How to experience miracles in a religious service

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to experience miracles in a religious service. I could say church service, but I want to broaden the definition out on a broader perspective. And to lay a foundation I bring up yet again the seven churches...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic - Left their first love
2. Smyrna - Martyr - Foxes Book of Martyrs records the persecutions as ten.
3. Pergamos - Orthodox... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
4. Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
5. Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
6. Philadelphia - Wesleyism - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
7. Laodicea - Materialistic - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

In the Phildalephian church there were spiritual experiences. The old Methodist Holy Club was an organization at Christ Church, Oxford, set up by brothers John and Charles Wesley in 1729, who later contributed to the formation of the Methodist Church. As Wesley would travel abroad he was greatly influenced by the Moravians who would help build his faith. These are the foundations to the great awakening to spiritual beauties and the birth of the Philadelphian church age and a great exodus from the spirit of Jezebel that would haunt the Catholic and protestant movements in times of reformation.

Jeering college students scoffed at these "Methodists" who tried to systematically serve God every hour of the day. They set aside time for praying, examining their spiritual lives, studying the Bible, and meeting together. In addition, they took food to poor families, visited lonely people in prison, and taught orphans how to read. Members of the organization celebrated Holy Communion frequently and fasted on Wednesdays and Fridays until 3 P.M. Fellows of the Holy Club also studied and discussed the Novum Testamentum Graece as well as the Classics. Critics of the Holy Club said:

“By rule they eat, by rule they drink, by rule do all things but think.
Accuse the priests of loose behavior, to get more in the laymen's favor.
Method alone must guide 'em all, when themselves ‘Methodists’ they call.” – Critics of the Holy Club

It was after a difficult and discouraging mission trip to America that John Wesley questioned his faith. In 1738, at the age of 34, John Wesley attended an evening worship service in London which moved him deeply.

“In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate Street, where one was reading Luther's preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while the leader was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ alone for salvation; and an assurance was given me that He had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death.” – John Wesley

For the next year Wesley would continue to seek the Lord until spiritual experiences would happen as stated in Wesley’s journal from Jan. 1, 1739: “About sixty of our brethren until three in the morning, the power of God came mightily on us, insomuch that many cried out for exceeding joy, and many fell to the ground.” John Wesley prayed, “Lord send us revival without its defects but if this is not possible, send revival, defects and all.”

Whitefield wrote of many falling to the ground, trembling exceedingly with strong convulsions. People fell down, cried out, trembled with convulsive twitchings. Sinners dropped down, shrieking, groaning, crying for mercy, convulsed, agonizing, fainting, falling down in distress or in raptures of joy. The noise was like a roar of Niagara. The vast sea of human beings as agitated by a storm. Seized with convulsive jerking all over.

All church denominations have issues. And to the Philadelphian age people it was in keeping the revival hot.

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out." - Revelation 3:12

There have been times when we Philadelphians had a temple experience where the shekinah glory (the radiance in which God's immanent presence in the midst of his people, esp in the Temple, is visibly manifested) made its way manifest. During these times we felt the presence of our maker and it radiated in our souls. In which I present a photo of one of our old timers who kept this fire in his soul all his days...
Dallas_zps81e23487.jpg

The problem is... We have such a hard time keeping this Spirit in our spirits. The old timers kept this alive much of their lives. The newer generation go to bible cemetery, Oops, I meant seminary, and do not come out with this spirit.

In the video below RW Schambach tells of a story in which the Holy Spirit fell, the shekinah glory shined, and many were healed. I doubt that there were but a few services of this nature during both his and AA Allen's ministry, but it sure was precious, I believe, when it fell!

If… E=mc2 then we can divide and conclude that

Matter (m) = E (energy) / c2 (light)

And there are three varieties…

Mass – Is basically stored energy and light.
Mentality – Our thinking can produce an energy and a light!
Spiritually – E (energy, motivation, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

These miracles then, imho, tend to be present where there is an atmosphere of true spirituality as I have defined above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAnYQxXWCME