How to be shut out of the kingdom of heaven/God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a thought to consider: A child will trust whatever their parents told them to do. They wouldn't doubt; only trust. This is the same faith that we need to have with our Heavenly Father (i.e., we will trust His commands no matter how difficult it seems). This is what childlike faith is all about.

In peace
Could you please share a list of his commands?

D

Dave L

And could this be because they either have no Life in them or because they suppressed the Holy Spirit which would have brought Life?
Should we expect the dead to perform the works of God?
Have you ever attended any main line churches? I've met many spiritually mature believers therein.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. There is no conflict between the oneness of God and the triune Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Christians should all agree that the Mystery of God is beyond our understanding, and to be accepted by faith.
:) And here I have a smile because I am not trinitarian nor am I oneness according to any organized group. But... because I do not embrace without question, I sometimes find myself under attack on this point or on some other one. Without a revelation how can we know all that God is or is not? While we are living by faith should we simply without question say we believe that which we really doubt?

How about simply living for God as we can, following Him as we can without getting into personalities because we cannot jump on another person's or group's bandwagon?

Reactions: Acolyte

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever attended any main line churches? I've met many spiritually mature believers therein.
Yes, of course! My father's family belonged to the Pentecostal Holiness Church always. My mother left him before I was old enough to remember and I became Catholic. Yet in the midst of that Catholicism in California I visited my father regularly during the summers and attended church services with him. It gave me a nice messed up mixture. I met many spiritually mature [as I understand it] believers there and in other church groups across the board.

I have never known a better follower of Jesus than my paternal grandmother.

D

Dave L

Yes, of course! My father's family belonged to the Pentecostal Holiness Church always. My mother left him before I was old enough to remember and I became Catholic. Yet in the midst of that Catholicism in California I visited my father regularly during the summers and attended church services with him. It gave me a nice messed up mixture. I met many spiritually mature [as I understand it] believers there and in other church groups across the board.

I have never known a better follower of Jesus than my paternal grandmother.
Neither of these churches are mainline protestant/Evangelical churches.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave I know you once said that you used to Participate in these types of rituals. Do you still have love ones that are still involved with this?

D

Dave L

Dave I know you once said that you used to Participate in these types of rituals. Do you still have love ones that are still involved with this?
Mainline churches (evangelical/protestant) do not have rituals. You will find solid well grounded faith in those circles, More so than in Charismatic circles, plus no where near the scandal.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither of these churches are mainline protestant/Evangelical churches.
Well then my definitions are different than yours. Sorry! I have visited some of the ones you would probably consider main line, but never as a member. Several years ago I was continuously visiting other assemblies besides my own but the ones you consider main line were the ones that for me were usually very dead. I don't say this to be offensive, but it is the impression they left on me. I never revisited the very dead ones. The ones with any Life at all I sometimes visited again.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mainline churches (evangelical/protestant) do not have rituals. You will find solid well grounded faith in those circles, More so than in Charismatic circles, plus no where near the scandal.
I must’ve stated the question improperly

D

Dave L

Well then my definitions are different than yours. Sorry! I have visited some of the ones you would probably consider main line, but never as a member. Several years ago I was continuously visiting other assemblies besides my own but the ones you consider main line were the ones that for me were usually very dead. I don't say this to be offensive, but it is the impression they left on me. I never revisited the very dead ones. The ones with any Life at all I sometimes visited again.
I'm speaking more of mainline protestant/evangelical/non charismatic churches.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must’ve stated the question improperly
What I’m asking is, I thought I’d seen you post before that you had once claimed to speak in tongues. But now realize that was a manifestation of the flesh. My question is do you still have loved ones who currently participate in these rituals?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I know. You dislike or even reject the charismatic or Pentecostal types. You either had some bad experiences with them or simply never really got in touch with God while with them. While I have seen problems in every church group as a member or as a visitor I always try to look at individuals rather than the group. One person at the time I how I do try to know people, but then there have been and are many I have been unable to break through walls so many built around them to avoid the things of God. Why have they done this? You also have built your walls as if somehow the touch of someone outside your boundary might infect you. But Jesus spoke to and touched them all without hesitation. They were not rejected or rebuked of him, but vice versa...

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV)
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name,
and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ ”

The Living Bible ---- “You have never been mine”
NLT, Holman -------- “you lawbreakers”
NIV, NRSV, Phillips -- “you have worked on the side of evil”
The Amplified Bible - “you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]”

It looks like lawlessness is breaking God’s laws …
and those who practice lawlessness are doing it all the time!
It sounds like this the same as practicing sinning.

BACs who may enter the kingdom of heaven
● have done the will of Father God
● have NOT practiced lawlessness (evil)

BACs who may NOT enter the kingdom of heaven
● have NOT done the will of Father God
● have practiced lawlessness (evil)

Being a habitual sinner shuts you out of the kingdom

“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication,
uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies,
outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders,
drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand,
just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things
will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21)

“For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man,
who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things
the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:5-6)

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,
nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Cor 6:9-10)

Walking the narrow way to salvation is believing and obeying

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that
leads to destruction (eternal death), and there are many who go in by it.
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to
(eternal) life, and there are few who find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)

Yes, it is not easy to overcome the flesh’s desire to sin!
Be he who does the will of my father that is in heaven. That’s the only step I can do.
Mark 9:23 KJV
[23] Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

http://tbibl.es/
John 6:40 KJV
[40] And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Another important thing to note in what the people are say professing him as Lord is we did this we did that. It’s amazing the group on the right said when did we do the things? Their not even aware and the reason their unaware is because God performs these works. Just as with Ishmael and Isaac. The one conceived of the flesh doesn’t inherit the promises. We need to loose our anxiety, wich I’m sure is the very thing that causes Sarah to launch her plan.
Tecarta BibleIt’s as simple as that

Last edited:

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another important thing to note in what the people are say professing him as Lord is we did this we did that. It’s amazing the group on the right said when did we do the things? Their not even aware and the reason their unaware is because God performs these works. Just as with Ishmael and Isaac. The one conceived of the flesh doesn’t inherit the promises. We need to loose our anxiety, wich I’m sure is the very thing that causes Sarah to launch her plan.
Tecarta BibleIt’s as simple as that

Those people are unaware because they did these good works to the poor. I would be confused too if Jesus told me that I helped HIM. I did, but it was through helping the poor. These are acts that we choose to do, while being led by the Holy spirit. However, some quench the spirit and not allow themselves to perform such good works (for reasons such as greed, laziness, selfishness). These are the goats on the left.

In peace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those people are unaware because they did these good works to the poor. I would be confused too if Jesus told me that I helped HIM. I did, but it was through helping the poor. These are acts that we choose to do,
This implies there’s three groups. Please consider you are the poor,naked,In prison. I was and am part of this group(the brethren) who are my brethren? Anyone who does the will of my father(believes on the one he sent)these aren’t literal things they lack, there spiritual they are naked(lacking the covering of The righteousness of Christ)They are hungry(Never ate of his body)in prison(Under the bondage of this world and their flesh). There needs cannot be met with monetary goods.The group on the left says I did I did I did he says I never knew you.

D

Dave L

Yes, I know. You dislike or even reject the charismatic or Pentecostal types. You either had some bad experiences with them or simply never really got in touch with God while with them. While I have seen problems in every church group as a member or as a visitor I always try to look at individuals rather than the group. One person at the time I how I do try to know people, but then there have been and are many I have been unable to break through walls so many built around them to avoid the things of God. Why have they done this? You also have built your walls as if somehow the touch of someone outside your boundary might infect you. But Jesus spoke to and touched them all without hesitation. They were not rejected or rebuked of him, but vice versa...

My experience says you are ill informed. I've been in practically every church denomination except Catholic. And I can objectively examine the fruits of all I've seen. The Institutional Churches might have walls of doctrinal safeguards surrounding them. But in these you at least know what you are dealing with. The Evangelicals and Protestants are more spiritual and less emotional than the Pentecostals. And there is far less scandal in the mainline churches than in the Charismatic circles. But you need to spend some time traveling about before you can make this assessment.

D

Dave L

What I’m asking is, I thought I’d seen you post before that you had once claimed to speak in tongues. But now realize that was a manifestation of the flesh. My question is do you still have loved ones who currently participate in these rituals?
I don't have any living relatives except one involved in a Methodist church. The ones no longer with us were Moody Bible Institute students with strong Arminian and Dispensationalist convictions.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Just a thought to consider: A child will trust whatever their parents told them to do. They wouldn't doubt; only trust. This is the same faith that we need to have with our Heavenly Father (i.e., we will trust His commands no matter how difficult it seems). This is what childlike faith is all about.

In peace
Those are beliefs imo, and do not describe faith at all. It was mom and dad that told us to believe in Santa Claus too, right

God (Scripture) tells us to test our beliefs before we admit them into our faith, and to believe nothing blindly imo, test Me and see, or test Me in this, something like that, Malachi maybe, and I'll recall an NT analogue here shortly. Faith should never, ha cannot ever be "blind" imo

Last edited: