How to know if we've passed the test

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Students know when they've passed when the teacher gives them their grade, but how do we know when the test is spiritual. Does anyone have any scripture or websites explaining the how? Thank you. - Heb

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which test are you referring to?

Do you mean how can I know that I am a Christian?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is considered a test from God?

I would say..anything at all that challenges our faith or starts to cause us to doubt.
Eve had a test and failed...she did not have faith alone in Father God.

Reactions: Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Students know when they've passed when the teacher gives them their grade, but how do we know when the test is spiritual. Does anyone have any scripture or websites explaining the how? Thank you. - Heb

You have placed God's bringing His people through various trails or tests in a pass/fail scenario. I disagree with that. It is never a pass/fail program. Whether we do well or not so well the end result is what God wanted. It reveals to us something He already knows. It creates growth in our spirit.

So, as a believer in Christ, when the trial comes, we do the best we can with where we are at in the Lord. We may think it ends victoriously, or we may think it ends in defeat. However it ends, God got what He wanted out of it.

I don't think Peter ever got over his denial of Christ. But that was what he needed.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have placed God's bringing His people through various trails or tests in a pass/fail scenario. I disagree with that. It is never a pass/fail program. Whether we do well or not so well the end result is what God wanted. It reveals to us something He already knows. It creates growth in our spirit.

So, as a believer in Christ, when the trial comes, we do the best we can with where we are at in the Lord. We may think it ends victoriously, or we may think it ends in defeat. However it ends, God got what He wanted out of it.

I don't think Peter ever got over his denial of Christ. But that was what he needed.

Stranger

Very good and wise post.
Good answer.

I agree...in light of your post I sat here and thought over what "I" see as a failure. But as you say...though those times when I thought it failed I can see God taught me more than than He sometimes did in the victories.

" Thought a man falls seven times..."
If we don't fall, we don't ever learn how to get up again.

Samson failed, but his end was a victory.
As you say, Peter failed, but his end was a victory.
Joseph ended up in prison...yet he was rained to second in the land.

A tree who is always sheltered from the wind never will grown deep roots.

Good post...thank you.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Good thinking! While reading your post another similar thought came to me which is very close to your quote about growth in the spirit. Sometimes its about learning. Every faulure can also be a learning opportunity.

Reactions: Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 6:14 says if you forgive men their tresspasses, your heavenly Father will forgive you.

I don't want to say that verse is how you know if you have passed, but I want to focus on the "if you" part.

The Bible is full of these identification points or check points. They are things God wants us to do and promises what will happen if we do them and often what will happen if we don't.

You shouldn't latch on to just one "if you" though... But looking them collectively is important.

I am not saying this is the definite way to know... But it is at least a reasonable place to start.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But don't we win or lose crowns and rewards at the Bema Seat? 1 Cor 9:24-27, Rev 3:11.

Getting crowns is not about passing a test. It is reward for something done in the Spirit for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good and wise post.
Good answer.

I agree...in light of your post I sat here and thought over what "I" see as a failure. But as you say...though those times when I thought it failed I can see God taught me more than than He sometimes did in the victories.

" Thought a man falls seven times..."
If we don't fall, we don't ever learn how to get up again.

Samson failed, but his end was a victory.
As you say, Peter failed, but his end was a victory.
Joseph ended up in prison...yet he was rained to second in the land.

A tree who is always sheltered from the wind never will grown deep roots.

Good post...thank you.

Appreciate your encouraging words.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Getting crowns is not about passing a test. It is reward for something done in the Spirit for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God.

Stranger

A spiritual test.

Deu 8:2 Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.

Genesis 1:1 (NIV)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A spiritual test.

Deu 8:2 Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.

Well, crowns are not the reward for this. I don't deny God puts the believer through trials and tests. It is not a pass/fail program as I said. God knows what is there. He does it to reveal it to you and to then get the desired results.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Well, crowns are not the reward for this. I don't deny God puts the believer through trials and tests. It is not a pass/fail program as I said. God knows what is there. He does it to reveal it to you and to then get the desired results.

Stranger

How are crowns and rewards not the result of passing His trials and tests? I would think they're linked.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, ask yourself why are we receiving crowns and rewards in the first place. Is it because of what we're doing on earth, trials and tests on earth?

Give Scripture to show why you think that.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Give Scripture to show why you think that.

Stranger

Why do you think he came down to earth in the flesh, 1 Tim 3:16, 2 Tim 1:10.

1 - CROWN 1 - CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS— LOVED THE LORD'S APPEARING - 2 Tim 4:8
2 - CROWN 2 - INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN— DISCIPLINED BODIES / SELF-CONTROL - 1 Cor 9:25-27
3 - CROWN 3 - CROWN OF LIFE— ENDURED PATIENTLY THRU TRIALS - James 1:12, Rev 2:10
4 - CROWN 4 - CROWN OF GLORY— GODLY LEADERS WHO WERE EXAMPLES TO FLOCK - 1 Pet 5:2-4
5 - CROWN 5 - CROWN OF REJOICING— SOUL WINNERS CROWN - 1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3
6 - CROWN & REWARDS— 6 FACTS:
7 - REWARDS FOR THOSE WHO WIN THE RACE,PRIZE OF ETERNAL LIFE Phil 3:12-14, 1 Cor 9:24-27
8 - REWARDS FROM JESUS FOR OVERCOMERS - 8 SCRIPTURES ON BEING AN OVERCOMER - Rev 21:7 (Rev 2:7, Rev 2:11, Rev 2:17, Rev 2:26, Rev 3:5, Rev 3:12, Rev 3:21, Rev 21:7)