How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posts come and go .....some good.....some not so good.....this one here? Its Definitely “ a keeper “..... great work, although the weak and confused crowd always finds a way to Twist Scripture and ignore obvious Truth........All we can do is to keep up the good fight of Faith as we contend for the Gospel....
Remember , there is no hope in the pope . ONLY IN JESUS CHRIST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only people would leave it at that....
But always remember , IF THE JESUS we love and follow IS another jesus , we been duped , that one cant save .
Satan has been at work USING the name of JESUS and yet leading people to ANOTHER jesus . One which honors SIN
one which honors all paths to GOD . THAT AINT JESUS . But YES , to be saved BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .
Look at what phillip even tells the eunach who wanted to get water baptized .
The eunach says SEE here is water , SO what does HINDER ME from being baptized .
Notice phillip didnt say , WELL ya gotta learn our creeds , HE said IF YE BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST with your whole heart .
THE ONLY THING that saves . Many folks get water baptized and yet have no faith . OOOPSY the water aint gonna save ya .
ONLY FAITH IN JESUS DOES that . True lambs are hearers and DOERS of what our LORD taught .
FOR GOD has put the SPIRIT In our hearts , WORKING in us that which is WELL PLEASING TO GOD .
WHEN paul said , YE are saved by GRACE , HE WASNT KIDDING . Now excuse me for a second
while i go and praise and thank the LORD FOR the mercies of HIS grace given me IN CHRIST . ITS A GIFT my friends .
Embrace the glorious LORD and live . Praise be to His glorious Name .

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
To be Saved , one has to do Gods Will.....and what is that “ Will?” Jesus said that the Will Of The Father was to BELIEVE in the One that He sent”...... I do that.....that is why I am Saved...
I have been saying over and over that the Bible teaches for one to be saved one must do God's will...one must obey to be saved (Rom 6:16-18; Heb 5:9; 2 Thess 1:8; etc). Yet some here deny that obedience saves, they go so far as to call obedience a work of merit.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Learn from the example of “ Lydia, the seller of purple” in Acts..... it was said of her that God “ opened her heart” to receiving the Gospel......why would it be any different for anybody else?

“ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw them” .....the Holy Spirit “ draws” with the Conviction Of Sin.....one must see that they are a Lost Sinner That MUST have a Savior or why go “looking” for one, much less making the decision to put your Trust in one for your Salvation ?
Like many preachers say, “ Ya gotta get ‘ em Lost Before you can get them Saved !”
Even the Phillipian Jailer who asked, “ What must I do to be Saved?” Had to have the Conviction Of sin or he would have never asked that question....
And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.
And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us

---1 Cor 1:21 men are saved through preaching for Christianity is a taught religion and not by some random, miraculous act of the Holy Spirit apart from the gospel being taught to men.

---Paul was sent to Macedonia to go there to "preach the gospel unto them", vs 9-10. If the HS miraculously 'enlightens' one understanding apart from the gospel being preached then why send Paul to Macedonia to preach? Why would the Spirit send for Phillip in Acts 8 to preach to the eunuch if the HS 'enlightens' one's understanding apart from the word being preached? In Acts 26:16ff God made Paul a "minister", a preacher of the gospel to "open the eyes" of the Gentiles. Open the eyes is the same as open the heart and it is done by ministering the word to men not by a miraculous act of the HS apart from the word being preached. Why need for the great commission to go and teach if the HS is required to first "regenerate" men then miraculous 'enlighten" man's understanding of the gospel?

---Paul FIRST "SPAKE" to Lydia and she "HEARD" and THEN the Lord opened her heart. The Greek word for heard is akouo and carries the meaning to comprehend, to understand. Jesus gives order of events in Matt 13:15 "...lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." One must FIRST see/hear the gospel THEN understand THEN be converted THEN He heals them.

---hence Lydia's heart was opened by the Lord through HIS WORD being spoken to Lydia and her hearing it (understanding) and developing faith by hearing that word, Rom 10:17. Lydia "gave heed" to what was SPOKEN to her by Paul showing she had believed what was SPOKEN to her.

---Lydia was observing the Sabbath day and she "worshipped God" while in a lost state, hence there is no such thing as total depravity that requires some miraculous act of the HS upon one before one is willing or able to understand God's word.

--Lydia was baptized for God has chosen baptism as the means by which He saves....'and when she was baptized" is HOW Lydia 'gave heed" to what was spoken to her and is proof she received the gospel spoken to her by Paul.
Acts 2:41 "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:" therefore those that reject the gospel word rejected being baptized. Hence the logical conclusion is being baptized is how one receives the gospel (Acts 8:12-14 and Acts 10:47-48 cf Acts 11:1). Rejecting baptism is rejecting the gospel word.

---Jn 6:45 the context tells us HOW God draws men in v45;
It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
God draws men, as He drew Lydia by His word when people are TAUGHT, HEARD and LEARNED as exactly happened with Lydia.

Last edited:

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
“ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw them” .....the Holy Spirit “ draws” PTL God is not willing that any perish but you must choose to believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior or reject Him.
Jn 6:45 God draws men by His word when men have been TAUGHT, HEARD and LEARNED. The drawing is not by some random, miraculous act of the Holy SPirit apart from the word of God being taught, heard, learned.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Posts come and go .....some good.....some not so good.....this one here? Its Definitely “ a keeper “..... great work, although the weak and confused crowd always finds a way to Twist Scripture and ignore obvious Truth........All we can do is to keep up the good fight of Faith as we contend for the Gospel....
I showed you HOW men can be PERFECT. Men can be perfect TRHOUGH CHRIST when men are baptized into Christ Gal 3:27 men 'put on' Christ, put on Christ's perfect righteousness therefore are seen as perfect by God THROUGH Christ. People continue to put their teachings above the Bible unfortunately.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Sirs what must i do to be saved ...............
BELIEVE YE ON CHRIST JESUS .
Look at the fuller context

30-and brought them out and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31-And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.
32-And they spake the word of the Lord unto him, with all that were in his house.
33-And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, immediately.
34-And he brought them up into his house, and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, with all his house, having believed in God

--when he asked what he must do do be saved v30 he was NEVER told to believe only or to recite some sinner's prayer

--when in v31 he was told to believe on the Lord, he had not yet been TAUGHT the word of the Lord which took place in v32. He was not miraculously enlighten by the HS, was not totally depraved but was TAUGHT, he HEARD and LEARNED...drawn by God by God's word.

--after hearing the word being taught to him, he repented by washing their stripes and was baptized.

--the participle phrase "having believed in God" v34 sums up all the jailer had just done in repenting and being baptized. Hence "believed" is used as a synecdoche where believed includes repentance and baptism as "believed' in Acts 2:44 includes being baptized per v41....the ones who 'believed' in v44 were the one who are said to have received the word and baptized per v41.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the fuller context

30-and brought them out and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31-And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.
32-And they spake the word of the Lord unto him, with all that were in his house.
33-And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, immediately.
34-And he brought them up into his house, and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, with all his house, having believed in God

--when he asked what he must do do be saved v30 he was NEVER told to believe only or to recite some sinner's prayer

--when in v31 he was told to believe on the Lord, he had not yet been TAUGHT the word of the Lord which took place in v32. He was not miraculously enlighten by the HS, was not totally depraved but was TAUGHT, he HEARD and LEARNED...drawn by God by God's word.

--after hearing the word being taught to him, he repented by washing their stripes and was baptized.

--the participle phrase "having believed in God" v34 sums up all the jailer had just done in repenting and being baptized. Hence "believed" is used as a synecdoche where believed includes repentance and baptism as "believed' in Acts 2:44 includes being baptized per v41....the ones who 'believed' in v44 were the one who are said to have received the word and baptized per v41.
You really need to read all of what i am writing my friend . I have long said that true lambs are hearers and Doers of the word .
Its real simple . If one is a lamb they love all things JESUS taught . They will not pick and choose what things
to do and omit other stuff . For the Love of GOD has been shed upon their hearts .
Lets take abraham as an example of having TRUE FAITH , TRUE BELIEF .
WHEN GOD SAID DO , ABRAHAM DID . Its real simple . TRULY IS .
Obediance and love are not contrary the one to the other . WHAT WE LOVE IS WHAT WE DO
WHO we obey IS WHO WE LOVE . Who we serve is whose we are .
The SPIRIT works within the true believers for GOD has given the SPIRIT unto those who BELIEVE IN CHRIST .
The SPIRIT will never feed the flesh , the lusts of the flesh . It is CONTRARY to the flesh .
SO if folks are getting goose bumps over trash doctrine and heads are swelling over lil god teachings
I ASSURE US they are following THE FLESH and NOT GOD , NOT THE SPIRIT .
We better examine what JESUS we love and follow . WE better learn our bibles well and get built up in the true faith
once delivered unto the saints .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really need to read all of what i am writing my friend . I have long said that true lambs are hearers and Doers of the word .
Its real simple . If one is a lamb they love all things JESUS taught . They will not pick and choose what things
to do and omit other stuff . For the Love of GOD has been shed upon their hearts .
Lets take abraham as an example of having TRUE FAITH , TRUE BELIEF .
WHEN GOD SAID DO , ABRAHAM DID . Its real simple . TRULY IS .
Obediance and love are not contrary the one to the other . WHAT WE LOVE IS WHAT WE DO
WHO we obey IS WHO WE LOVE . Who we serve is whose we are .
The SPIRIT works within the true believers for GOD has given the SPIRIT unto those who BELIEVE IN CHRIST .
The SPIRIT will never feed the flesh , the lusts of the flesh . It is CONTRARY to the flesh .
SO if folks are getting goose bumps over trash doctrine and heads are swelling over lil god teachings
I ASSURE US they are following THE FLESH and NOT GOD , NOT THE SPIRIT .
We better examine what JESUS we love and follow . WE better learn our bibles well and get built up in the true faith
once delivered unto the saints .
"WHO we obey IS WHO WE LOVE ." That what my wife says!

Reactions: amigo de christo

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw them” .....the Holy Spirit “ draws” PTL God is not willing that any perish but you must choose to believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior or reject Him.
Amen! Although it is our responsibility to choose to believe and we will be held accountable for unbelief (John 3:18), saving belief/faith in Christ is never exclusively a matter of human decision. Unless the Father draws us and enables us (John 6:44,65) we would NEVER come to believe all by ourselves. The approach of the soul to Christ is initiated by the Father, but He doesn't force us to choose to believe in Christ unto salvation, we must choose to believe. The impulse to faith in Christ comes from God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Although it is our responsibility to choose to believe and we will be held accountable for unbelief (John 3:18), saving belief/faith in Christ is never exclusively a matter of human decision. Unless the Father draws us and enables us (John 6:44,65) we would NEVER come to believe all by ourselves. The approach of the soul to Christ is initiated by the Father, but He doesn't force us to choose to believe in Christ unto salvation, we must choose to believe. The impulse to faith in Christ comes from God.
A quick reminder to all , though i am sure many have heard this more than once , never allow this generation
to lead us into the all inclusive sin accepting many path accepting lie . Preach JESUS and all biblical truth as constant reminders
whereby the lambs shall grow and no longer be tossed to and fro by the deceptions of world wise men who lie in wait to deceive .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A quick reminder to all , though i am sure many have heard this more than once , never allow this generation
to lead us into the all inclusive sin accepting many path accepting lie . Preach JESUS and all biblical truth as constant reminders
whereby the lambs shall grow and no longer be tossed to and fro by the deceptions of world wise men who lie in wait to deceive .
What on Earth does this mean??? "never allow this generation to lead us into the all inclusive sin accepting many path accepting lie"

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly what it means . I wont go one inch in their direction but rather shall expose the entire lott of them .
It means what it means? That is no answer. (That is an answer).

What does "I wont [sic] go one inch in their direction but rather shall expose the entire lott [sic] of them" mean?

Reactions: bbyrd009

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen
Man doesn't have the capacity to do things that will make them born again. That is God's power. Only God the Father can draw a person towards him.