How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Jesus Cults" isn't that an oxymoron?
i would say that there is a difference in relationship to Christ between a healthy understanding of being “in Christ” and someone in a Jesus cult, so idt so. Jesus had to be hung up like a snake on a pole, but Nehushtan was later destroyed, iow. Plenty of “believers” figuratively burning incense to Jesus imo, yes, i mean its even completely understandable. We are naturally lazy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man must choose to believe God's Word or reject it.

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
You really need to read all of what i am writing my friend . I have long said that true lambs are hearers and Doers of the word .
Its real simple . If one is a lamb they love all things JESUS taught . They will not pick and choose what things
to do and omit other stuff . For the Love of GOD has been shed upon their hearts .
Lets take abraham as an example of having TRUE FAITH , TRUE BELIEF .
WHEN GOD SAID DO , ABRAHAM DID . Its real simple . TRULY IS .
Obediance and love are not contrary the one to the other . WHAT WE LOVE IS WHAT WE DO
WHO we obey IS WHO WE LOVE . Who we serve is whose we are .
The SPIRIT works within the true believers for GOD has given the SPIRIT unto those who BELIEVE IN CHRIST .
The SPIRIT will never feed the flesh , the lusts of the flesh . It is CONTRARY to the flesh .
SO if folks are getting goose bumps over trash doctrine and heads are swelling over lil god teachings
I ASSURE US they are following THE FLESH and NOT GOD , NOT THE SPIRIT .
We better examine what JESUS we love and follow . WE better learn our bibles well and get built up in the true faith
once delivered unto the saints .
In post number 43 all you posted (in blue below) of that context in Acts 16 was this:

Sirs what must i do to be saved ...............
BELIEVE YE ON CHRIST JESUS .

I made my post to remind readers that belief alone does not save as some people claim. And I see your post number 43 got some 'likes' by some of the faith onlyists posters here. So I wanted to bring to the attention of readers of this thread the fact that the jailer's belief from the larger text which you did not cite included repentance and baptism. Since you failed to post all of the context, what little you did post could lead one to think belief only does save, as post #44 wanted to "leave it at that" (belief only), when the whole context about the jailer does not teach belief only. My post was made to introduce ALL the context about the jailer which is something you did not do in post 43. We cannot "leave it at that" with just a very small, partial context but we have to have the full context.

What was your purpose in just posting a very small part of the context about the jailer and not ALL of the context?

In post 45 you posted:

Notice phillip didnt say , WELL ya gotta learn our creeds , HE said IF YE BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST with your whole heart .
THE ONLY THING that saves . Many folks get water baptized and yet have no faith . OOOPSY the water aint gonna save ya .
ONLY FAITH IN JESUS DOES that

It appears to me you are claiming 'only faith' saves. Faith only did not save the eunuch nor the jailer. Both were baptized. It was not the water that saved them but God saved them for they obeyed God in submitting to water baptism as God has commanded men to be water baptized.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In post number 43 all you posted (in blue below) of that context in Acts 16 was this:

Sirs what must i do to be saved ...............
BELIEVE YE ON CHRIST JESUS .

I made my post to remind readers that belief alone does not save as some people claim. And I see your post number 43 got some 'likes' by some of the faith onlyists posters here. So I wanted to bring to the attention of readers of this thread the fact that the jailer's belief from the larger text which you did not cite included repentance and baptism. Since you failed to post all of the context, what little you did post could lead one to think belief only does save, as post #44 wanted to "leave it at that" (belief only), when the whole context about the jailer does not teach belief only. My post was made to introduce ALL the context about the jailer which is something you did not do in post 43. We cannot "leave it at that" with just a very small, partial context but we have to have the full context.

What was your purpose in just posting a very small part of the context about the jailer and not ALL of the context?

In post 45 you posted:

Notice phillip didnt say , WELL ya gotta learn our creeds , HE said IF YE BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST with your whole heart .
THE ONLY THING that saves . Many folks get water baptized and yet have no faith . OOOPSY the water aint gonna save ya .
ONLY FAITH IN JESUS DOES that

It appears to me you are claiming 'only faith' saves. Faith only did not save the eunuch nor the jailer. Both were baptized. It was not the water that saved them but God saved them for they obeyed God in submitting to water baptism as God has commanded men to be water baptized.
My point was and is , that none of that matters IF ONE has NOT FAITH IN CHRIST .
IF one does have true faith , THEN OH YES they gonna be hearers and doers . That is my point .
True BELIEF from the heart , verses this lip service belief . I once had the lip service faith , which though i could
claim i believed , MY SINS , MY HEART , MY FRUITS proved me a liar .
TRUE FAITH never travels alone . That is my point . BUT the POINT IS , BELIEVING IN JESUS IS What saves .
THE KEY , BELIEF and odediance are not seperate . Abraham BELIEVED GOD . WHEN GOD said ABRAHAM BELIEVED
and DID . see the devils believe , they know JESUS is the messiah , YET THEY AINT SAVE AT ALL .
James has a bit to say about that dont he . SEE TRUE FAITH , TRUE BELIEF , TRUE LOVE
is tied into OBEIDANCE . IF YE LOVE ME YE WOULD DO WHAT
IF one has faith yet not works , DEAD faith .
WHEN GOD told abraham , noah and others about coming events , THEY BELIEVED AND OBEYED
Noah believed GOD and thus OBEY GOD and BUILT THE ARK .
Abraham believed GOD and thus obeyed and left his country .
SEE the pattern . IF WE TRULY LOVE GOD , IF WE FROM the heart BELIEVE , WE WOULD OBEY .
That and the fact that GOD has given the SPIRIT unto the lambs . WORKING in us that which is PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT .
LAST time i checked decking churches up in rainbow flags and honoring sin , AINT PLEASING TO GOD .
SO , we can easily see IT AINT THE SPIRIT at work in those places .
ALSO , When these false ones try and preach n teach that other religoins are fine and saved
just come together for world peace , YA GOTTA KNOW that iS NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT at work .
OH its another spirit , but tis of darkness . YET many think its light , tis love , tis good . BUT ITS DARKNESS
and if the light that is one is darkness then GREAT IS THAT DARKNESS .
No marvel even satan can appear as an angel of LIGHT , THUS so too can HIS MINISTIRS . AND he has many
within christendom doing his work of darkness and callling it light and love .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Goyeintoalltheworld

Feb 2, 2023
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I choose to believe God's Word and ignore the ideas and opinions of little men!!!! and you???

God's Word says=====That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
name of the Lord shall be Saved...
No man can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Corinthians 12:3) Only God can save you. We must wait upon the Lord to be saved.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ye into all the world preaching the glorious gospel of Christ
baptizing in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Ghost , Teaching them to Observe all things
that i have taught . Let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Matt 28
Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

How are disciples made? By baptizing them.....meaning there is no such thing as an unbaptized disciple/unbaptized Christian.

"Present participles (teaching & baptizing) indicate action that occurs at the same time as the action of the main verb (make disciples)."

The main verb is "make disciples". Jesus then tells us HOW disciples are made by using two present participles "teaching" and "baptizing".

Southern Baptist scholar of New Testament Greek A.T. Robertson says these two participles in this passage are “modal participles," (14) i.e., they identify the manner, means, or method by which the action of the main verb is accomplished.

Hence the way disciples are made is by teaching and baptizing. The two present participles 'teaching' and 'baptizing' are occuring at the same time as the main verb 'make disciples'

"Observe that the English reader might be tempted to interpret Jesus’ command to mean that the apostles were first to make disciples, i.e., convert people to Christianity, and then baptize them, and then after baptizing them to teach them additional Christian doctrine. However, the Greek grammar of the passage, i.e., Matthew’s inspired Greek translation of Jesus’ (perhaps Aramaic) remarks, weighs heavily against this interpretation and clarifies succinctly Jesus’ intended meaning.(18)"

(14) A.T. Robertson (1934), A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research (Nashville, TN: Broadman), p. 1128.

(18) “Two or more participles…unconnected by kaiv, are frequently…joined to one principal verb”—George Winer (1870),A Treatise on the Grammar of the New Testament Greek, trans. W.F. Moulton (Edinburgh: T.&T. Clark), p. 433. Lange notes that “there is no kaiv before didavskonte$, so that baptizing and teaching are not strictly coordinate, as two successive acts”—John Lange (1884), A Commentary on the Holy Scriptures: Matthew (New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons), 1:558. Again, in other words, both occur coincident with “make disciples.”

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many need to re-read this post.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't read any comments here...just went right to ''How to be saved..."
Seems all ya gotta do is be a criminal and ask Jesus - ''Lord, remember me..."
Maybe it helps to be on his right side? I dunno. Kidding.
God loves love and faith in Him so much it doesn't seem to matter when it's given...
He's there with open arms just like you-know-who who came home finally.

Reactions: GISMYS_7

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All are sinners in need of the Savior who says He is unwilling that any perish But you must choose will you believe in Him and accept His love and forgiveness or will you choose to reject Him.?

Reactions: mailmandan

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
Except that's not all. There are other scriptures that also require more than belief and confession. Belief and confession of belief was exactly what the Ethiopian eunuch did in Acts 8. But it was also necessary for him to do more. What else were the Jews told to do on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2? In both cases belief and confession of belief was not enough. You must add repentance and baptism.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who wants to try and say God forgot to tell us "ALL" that is needed to be saved???

name of the Lord shall be Saved...................

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
belief was not enough. You must add repentance and baptism.
For with the heart man
is made unto Salvation.
Of course, both sides are Biblically correct, but one is UNdispensational?:

"faith PLUS works," or "Grace Through faith Without works," For God's Eternal Salvation?

Since Both Are Scriptural, this is where God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided Solves all
the Confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33), for me, anyway. Please Be Encouraged And Edified:

God's Previous Context of:

"Prophecy/Law" {earthly} Christ And The TWELVE, gospel of the kingdom,
ISRAEL [TWELVE tribes] prominent! {past/future} "faith PLUS [water] works"

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

God's Current Context of His "Revelation" To ONE apostle, Paul:

"Mystery/GRACE!" {Heavenly!} Risen And Glorified Christ, Gospel Of GRACE,
Jew And Gentile "Equal!" In The ONE Body Of CHRIST, By ONE Baptism, The
ONE Holy Spirit's OPERATION!!
↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓
{Current, Today!} "GRACE Through faith" Apart From ALL [our] works,
For God's Eternal Salvation/Assurance

"Things That Differ" are simply not the same (1 Corinthians 14:33), so:
Mixing [Present] GRACE and [past/future] works Never works! (Romans 11:6)

More on God's Three Tenses of Salvation is here:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not add little men's ideas and opinions to God'Word.

name of the Lord shall be Saved...........

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many need to re-read this post.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Corinthians 12:3) Only God can save you. We must wait upon the Lord to be saved.
1 Corinthians 12:3 - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except BY the Holy Spirit.

There is divine influence or direct operation of the Holy Spirit in the heart of a person when confessing that Jesus is Lord.