How to be saved...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit sanctifieds us - He makes us holy. We can't make ourselves holy. The light shines on our darkness and reveals it to us. We learn over time to hate sin. It's a process. We are being tested and refined as we mature. So your willingness to pray everyday and asking for guidance is working -God is working in you to transform you. Eventually we hate sin in our own lives and quickly dismiss it without giving it a second thought.
The other thing is selfishness. The more one is self focused, the more sinful you are. Someone said sin means this: remove the "s" and the "n" and you get "i".
On a side note, a remedy for depression is to go out and help someone. When you are done, go find someone else. After a while you forget what you were depressed about. "Love one another."
Then of course to focus on Jesus and things above is always key.

Yes you're describing exactly what I've experienced also. It sounds like you have a good understanding of how the Lord works in our lives. I recovered from depression too thru service to God and his children!

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno