How to bless and be blessed on forums?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question. One I find harder and harder to do.

Sadly it appears many come in and do not want to discuss the word or christian topics. They want to impose on the chatroom their belief system, And turn to mocking, Personal attacks and or just plain ignoring anything you say and just pushing their truth.

Sadly. For awhile now. I treated these people the same. Went after them, Did All I could do to expose them. In hopes that they would see the hypocrites they are and see how they are treating people. But that not only is not going well. It has started affecting me and how I treat people. So that is not the answer.

We would think a christian room would be full of loving humble people. Sadly. In my almost ten years in christian chat. I have met some of the most prideful people I have ever met.. Sadly. I see this in churches also. Its like denominations have to fight each other. So you can be the best. Or whatever reason they do this.

If someone figures out how to bless others and have meaningful conversations like we used to. I am all ears!!

Again (as I've said in other threads), I think this involves just growing used to one another. I've locked horns with numerous people, going back to my first forum over 4 years ago, and that includes several here. But with many if not most of them we have come to an understanding with one another. I better understand their viewpoint and their mentality and personality, and out of friendship I now work around those things to "as much as possible be at peace with all men." I avoid landmines, and I know they do with me, and we just learn to respect one another a little more, which seems to make things run a lot more smoothly.

As for new heretics and doctrinally or emotionally hostile types coming in through the revolving door, that's a conflict waiting to happen. But I have great relationships now with numerous people I've had it out with in the past. And when I have to deal with someone now, the conflicts don't seem to effect me as much. Just kinda like sorting through some business is all. I've always said you have to put your armor on when you log onto a Christian forum these days, so to me it's just a matter of how used to dealing with the battles you are. The more experienced you are at it, the more it just becomes kinda like going through the motions after awhile.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again (as I've said in other threads), I think this involves just growing used to one another. I've locked horns with numerous people, going back to my first forum over 4 years ago, and that includes several here. But with many if not most of them we have come to an understanding with one another. I better understand their viewpoint and their mentality and personality, and out of friendship I now work around those things to "as much as possible be at peace with all men." I avoid landmines, and I know they do with me, and we just learn to respect one another a little more, which seems to make things run a lot more smoothly.

As for new heretics and doctrinally or emotionally hostile types coming in through the revolving door, that's a conflict waiting to happen. But I have great relationships now with numerous people I've had it out with in the past. And when I have to deal with someone now, the conflicts don't seem to effect me as much. Just kinda like sorting through some business is all. I've always said you have to put your armor on when you log onto a Christian forum these days, so to me it's just a matter of how used to dealing with the battles you are. The more experienced you are at it, the more it just becomes kinda like going through the motions after awhile.
I just love so many of your posts. When I start reading one I immediately get this feeling I'm going to be edified! You were one of the members that influenced me to stick it out when I was new here and struggling to fit in. Bless you, HIH!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just love so many of your posts. When I start reading one I immediately get this feeling I'm going to be edified! You were one of the members that influenced me to stick it out when I was new here and struggling to fit in. Bless you, HIH!
I'm glad you stuck it out!

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I skim. It's about picking your battles for me.

In truth, I have progressed to where I inhabit several forums at once now. That way I have a better selection of threads and discussions to find something interesting, so as not to jump into ones I didn't really find that compelling to start with and end up getting in an argument with someone needlessly. Plus, many (including several here) are members elsewhere as well, and some of the better ones tend to migrate around a little. Yet there will be stationary members at particular forums that are especially good, so it pays to spread yourself around a little. Keeps one's mind clear, and one's ministry more focused.

That said, there is a danger in becoming too active in too many things at once and getting swamped. But at least you're not bored, LoL.

Yes, especially when you have to correct. Makes you feel like a monster, when it shouldn't be that way. The general principle is always this: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Sometimes that even requires getting flat out confrontational with people, but if you follow the principle, you end up with nothing to feel guilty about, regardless of the outcome.
So many people are so ultra-sensitive when opposed in any way. The Internet era has really done a number on people's emotional stability.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, all you have to do to start a row is to reveal one or two of your held values.

Reactions: amadeus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow! That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in quite awhile. :)

Yeah, I try to teach as much as possible, through scripture. I know those I'm discussing things with might not agree with me, but I figure if I can put verses and passage together, and/ or explain a verse in its fuller context, at least I am giving them a wider scope to view verses from, and maybe come away with a better understanding of the verses and passages they are quoting.
So many people are so ultra-sensitive when opposed in any way. The Internet era has really done a number on people's emotional stability.

I have a dilemma here. Sometimes I correct people on their behavior, and strongly. I think it is truly needed on forums these days, and shouldn't just come from the moderation board warning or banning people - that sometimes just makes them resentful and even more ugly the next time. But demonstrating a proclivity to put people in their place has a down side: When I disagree with someone they can take it as an attack, when I'm totally at peace and just disagreeing with their contentions...

I think part of the problem is you can't always "read" what mood someone is posting in. In real life, you can tell by their expression whether they are inquisitive, contemplative, offended, upset, talking in jest, etc. Not so online. You can be poking fun in good humor, hoping to make someone laugh, and they take it like you're insulting them.

Like I was saying, it's just a matter of getting to know people more so that you don't end up misreading them.

Thanks again for the nice post. I think all of us may bless people in ways we don't realize, so it's nice to say it out loud to one another on occasion. I always liked your avatars from the start. Plenty of material there, Lol. (The one with the harmonica and the goat is still your best). :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Careful how loud you say that. ;)
How loud is too loud?
OIP.9ukQgC3ENoOMjhydbkAuyAHaHP

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I remember reading today, @Hidden In Him

“but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:15-16‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
Ephesians 4:16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of its | New American Standard Bible - NASB 1995 (NASB1995) | Download The Bible App Now

glad to share it; it did come in use today :)
@MatthewG Great verse there; love and truth in harmony.... :)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes, I pray to keep from responding based on emotion and not the Holy Spirit. The flesh wants to get even. But the Spirit would have us honoring and preferring each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks