Ever been to a PROPHECY Class??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife and I have been attending a new church (gathering) for about 6 months and a "Prophecy Class" was offered, and we just attended the first of 5 classes...and it didn't go as well as I might have hoped.

Introductions were given and an explanation of the Instructor's history of teaching the class, he hit on a few hopes and intentions for this particular class, and then finished with what seemed more like a seance. Not necessarily wrong, but perhaps more could have been said to explain biblical prophecy. The instructor then called up some of the regulars in service at the church, and they began to pick out others in the class and gave a prophecy of what they said God was revealing to them for or about the person. But, with all due respect, I do have to say--my wife and I were singled out, and a prophecy was given...that was pretty right on! And then it all finished with a thank you and an announcement that "It's just going to get better!"

Yeah, not what I had hoped, or would even recommend. So I thought I would offer perhaps a better outline:

Introduction

Prophecy in scripture and now in the church means different things. The most common understanding is the foretelling of events, that the message be known as being from God and not just the person. But it can also be a declaration, explanation, or translation of something. During Old Testament times, as Peter wrote, "prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." And as you will see in the scripture below, that has not changed for the church (God never changes).

In reading the scripture below, it is important to note that the gifts of the Holy Spirit vary from person to person within the body of the church. Meaning, in addition to what may be assumed, is that not only are different gifts given to different people, but they are in fact not given to all. Paul even asks, "Are all prophets?" The idea being that just as the body is made up of "different parts", all in fact do not prophesy, any more than every part hears as the ear hears, or sees as the eye sees.

1 Corinthians 12
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: 2 You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Unity and Diversity in One Body

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way (love).​
The gift of prophecy in application
It is important not to misread the signs of any spiritual gift, and not to act before being "moved by the Holy Spirit." In other words, there are all sorts of things that "move" people-- emotions, feelings, intuitions, motivations of all kinds, music, fear, even drugs and alcohol. Caution, patience, and prayer are therefore advised before opening ones mouth. And make no mistake, if it is you talking, it may not be the Holy Spirit speaking. Alternatively, that is not scripturally how it works, but rather--"it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." Matthew 10:20

Wait also therefore for when and where to speak, not hindering the Spirit, but not speaking where, or when, or what of your own doing. As it is written, "when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." Meaning, not even the Holy Spirit speaks, except what "He hears", of whom those given the gift of prophecy either honor, or dishonor.

That's a start.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr E and amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy Class Outline - Part 2

Language and Scripture Issues

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees and Lawyers for their error in looking only to the words of scripture as literal or literary, clarifying to say, "The words that I speak to you are spirit..." John 6:63. Which--first lesson key: Sets the greater context, not only to the immediate situation and that small part of the overall history of the world wherein God is revealing all things intended for our hearing and understanding, but also that of the greater overall message is for all time. It is important to understand that there are passages in the bible that would appear to pertain only to that smaller local and historic time, and yet that is not the main reason that most of scripture is actually entered into the eternal word of God. In other words, whether a passage is simply in the bible as a record and example of a biblical principle, or is something commonly experienced and applicable to literally every generation from the beginning to the end and all of time...God has a greater intended purpose for every word being in His eternal word, that we were all eventually intended to know in full.

A good example is marriage. Which began in the beginning as a personal union between Adam and Eve, to become a pattern for all God's chosen people as an example to all the people of the world, and was only fully explained thousands of years later as pointing to the intended marriage of Christ the Bridegroom and the church, His Bride, in the end. Local and personal, but also general and of a greater meaning than was first known--even for thousands of years. Just as it is with much of scripture. The end of which is actually announced in the book of Revelation, saying "Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them. 5 The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven 6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer, 7 but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets." Revelation 10:4-7 Which, coming from Jesus, named as "the Word of God", also gives the greater context as being "every word that proceeds from the mouth of God"--meaning, all of scripture. The idea being, that every word, though tightly wound into history and the scriptures, is full of even the untold or fully explained mysteries of God until the end.

But back to the Pharisees and Lawyers, and Language and Scripture Issues: Jesus' rebuke was against their literal and literary use of the scriptures, and not taking the words as spirit which He then clarified and corrected them (and us) on, saying, regarding their literal and literary use of the scriptures, "Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered.” Luke 11:52 By "enter in" He was stating the biblical fact that the scriptures are indeed spirit, and to take them as such (rather than only literal or literature) is to "enter in" to the presence of God who inspired the words for our hearing.

And as if that were not enough--just as God drove all of humanity out of the garden until He is finished with His salvation plans for all who are His, and has "placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life", "the Lord confused the language of all the earth" Genesis 11:9 at the Tower of Babel--an order which has not been rescinded. Confirming the fact that the only access to the actual meaning of every word from God, is by spiritually entering into the presence of God. Which is the reason we now have so many varied and questionable translations of the Bible.

Which brings us back to prophecy as God's chosen method of declaring what the words actually mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy Class Outline - Part 3

The Spiritual Word Keys

Because the scriptures are often looked at as being the end-all authority, even over the direct intervention of the Holy Spirit, it is important to know what it is that we are looking at. As mentioned earlier, "the Lord confused the language of all the earth" Genesis 11:9 at the Tower of Babel...which being "all" does include the scriptures. Which, yes, has resulted in many varied translations, understandings, the division of many denominations.

How then are the scriptures rendered unconfused? Also mentioned earlier, the answer given by God is that He has guarded the scriptures under the barrier of spirit-only access. But being God, who is true in spite of the imposed barrier--even the confused words are true...and therein lies a problem for many. Because the words can be claimed as true as is, for many, that is the end of it, as it would appear that the truth from God has been established, even self-evident. And for the sake of spreading the gospel--indeed, that much is enough. Yet, one would have to turn a blind eye to the mysterious nature of God only revealing the truth, "Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little”, the use of parables, and tongues--in addition to saying it outright, which is also written: Much of what is written of the mystery of God, is guarded and kept, and only revealed over time according to His purpose.

Even spending three years with the apostles, Jesus admitted before His physical departure, saying “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." John 16:12 Which would understandably be understood perhaps only to mean during their lifetimes (not ours) after His ascension and His sending the Holy Spirit, except for the clear statement in Revelations, that the mystery would not be finished until just before the end of times.

So, no, the words of scripture are often far from literal, purposely obscured in stories and obvious parables, some not obvious, and thus must be "spiritually discerned"--and yet there are keys. Key words in scripture open up a greater meaning than could otherwise be stated. Not that there is more to be added--heaven forbid. It's just that it's there, yet not easily seen, and purposely so that evil--the tares among the wheat--do not also actually have the playbook. Besides--the keys, do not actually pass by word, but also only by the Spirit.

An example: The word "thousand", often referring to "years", has no real or literal meaning with a God who "is the same yesterday, today, and forever." So, if God is speaking about a Godly event or matter, would it stand to reason that the word is rooted in the worldly terms or Godly terms? To clearly understand, it is important to understand that being purposely obscured and confused, that the truth is kept holy and pure--it is not worldly, but Godly. Meaning that scripture is often if not mostly, a translation of what is timeless with God, into worldly terms and according to the times of this world, while remaining confusing to the world and those of the world, as opposed to those not of the world but of God. This is what God has done by confusing "all language."

The key of the word "thousand" then...is God's way of saying "I am not counting--even if you are." In other words, since time does not exist with God and is a mere illusion of this world--a "thousand" is essentially the same as saying "in the fulness of time" (according to the illusion). Thus, Peter's indication that since, "a thousand years with the Lord is as a day, and a day a thousand years" it all means very little in translation. So, looking to the stars for a sign--as before the coming of Christ, is one thing, but actually counting days and years according to them is quite another. But take away the imposed obscurity, and you have such sayings "as the sand upon the seashore", which are simply and rightly not counted or taken literally. So then, to avoid the imposed obscurity and confusion, remembering that time does not exist within the reality terms of God--"thousand" is always and only meant "in the fulness" thereof.

Okay, I am not going to go on to all the keys, but just rattle off a few to help you get the idea--which you can then test and utilize as you feel comfortably lead. HOWEVER, this is not to be considered a license to be use as you wish--but merely as a knock at the door toward being in the presence of God in spiritual communication. Which if applied makes one either a hearer of the word, or a false prophet or teacher--and thus, being "sent" by God to witness [anything] is another matter entirely--for which everyone who partakes will answer for. Understand that this is not me (or God) giving entry, He still controls who enters. I am not giving up anything, the fact is it is He who has poured out His spirit upon all flesh and stands ready to open the door. I am simply making straight the way in edification, according to the liberty made available for our times approaching the sounding of the seventh angel--the rest is between you and God. But here's a start in the right direction:

"Man" - In many passages of scripture a male use of words or the word itself, often refers to "God" as established by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being referred to as "Him" or male. Conversely, "women" or feminine connotation or usage, often refers to something pertaining to mankind, as established by God creating the woman for the "man" (meaning for God), and as also established by referring to the entire church (men and woman alike) as the "Bride" (female).

"East, West, North and South" - Often are a reference and key that the passage is regarding what is "Back, Forward, Above, and Below", established in "Heaven above, earth below", and mankind being driven from the presence of God "eastward in Eden" and in the laying out of the promise land--every parcel--"from the east unto the west" going forward.

"Water" - is often a reference to the spirit, established in "the waters" above and below "the firmament" (as Heaven is above), and "the rivers of water" that flow from the throne of God.

Just to name a few.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy Class Outline - Part 4 (coming soon)

Hearing From God

This is one area that is more general and can be enjoyed by all who come fully and humbly before God, and is not limited or specific to those with the spiritual gift of prophecy. Hearing the Spirit of God is simply a matter of being so connected with God spiritually, that not unlike our human relationships of parent and child or husband and wife, that when something is up, you know it even if no words are audibly spoken. Remember, the kingdom is not limited to audible communication, but is within you. The biblical examples are actually quite varied, also including dreams, and visions, visitation by angels, being caught up in the spirit, and even simply moved by the spirit. As for audible communications, they too are varied as anything from a donkey talking, to another person, angels, and/or directly from God. Which according to the New Testament record, did not stop with Old Testament times, or after the biblically named apostles all died, but was in fact foretold to be with the church until the end of time and the finish of the mystery of God before the sounding of the seventh angel.

Prophecy and the gift of prophecy on the other hand, as with all spiritual gifts, is a call to service, an assigned task...and yet hearing from God is part of both of these two very different relationships with God. So, hearing from God in the general sense is not to be taken or assumed to be a call to prophecy. Therefore, I have included it here because the gift of prophecy can often begin with very similar spiritual encounters. But one should not be confused for the other. To do so would very likely be a disservice to God, rather than a service, just as was the case with many false prophets of old recorded in the scriptures.

There Are No Coincidences

Coincidence is simply one of those terms used for things of otherwise unknown origin. Yet in knowing God we can and should know that nothing comes about by chance or coincidence--not so much as one hair on our own heads. As a Christian it is easy to begin to see such would be coincidences as acts of God, but what about those who do not know God? In that case, there is simply no explanation, or it is assumed to be a matter defined by many who do not know God, as the laws of chance. To the credit of some who perhaps do not know God, even they, for lack of a better term, refer to some of what is otherwise unexplainable, as "acts of God." Hence the term "coincidence", which is otherwise contributed to the unknown.

But for those who know God, even those who are only first being drawn to God, such encounters become whispers, if not shouts, personally from God. When coincidence becomes too much to be called coincidence, there is indeed another explanation. And that may very well be the beginning of the call to the gift and service of prophecy.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy Class Outline - Part 5

The Call to Prophecy

The more "biblical" call into the service and gift of prophecy, as we know, is quite varied. Elijah was called into a lifetime ministry of miracles, etc.. But Jonah--poor Jonah, he obviously lived part of his life before being called to what has been written of him, from which he first ran away to Tarshish, was not so graciously delivered in the belly of a great fish to eventually fulfill his service of prophesying to Nineveh, then things didn't even go according to what he was called to prophesize--and what became of him then? We don't know! Presumably, he disappeared into the unwritten pages of history and lived out his life never to do any other noteworthy prophecy.

In any case, unlike the "God moments" of general spiritual communication to the many, God has and does also give spiritual gifts, "distributing to each one individually as He wills", including "some prophets."

Again, the method of calling varies, even so, God never changes, and therefore we can know that the ways in which God has called some in times past, He will also do likewise in the present and future until the last, before "the sounding of the seventh angel." Revelation 10:7 By my own testimony and experience, unlike the "Oh Wow!" God moments where He certainly knocks on the door perhaps stopping us in our tracks, or even altering the direction of our lives--I would have to say, that the calling of God to serve by the gift of prophecy, is beyond that. How, or in what way? God knows. I only know and can say that my own experience was, and remains to be, humbling, and like the biblical accounts we read about. And therefore, I would caution anyone who has a dream, or thinks they heard from God, or that a door seems to have opened...who may be willing, but still wearing their socks (which would more likely be blown off)--to wait. Wait, knowing that self-appointed prophetic acts may be your demise. The time you need to be sure, God will make available. So if you need to run, or sail off to Tarshish--just tell God you are willing but you are not sure just what you heard--otherwise your story may be written much like Jonah's, or worse. And a good rule of thumb: If it doesn't turn your life upside down and every which way but loose--it's not God calling, but something you ate, a demon, or just a dream.

And yet...if it is God calling, although not necessarily easy, the road ahead will come up to meet you. I would love to share some of my own experiences--but no. Relax, if God has come to you, He will open the way before you, He will open the doors. If moved, move. If prompted to speak, speak. If not, then not. And don't expect a hero's welcome, you are in good company, but no one likes to be told what is and isn't true. Don't be afraid, but be careful, knowing they killed the prophets of old. And yet for the most part, you can rest assured, that what was done physically in times of old, are for the most part now fulfilled in the spirit.

In closing, just a reminder, that there is a difference between receiving spiritual communications from God, and being called to deliver them to others. The one is common communion with God and not necessarily a call to service, while the other most certainly is a call to service. If you hear the call, wait then for the command to act. Expect nothing, except that what proceeds is God's, not our own. Oh, and rest, you are in the presence of God!

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And make no mistake, if it is you talking, it may not be the Holy Spirit speaking. Alternatively, that is not scripturally how it works, but rather--"it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." Matthew 10:20

Often, when someone says-- "make no mistake" --it's immediately before they make a mistake.

I trust that what Jesus is recorded of having said there in Matthew. It applies to himself as well, no?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My wife and I have been attending a new church (gathering) for about 6 months and a "Prophecy Class" was offered, and we just attended the first of 5 classes...and it didn't go as well as I might have hoped.

More was said to explain the instructors history of teaching the class, hit on a few hopes and intentions for this particular class, and then finished with what seemed more like a seance. The instructor called up some of the regulars in service at the church, and they began to pick out others in the class and gave a prophecy of what they said God was revealing to them for or about the person. And it all finished with a thank you and an announcement that "It's just going to get better!"

Yeah, not what I had hoped, or would even recommend. So I thought I would offer a better outline:

Introduction

Prophecy in scripture and now in the church means different things. The most common understanding is the foretelling of events, that the message be known as being from God and not just the person. But it can also be a declaration, explanation, or translation of something. During Old Testament times, as Peter wrote, "prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." And as you will see in the scripture below, that has not changed for the church (God never changes).

In reading the scripture below, it is important to note that the gifts of the Holy Spirit vary from person to person within the body of the church. Meaning, in addition to what may be assumed, is that not only are different gifts given to different people, but they are in fact not given to all. Paul even asks, "Are all prophets?" The idea being that just as the body is made up of "different parts", all in fact do not prophesy, any more than every part hears as the ear hears, or sees as the eye sees.

1 Corinthians 12
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: 2 You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Unity and Diversity in One Body

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way (love).​
The gift of prophecy in application
It is important not to misread the signs of any spiritual gift, and not to act before being "moved by the Holy Spirit." In other words, there are all sorts of things that "move" people-- emotions, feelings, intuitions, motivations of all kinds, music, fear, even drugs and alcohol. Caution, patience, and prayer are therefore advised before opening ones mouth. And make no mistake, if it is you talking, it may not be the Holy Spirit speaking. Alternatively, that is not scripturally how it works, but rather--"it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." Matthew 10:20

Wait also therefore for when and where to speak, not hindering the Spirit, but not speaking where, or when, of what of your own doing. As it is written, "when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." Meaning, not even the Holy Spirit speaks, except what "He hears", of whom those given the gift of prophecy either honor, or dishonor.

That's a start.
A prophecy class? I think it more "productive" to have a tongues class....as in repeat after me...Baa baa baa baa (black sheep). Playing "Rubber Biscuit" could also be used to kickstart would-be tongues enthusiasts. :ummm:

Seriously, spiritual gifts are as God causes them to happen. Trying to control spiritual things is akin to witchcraft. Fortunately, most attempts are simply silly.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Often, when someone says-- "make no mistake" --it's immediately before they make a mistake.

I trust that what Jesus is recorded of having said there in Matthew. It applies to himself as well, no?

Yes, but why do you accuse me, then ask for clarification as if I knew? Is that not the actions of one divided?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prophecy class? I think it more "productive" to have a tongues class....as in repeat after me...Baa baa baa baa (black sheep). Playing "Rubber Biscuit" could also be used to kickstart would-be tongues enthusiasts. :ummm:

Seriously, spiritual gifts are as God causes them to happen. Trying to control spiritual things is akin to witchcraft. Fortunately, most attempts are simply silly.

I would agree, that is why I offer clarification.

Which does not mean there should be no instruction or the reminder of the instruction given by God; or even the declaration of what is actually true according to the method that God Himself has established as His own, particularly His use of people moved by the Spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you were quoting me above, saying "make no mistake"--is that not an accusation?

No one accused you of anything Scott. Why so sensitive?
Perhaps you didn't mean it that way--but you were quoting me.

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question for you.

Is the above a teaching that you have personally compiled and would like to discuss with this little forum?

Or is the above the teaching from your class that you believe to be odd?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question for you.

Is the above a teaching that you have personally compiled and would like to discuss with this little forum?

Or is the above the teaching from your class that you believe to be odd?

It is what I am compiling as a better outline, as a result and as an alternative to what I was disappointed to find being taught elsewhere. Which I am doing as one often rejected here for my obedience and obligation to God having given me the gift of declaring what is true in accordance with His promise that the mystery of what He has declared to His servants the prophets would be finished before the sounding of the seventh angel.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you were quoting me above, saying "make no mistake"--is that not an accusation?

Perhaps you didn't mean it that way--but you were quoting me.

When I said "someone" -- I guess you self-identified.