How to bless and be blessed on forums?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
As for me I care only to read select topics. And I reply to encurage or correct. Then I post scripture or a paraphrase of scripture based on my impression of their level of respect for the truth.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you, my main focus is to encourage or try to point in the right direction. That is all that one can overall do. Here in about a week I’ll be returning back to work hopefully if passing the classes that have to be taken. I’ll be trying to keep studying scriptures and posting content on my YouTube but overall, really ready to get back out there in real life and try to handle that than the forum itself.

All depends on the content of the subject matter too, I really like learning and growing from what the scriptures have to say and not as much as the opinion.

And scripture for the most part all needs to stay in context but if you go in verse by verse of the context and state a case that backs up a scripture that is useful to back up the claim of whatever the scripture is.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for me I care only to read select topics. And I reply to encurage or correct. Then if I correct post scripture or a paraphrase of scripture based on my impression of their level of respect for the truth.

I skim. It's about picking your battles for me.

In truth, I have progressed to where I inhabit several forums at once now. That way I have a better selection of threads and discussions to find something interesting, so as not to jump into ones I didn't really find that compelling to start with and end up getting in an argument with someone needlessly. Plus, many (including several here) are members elsewhere as well, and some of the better ones tend to migrate around a little. Yet there will be stationary members at particular forums that are especially good, so it pays to spread yourself around a little. Keeps one's mind clear, and one's ministry more focused.

That said, there is a danger in becoming too active in too many things at once and getting swamped. But at least you're not bored, LoL.
Some topics on forums can be hard on the eyes day after day. It can be draining. So how do you communicate with the love of Christ? How do you keep from becoming weary?

Yes, especially when you have to correct. Makes you feel like a monster, when it shouldn't be that way. The general principle is always this: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Sometimes that even requires getting flat out confrontational with people, but if you follow the principle, you end up with nothing to feel guilty about, regardless of the outcome.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember reading today, @Hidden In Him

“but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:15-16‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
Ephesians 4:16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of its | New American Standard Bible - NASB 1995 (NASB1995) | Download The Bible App Now

glad to share it; it did come in use today :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some topics on forums can be hard on the eyes day after day. It can be draining. So how do you communicate with the love of Christ? How do you keep from becoming weary?
Excellent topic!!!...the title could use a bit more description...it sounds like an owners manual on how to read f-o-r-u-m-s...lol...jk...but if you hadn't mentioned that you were going to start a thread prior I would have misunderstood what the topic was about...Ignore me, I am such a nit-picker about grammar and even I mess it up.
I couldn't read a person's intent in a post to save my life....after praying and seeking God on how to communicate more effectively and to free me of a spirit of offense the forum became a blessing for me to come to...I like having my own little sanctuary full of brethren who loved sharing His Word.
But then there were times the enemy would attack me through certain members and it would wear me down so much that I would have to take a break...
No way I can stay away....I miss it too much...I miss my family too much.
So my strategy is to walk away from highly controversial topics where there is a lot of arguing and hateful words being spewed out..
My last resort is to take a break...but it is beneficial because I spend more time in prayer.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Excellent topic!!!...the title could use a bit more description...it sounds like an owners manual on how to read f-o-r-u-m-s...lol...jk...but if you hadn't mentioned that you were going to start a thread prior I would have misunderstood what the topic was about...Ignore me, I am such a nit-picker about grammar and even I mess it up.
I couldn't read a person's intent in a post to save my life....after praying and seeking God on how to communicate more effectively and to free me of a spirit of offense the forum became a blessing for me to come to...I like having my own little sanctuary full of brethren who loved sharing His Word.
But then there were times the enemy would attack me through certain members and it would wear me down so much that I would have to take a break...
No way I can stay away....I miss it too much...I miss my family too much.
So my strategy is to walk away from highly controversial topics where there is a lot of arguing and hateful words being spewed out..
My last resort is to take a break...but it is beneficial because I spend more time in prayer.
Changed the title, maybe this is better?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By keeping your mind centered on Christ. By remembering, I'm here to give a gift, bring a blessing.

When I get weary, I remember, I'm here to impart Grace in every word.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the judicious use of Ignore . . . is how I do it.

Much love!
Well how ya gonna bless or be blessed by ignoring people? :D...
JK...actually that is an excellent idea and you are able to participate in a thread without being provoked by the member you ignore.:)

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well how ya gonna bless or be blessed by ignoring people? :D...
JK...actually that is an excellent idea and you are able to participate in a thread without being provoked by the member you ignore.:)
Or to get drawn into discussions which always prove meaningless with certain people.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to re-respond since the title changed..
How to bless: Speak His Word, be humble before others, allow them to share their faith without attacking them...(This is a huge problem when members disagree as to what another believes)
Offer prayer and encouragement.
How to be blessed: I love discussing His Word, the testimonial forum is a huge blessing for me, so is the praise forum....
Praying with others in the prayer forum.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't answer someone that is arguing or being rude. Or keep it brief. There is no fruit in such conversation. And I try to stay out of the conspiracy threads as much as possible.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to re-respond since the title changed..
How to bless: Speak His Word, be humble before others, allow them to share their faith without attacking them...(This is a huge problem when members disagree as to what another believes)
Offer prayer and encouragement.
How to be blessed: I love discussing His Word, the testimonial forum is a huge blessing for me, so is the praise forum....
Praying with others in the prayer forum.

Yeah, I would probably have written things a touch differently with the new title.

How to bless is easy. I occasionally provide encouragement by giving very caring words here or there, but my primary gift is to lay out scripture upon scripture to show people how the word fits together, and maybe help them understand things a bit better.

How to BE blessed... I have no earthly idea, LoL.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many are generous with their advise and opinions, and it is more blessed to give than to receive.

But seriously, reading what people post can be a blessing with the right perspective.

I honestly think just getting to know people can be a blessing. When I know people better I understand them better, and I suppose just having everyone around is the blessing in itself. If I didn't have online fellowship and online opportunities to minister, I would have to start a church, and I think that would be somewhat of a waste of my greatest gifts. I'm not a pastor, I'm a teacher, and not all are open to as much teaching as they are hearing a little preaching here and there, which is not what I'm built for or designed to help with in Christ.

God bless, and thanks for the answer.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes.

and I had not even mentioned you and you came out and said it was you when you didn't have to. I would like to wipe this all clean, so you never have to look at this again--you have more than compensated for any wrongdoing. I am going back and deleting my posts. and I will be deleting this one after you look at it.You can delete your posts that refer to what I wrote. It never happened as far as I'm concerned.
God Bless!

I just remember rubbing you the wrong way once, and was hoping if it was me you were talking about that we could work it out. I post pictures quite often too, lol.

62d27d30438c5f5cd3799bf638d561bf.png

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question. One I find harder and harder to do.

Sadly it appears many come in and do not want to discuss the word or christian topics. They want to impose on the chatroom their belief system, And turn to mocking, Personal attacks and or just plain ignoring anything you say and just pushing their truth.

Sadly. For awhile now. I treated these people the same. Went after them, Did All I could do to expose them. In hopes that they would see the hypocrites they are and see how they are treating people. But that not only is not going well. It has started affecting me and how I treat people. So that is not the answer.

We would think a christian room would be full of loving humble people. Sadly. In my almost ten years in christian chat. I have met some of the most prideful people I have ever met.. Sadly. I see this in churches also. Its like denominations have to fight each other. So you can be the best. Or whatever reason they do this.

If someone figures out how to bless others and have meaningful conversations like we used to. I am all ears!!