How to be shut out of the kingdom of heaven/God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation does not come through abstaining from sin but through receiving the forgiveness of the Cross; which normally has as its outworking a greater abstaining from sin.

1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 4:5, But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The term justify, in my Bible Dictionary, means to declare righteous.

And, wonder of wonders! God does this for the person who is ungodly.

As modern day Jews might say, Go figure!

You glory in walking after the flesh to your shame.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Salvation does not come through abstaining from sin but through receiving the forgiveness of the Cross; which normally has as its outworking a greater abstaining from sin.
Salvation comes through a co-operative effort on the part of God and man.
Man's part includes forsaking habitual (unrepentant) sin, and ...
enduring belief/faith + enduring trust + enduring obedience!
Anyone ever hear of walking through that narrow door and down that narrow path?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation comes through a co-operative effort on the part of God and man.
Man's part includes forsaking habitual (unrepentant) sin, and ...
enduring belief/faith + enduring trust + enduring obedience!
Anyone ever hear of walking through that narrow door and down that narrow path?
Most assuredly, living and saving faith has within it the element of surrender...

However, I believe that this surrender comes as the result of faith and not in order to obtain it.

Scriptures:

Rom 5:5, And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Luk 7:36, And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat.
Luk 7:37, And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
Luk 7:38, And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
Luk 7:39, Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
Luk 7:40, And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Luk 7:41, There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42, And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Luk 7:43, Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
Luk 7:44, And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
Luk 7:45, Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
Luk 7:46, My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
Luk 7:47, Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

Luk 7:48, And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
Luk 7:49, And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
Luk 7:50, And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

1Jo 4:19, We love him, because he first loved us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You glory in walking after the flesh to your shame.
Actually, I am walking in the flesh much less now than I did when I used to contend for the doctrine of entire sanctification (which I still do from time to time).

The devil no longer has a foothold of condemnation to keep me down, now that I understand forgiveness and Romans 4:5's implications.

It teaches us that we have an identity in Christ, that we are righteous; and that this is our identity even when we blow it.

Understanding that my identity is that I am righteous in Christ has helped me to walk in that identity in the practical sense.

Knowing that my identity cannot be altered by a slip-up on my part has helped me to get up faster at times in which the enemy has taken me down. More and more, he doesn't even try any more, because he knows how quickly I can recover.

A few scriptures to ponder:

Pro 24:16, For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Rom 4:5, But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Your identity is that you are righteous in Christ. Now live like your identity.

1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Therefore we do what is righteous because Jesus has made us righteous; and we are not righteous because we do righteous things.

Again, we do righteous things because we
are righteous through faith in Jesus:

Rom 5:15, But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:16, And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Rom 5:17, For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18, Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19, For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get why you say that but wadr imo "glory" is maybe a bit strong there, even if deterministic statements are being made? I mean after all, you are making them too?

We are living in the final moments of the final days, and false teachings are abounding in this age of antichrist. Therefore, when people start denying holiness as a requirement of the Lord for salvation, then it's time to call them out. The Lord will either purge the branches or cut them down as being worthless. Luke warm Christians will be spewed out of the Lord's mouth. Whoever has an ear let him hear.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are living in the final moments of the final days, and false teachings are abounding in this age of antichrist. Therefore, when people start denying holiness as a requirement of the Lord for salvation, then it's time to call them out. The Lord will either purge the branches or cut them down as being worthless. Luke warm Christians will be spewed out of the Lord's mouth. Whoever has an ear let him hear.
Of course, when you say such things in such close proximity to true teaching, you run the risk of putting that true teaching into disrepute so that those who hear it will not be benefited by it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Lord will either purge the branches or cut them down as being worthless.
So if they're worthless then why not ignore them and move on imo, let God handle that part? It's just easy imo to find yourself in the position of Spiritual Soldier, and next thing you know you are Fighting Evil, or trying anyway, boxing at the air

Reactions: Waiting on him

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
said every generation ever I guess :)
but don't get me wrong, yes, we are living in our final moments of our final days I guess, sure
What a shameful thing to say. The pharisees were rebuked for not recognizing Jesus' first appearance, so how much more shall he rebuke those for not recognizing the signs of His second appearance?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if they're worthless then why not ignore them and move on imo, let God handle that part? It's just easy imo to find yourself in the position of Spiritual Soldier, and next thing you know you are Fighting Evil, or trying anyway, boxing at the air

There are many who read these posts who may benefit from the truth. Whether or not the original poster has ears to hear is irrelevant.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What a shameful thing to say. The pharisees were rebuked for not recognizing Jesus' first appearance, so how much more shall he rebuke those for not recognizing the signs of His second appearance?
bro I'm doing my best and let me assure you that the Son of Man Jesus is not ever literally returning in the manner you imply, Christ is revealed, and even comes again, I will never leave you nor forsake you, but there is no "Jesus shuvu," not anywhere, Return to Me and I will return to you is what you find when you try to Quote that

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There are many who read these posts who may benefit from the truth. Whether or not the original poster has ears to hear is irrelevant.
that is a good point, but who presumes to have truth? Plus we do have stories about telling people truth who are not ready to hear it, lest they turn and trample you, etc.

but don't get me wrong either I'm doing the exact same things ok lol, in a forum anyway. But to your point I guess if you already know the inferred party cannot even really hear you then it's easier not to get frustrated

Last edited: