receive doctrine from those in the Catholic Church who have interpreted the Bible through the filter of their minds and expect us to not use our own minds to filter what they have said; and that neither should we read the holy scriptures for ourselves and be true Bereans (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and filter what is preached by the Catholic Church through the lens of holy scripture
Ummmmm.....Are you not getting it thru the filter of your own mind??? You are interpreting the source thru your own mind!!!! That IS relativism!!! You are filtering it into what is relative to YOU....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the church.
Right......they gather together in a building (church)!!! Sooooo how is that building the pillar and foundation of truth? It can't be....

Since a building can not be the pillar and foundation of truth something else has to be. Your theory is that the people in that church are the pillar and foundation of truth. That isn't logical since not every person in the building can have the truth since they all interpret scripture differently and have different truths.

Soooooo who in The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only because some of what the Catholic Church teaches is not according to holy scripture by my estimation (as well as by the estimation of many Protestants who have been Bereans (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) concerning Catholic teaching).
RELATIVISM.....;)

The Bereans searched OT Scripture (written teaching) to determine if what Paul was telling (oral teaching) them about Jesus being the fulfillment of Scripture was true. Once they determined what Paul was telling them (oral teaching) about Jesus was true they became Christians. The story about the Bereans in Scripture have NOTHING to do with determining what is true or false doctrine!!! The elders of The Church determine what is true or false doctrine just like they did at the Council of Jerusalem. Just like The Church decided what books belong in the Bible that you read. The Church decides these things...not you...not me. The hierarchy of The Church decides.

Lack of or rejecting hierarchy leads to anarchy and we have had 500 years of that!!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just believe the eternal living Words of God.
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13
GOD's Word SAYS=
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anywhere they want, your house, the coffee shop, the park, camping, the beach, backyard etc........

the people are the church-the body of Christ. scripture declares God does not dwell in temples made by man

Acts 7:48
Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says,

Acts 17:24-25
The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.
Thank you Christophany.

I agree with you that the people make up the church-the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27). Scripture also says "that there should be no division in the body".

Soooooo when the body of Christ (the church) meets in a house what are we to do when they disagree (have division) with the body of Christ that meets in the coffee shop? Or when the park people have division with the backyard people on what it takes to obtain salvation?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do what the Bible says. My Bible says that the Catholic interpretation of scripture is anathema.

Galatians 1:8
English Standard Version

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Hmmmmm.......soooooo what about the Protestants that agree with (have same doctrine) some of the "Catholic interpretation of Scripture"? Are they anathema also or are they just partially anathema?

When you say that you "do what the Bible says" are you saying that the Catholic Church and some Protestant churches don't do what the Bible says? After all, there are many Protestants that would disagree with you and say that THEY are doing what the bible says.....:)

Curious Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no merit towards salvation in the works of man. Salvation is by grace through faith apart from works (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:5-6, Titus 3:5, Romans 11:5-6).

apart from works verses are referring to the redemption accomplished by Christ