How to be shut out of the kingdom of heaven/God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I don't have a sect and I don't presume anything with regard to the salvation of others or the Holy Spirit in them. I simply seek first the kingdom God and His righteousness first and then pray for others. The rest is between them and God.
This is good.

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. There is no conflict between the oneness of God and the triune Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Christians should all agree that the Mystery of God is beyond our understanding, and to be accepted by faith.

I would say however, that if a Christian has been given a revelation of a more concrete understanding of what the Trinity is all about, so that he is no longer in the dark about the nuances of who God is within the doctrine, that it no longer needs to be merely "accepted by faith" but that it can indeed be understood with the mind.

I feel that I understand it; and that once you come to know what it really is, it is very simple and not a very complex thing to understand.

People who do not take into account the fact that with the Lord nothing is impossible may have problems with the reality of the issue; but the truth of the matter is both to be accepted on faith and is something that can be understood with the human mind.

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This implies there’s three groups. Please consider you are the poor,naked,In prison. I was and am part of this group(the brethren) who are my brethren? Anyone who does the will of my father(believes on the one he sent)these aren’t literal things they lack, there spiritual they are naked(lacking the covering of The righteousness of Christ)They are hungry(Never ate of his body)in prison(Under the bondage of this world and their flesh). There needs cannot be met with monetary goods.The group on the left says I did I did I did he says I never knew you.
Sure. I can accept that part of helping the poor are to help those spiritually by spreading the gospel. This doesn't mean we shouldn't help those we can monetary either. We should seek to do both, not one to the exclusion of the other.

In peace

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are beliefs imo, and do not describe faith at all. It was mom and dad that told us to believe in Santa Claus too, right

God (Scripture) tells us to test our beliefs before we admit them into our faith, and to believe nothing blindly imo, test Me and see, or test Me in this, something like that, Malachi maybe, and I'll recall an NT analogue here shortly. Faith should never, ha cannot ever be "blind" imo
Don't confine God as scripture. God is bigger than scripture.
Besides the point, God does want us to trust Him even if we don't understand it.
For example, I can obey Jesus' command to Forsake all that I own in order to be a disciple of His (Luke 14:33), and start to worry about doing this. Even though I don't understand why God is telling me to do something, my love and trust in Him will cause me to let go of fear and start living by faith.

The reason why God tells us to do something usually comes after we step out in faith.

In peace

Reactions: bbyrd009

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The soul that sins will die because the wages of sin is death.

All people die a physical whether they are saints or sinners.

However, the saints of God will not die the Second death at the time of their judgement, whereas all of the sinners will after the time of their judgement be dispatched into the second death, that is the Lake of fire.

After the time of Judgement, hades and the second death is no longer needed because sin is no longer an issue with the earthly Saints of God as they are now able to live in righteousness, eating from the tree of life, so hades and the second death can also be dispatched into the lake of fire because they will have no further purpose as there is no longer any sin.

Shalom

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All people die a physical whether they are saints or sinners.

However, the saints of God will not die the Second death at the time of their judgement, whereas all of the sinners will after the time of their judgement be dispatched into the second death, that is the Lake of fire.

After the time of Judgement, hades and the second death is no longer needed because sin is no longer an issue with the earthly Saints of God as they are now able to live in righteousness, eating from the tree of life, so hades and the second death can also be dispatched into the lake of fire because they will have no further purpose as there is no longer any sin.

Shalom

The soul that knowingly or indifferently sins will die a spiritual death in hell fire. Jesus said, if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, for it is better to enter into life with just one eye than to be cast into hell fire with both eyes in tactic. Jesus is emphasizing the necessity of ridding your life of sin. Just one willful sin contaminates the soul and will shut a person out of Heaven. Your garment cannot be defiled.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul that knowingly or indifferently sins will die a spiritual death in hell fire. Jesus said, if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, for it is better to enter into life with just one eye than to be cast into hell fire with both eyes in tactic. Jesus is emphasizing the necessity of ridding your life of sin. Just one willful sin contaminates the soul and will shut a person out of Heaven. Your garment cannot be defiled.
That shuts me out...

Thankfully I know that my God is a God of grace and mercy and that the law, which was 430 years after the promise, cannot make the promise of none effect (Galatians 3:17).

Last edited:

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is emphasizing the necessity of ridding your life of sin.
Just one willful sin contaminates the soul and will shut a person out of Heaven.
Your garment cannot be defiled.
IMO, this is a tad cut and dry with no room for error, etc.
IMO, it is more about having an acceptable heart attitude before the Lord.
IMO, it is more about striving to obey Jesus and not about absolute perfection.
Yes, Jesus calls us to be perfect, but does He mean we have to be perfect.
Perhaps, perfection is about heart attitude and striving for perfection.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Why try and make the second death something that it is not. All people who sin become candidates for the second death at the time of the GWTRJ where they are dispatched into the lake of fire. However, God in His mercy, will, if a person repents of their sins, have mercy on that person and redeem them unto life.

The spiritual death concept is a human construct to get around the fact that Adam did not physically die when he transgressed by eating of the fruit of the tree of Knowledge. We are told in the scriptures that through Adam the possibilities of the second death was placed upon all of humanity and that unless we individually do not repent of our transgressions and of our fallen nature, then we will not be redeemed unto everlasting life.

How and what happens with respect to the second death, is not made clear within the scriptures except that there will be much grinding of teeth when/after the unrighteous enter the lake of fire.

The references to the second death can be found from Gen 2:17 up and until the time of the GWTRJ where hades and the Second death is dispatched into the Lake of Fire. However, it needs discernment to see it in the scriptures where it is to be found.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying that a Saint who commits willful sin cannot be forgiven through remorseful repentance, e.g., King David. What I am saying is that a Saint who knowingly beforehand commits a sin has fallen from grace (backslidden) at that moment in time; will the former Saint (now a sinner) recognize the seriousness of that willful sin or simply have a "nobody is perfect" attitude? Just one willful sin contaminates the soul. Willful sin is a sin that you are aware of before it is committed. The churches are not teaching the seriousness of sin anymore, so therefore the congregants are not equipped to be Saints to do battle at the time of temptation. Repent. God will not receive willful sinners. Get you a new heart and a new spirit so that you will love what God loves (righteousness and holiness) and you will hate what God hates (sin).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See my signature.

I came to the knowledge of the uttermost forgiveness when I came across Psalms 51:3 and Luke 18:9-14 in the same Bible reading session; somehow both of these passages were present in my reading time that day during my systematic time of reading the scriptures.

I realized that my sin is ever before me and that confessing this is what it means to say God be merciful to me a sinner.

In confessing all of my future sin(s); it turns out I am forgiven of all of my future sin(s)...1 John 1:9.

And I have also noticed a remarkable change in my practical life...I am living more holy than I did before, now that I have confessed that I am a sinner before the Lord.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In God's eyes, one is either righteous or unrighteous. Holy or unholy. Walking after the Spirit or walking after the flesh. A Saint or a sinner. There's no middle ground.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In God's eyes, one is either righteous or unrighteous. Holy or unholy. Walking after the Spirit or walking after the flesh. A Saint or a sinner. There's no middle ground.

Rom 4:5, But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The term justify, in my Bible Dictionary, means to declare righteous.

And, wonder of wonders! God does this for the person who is ungodly.

As modern day Jews might say, Go figure!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ti 1:15, This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have been watching (on YouTube) testimonies
of people who have gone to hell and returned.
And it appears that you are correct!

We need to figure out just what all the sins are
that we need to NOT do, or repent of, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 07-07-07

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 4:6, Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Rom 4:8, Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.