Worries about heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Worry no more :) Our present earthly experiences are only a type/shadow of the true type in heaven, Revelation 21:

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
How do you cope with the thought of your child who does not make it to heaven experiencing eternal suffering?

There would not be such a thought in heaven.

5a And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”
Isn't that exciting: EVERYTHING NEW! new periodic table of new elements, new materials, new earth, new heavens, new universe, new bodies, new pets, new food, new drinks (Matthew 26:29), new songs (Revelation 5:9), new relationships, etc.

Will there be freedom?

Yes, 2 Corinthians 3:

17b where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
The perfect marriage between God and the church will replace our defective marriage between a man and a woman. No more husband and wife relations, which is better for everyone.

In heaven, our earthly sons and daughters will become our brothers which is better for everyone.

Jesus spoke of a delineation of two broad ages in Matthew 12:

32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
Paul spoke of more refined ages in Ephesians 2:

7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
The coming ages started counting after the future resurrection, e.g., the age of discovery, the computer age, the space age, the AI age, etc.

After Jesus' 2nd coming, there will also be a plurality of ages.

Will we miss anything?

Whatever we may miss will be replaced by something better on the new earth.

Will the new earth be stagnant or boring?

No, there will be interesting work, John 5:

17b Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”
Or will we still develop and advance?

Yes, exciting developments under the new glorified physics :)

Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the things that worries me about heaven (in this case getting to heaven) is Matthew 7:21-23:
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?' 23 Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.'"

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Worry no more :) Our present earthly experiences are only a type/shadow of the true type in heaven, Revelation 21:

How do you cope with the thought of your child who does not make it to heaven experiencing eternal suffering?

Isn't that exciting: EVERYTHING NEW! new periodic table of new elements, new materials, new earth, new heavens, new universe, new bodies, new pets, new food, new drinks (Matthew 26:29), new songs (Revelation 5:9), new relationships, etc.

Will there be freedom?

Yes, 2 Corinthians 3:

The perfect marriage between God and the church will replace our defective marriage between a man and a woman. No more husband and wife relations, which is better for everyone.

In heaven, our earthly sons and daughters will become our brothers which is better for everyone.

Jesus spoke of a delineation of two broad ages in Matthew 12:

Paul spoke of more refined ages in Ephesians 2:

The coming ages started counting after the future resurrection, e.g., the age of discovery, the computer age, the space age, the AI age, etc.

Will we miss anything?

Worries about heaven?​

None at all. I don't worry about heaven.

I only make sure I keep myself in the love and will of God to be there after the grave.

Blessed are they that are keeping judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

We know that whosoever is born of God is not sinning; but he that is begotten of God is keeping himself, and that wicked one is touching him not.

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keeping yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Sure beats sinning our way to hell.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am only guessing based on Jesus' resurrected body which, I assume, was governed by the glorified physics.
We do well to not speak like you did. We have little to no knowledge of how the Spiritual realm works and should avoid making speculative guesses. They either make us look wise of very foolish.

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Tony (HAPPY NEW YEAR :)), why do you believe that we will not have such thoughts in Heaven? Will we have no memory of this life when we are there (Heaven/the New Earth) as Isaiah 65:17 seems to indicate?

I ask because, if we have no memories of this life, what possible meaning could words like "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain" (Rev 5:12) have for us? Thanks!!

Will we miss anything?
If we don't know/remember anything about our lives here, including the people we knew and loved, as well both the good and the bad of our lives (which also means not knowing why Jesus came here as a man and had to die on the Cross on our behalf to save us), then what will there be to miss?

Thanks!

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
p.s. - it seems to me that we will surely have some memories of the former things from this life because, if we do not, why would the Lord need to comfort us and wipe away every tear from our eyes .. Revelation 21:4? Lastly, I have no worries about the age to come, just FYI, that it will be a wonderful, wondrous, glorious life with Him for us all, beyond what we could hope for or imagine, just like He tells us that it will be :)

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Worries about heaven?​

yeahhhh, who collects the garbage and who runs the sewage works? :contemplate:

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Tony (HAPPY NEW YEAR :)), why do you believe that we will not have such thoughts in Heaven? Will we have no memory of this life when we are there (Heaven/the New Earth) as Isaiah 65:17 seems to indicate?

Happy New Year! You are one of the people on this platform whose writings I respect :)

Let me clarify. On the new earth, we may have some bad memories of this life. But due to the new perspective, I don't think we will still feel bad about them.

Feel free to follow up.

Reactions: Papa Smurf

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Worry no more :) Our present earthly experiences are only a type/shadow of the true type in heaven, Revelation 21:3-4 “And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
Rev 21:2-4 is an entirely earthly scenario, not heavenly….”the dwelling place of God is with MAN”……but those who are taken to heaven are transformed into immortal spirit creatures in order to dwell in the presence of God, because as Moses was told…. “no man may see God and yet live”.

If we cannot even gaze at the things God created, like the sun, (which is millions of miles away) without damage to our sight, how could humans ever be in God’s actual presence?

God’s first purpose for humans was entirely earthly…there was no mention of ‘heaven or hell’ to Adam, just ‘life or death’. God had a purpose for putting us here that never went away. What God starts, he finishes. (Isa 55:11) So the description in Rev 21 is of the outcome of the restoration of all things…the things that got damaged by rebellion at the beginning, will all be restored at the end. Jesus came to buy back what we lost.

Since there is no such place as a hell of “eternal suffering”, no one would ever have thought it up except maybe the devil who wants to paint the worst picture possible of our loving and generous God….who would never even contemplate torturing souls forever. He has no need or desire to do anything but to remove the wicked from existence. What is the purpose in torturing them?
Since creation was perfect, without defect and it was declared “very good” by its Creator, why would he need to make everything different in order to renew them? Restoration is what the Bible speaks about….just like some humans like to do, God wants to restore his original creation back to its pristine condition.
Will there be freedom?
The “freedom” mentioned is freedom from all the present woes that plague the earth under satan’s influence (1 John 5:19)….we have never known a life free from evil…..then we will. That is certainly something to look forward to for those who will be ruled and cared for by the elect who are chosen by God as rulers and priests for redeemed mankind. (Rev 20:6) A perfect government of God with no corrupt politicians failing to keep their empty promises.
Now you are speaking of heaven….where spirit beings were created, not conceived and given birth.
Those taken to heaven will be in spirit form, and having no need or desire to procreate as we mortals do, there will be no marriage in heaven as that is what marriage was for….to produce children.
Jesus spoke of a delineation of two broad ages in Matthew 12:7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
The coming “ages” are those lived in peace and harmony under the 1,000 year reign of Christ and his bride….then, after one final test on redeemed mankind, all faithful ones will get to enjoy God’s first purpose for all living things on this beautiful planet….something we never got to experience because of three selfish rebels who stole it from us.
The coming “ages” have nothing to do with man’s achievements….all of which the devil has used to further his own agenda.

Will we miss anything?

”The new earth” is not a new planet…there is nothing defective about this one….God will simply clean it up like he did in Noah’s day, wiping out the wicked and starting again….back then was a temporary reset to keep God’s purpose on track….Messiah had yet to make his appearance, and redeemed, fallen humanity which would descend now from Noah, we’re still in sin, taking the defects they inherited from Adam, into the human race, on into the future. (Rom 5:12)

No new “glorified physics”…just new discoveries concerning the the physics we already have.

Our physical bodies were designed for work, as is evident in all creation. God’s wild creatures are always busy (Prov 6:6-8) and the domestic ones keep us busy also.

Work was inferred in the instructions that God gave to Adam….”be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it” (Gen 1:28) To “subdue” the earth was to bring it under man’s control, taming the wilderness outside the garden until the whole earth resembled the garden of Eden. The more children they had, the more workers there were for the task, and they had no time limit because everlasting life was promised right here on earth in mortal flesh with access to “the tree of life”.

God’s first purpose will yet be achieved, even after a lengthy but necessary detour.

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the new earth, we may have some bad memories of this life. But due to the new perspective, I don't think we will still feel bad about them.

Feel free to follow up.
Hello again Tony, the above is what I have come to believe as well (as it seems the most reasonable explanation). Of course, all of this, as you know, is based upon conjecture, so I'm always open to learning more, even though I realize that we may never for sure on this side of the grave.

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Reactions: TonyChanYT