How to know if we've passed the test

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think he came down to earth in the flesh, 1 Tim 3:16, 2 Tim 1:10.

Genesis 1:1 (NIV)

Genesis 1:1 (NIV)

1 - CROWN 1 - CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS— LOVED THE LORD'S APPEARING - 2 Tim 4:8
2 - CROWN 2 - INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN— DISCIPLINED BODIES / SELF-CONTROL - 1 Cor 9:25-27
3 - CROWN 3 - CROWN OF LIFE— ENDURED PATIENTLY THRU TRIALS - James 1:12, Rev 2:10
4 - CROWN 4 - CROWN OF GLORY— GODLY LEADERS WHO WERE EXAMPLES TO FLOCK - 1 Pet 5:2-4
5 - CROWN 5 - CROWN OF REJOICING— SOUL WINNERS CROWN - 1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3
6 - CROWN & REWARDS— 6 FACTS:
7 - REWARDS FOR THOSE WHO WIN THE RACE,PRIZE OF ETERNAL LIFE Phil 3:12-14, 1 Cor 9:24-27
8 - REWARDS FROM JESUS FOR OVERCOMERS - 8 SCRIPTURES ON BEING AN OVERCOMER - Rev 21:7 (Rev 2:7, Rev 2:11, Rev 2:17, Rev 2:26, Rev 3:5, Rev 3:12, Rev 3:21, Rev 21:7)

What does (1 Tim. 3:16) and (2 Tim. 1:10) have to do with this discussion?

What does (Gen. 1:1) have to do with this discussion?

Of your list, the only one I see that deals with rewards for trials, is (James 1:12) and (Rev. 2:10). So, before we go further, do you admit the book of James is written to Christians and is for the Christian?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Students know when they've passed when the teacher gives them their grade, but how do we know when the test is spiritual. Does anyone have any scripture or websites explaining the how? Thank you. - Heb
Test, God doesnt grade people, and there is no such thing as "pass" the test, you just learn and grow. Any one here to her earn rewards is here for all the wrong reasons.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Students know when they've passed when the teacher gives them their grade, but how do we know when the test is spiritual. Does anyone have any scripture or websites explaining the how? Thank you. - Heb
1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Test, God doesnt grade people, and there is no such thing as "pass" the test, you just learn and grow. Any one here to her earn rewards is here for all the wrong reasons.

Right mjr, so if we can't earn crowns and rewards by what we do on earth then why do we receive them?

Reactions: Helen

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Of your list, the only one I see that deals with rewards for trials, is (James 1:12) and (Rev. 2:10).

Every time this topic is brought up it turns out weird because crowns and rewards are spiritual and faith based, faith unseen. only God can see. only God knows what crowns and rewards truly mean in the afterlife, is probably why scripture describes it "as though somethin strange were happening to yuo"

1 Pet 4:12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Right mjr, so if we can't earn crowns and rewards by what we do on earth then why do we receive them?
probably because its is Gods good pleasure to do so, but if that is teh reason why you are in this than its all for selfish reasons, all about the flesh, this bit,

Luk 9:46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.
Luk 9:47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
Luk 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

everyone just wants to be king of teh hill, what was it thats written

Mat 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Mat 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first

So how does a believer become least and great in the kingdom, what commands is hee talking about

The Fulfillment of the Law

Matt 5:17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

God bless

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
man what drugs are you in. Jesus made it so simple mankind made it worse than a rubiks cube. everyone wants to impress God and He is not impressed

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, ask yourself why are we receiving crowns and rewards in the first place. Is it because of what we're doing on earth, trials and tests on earth?

Read what Paul says: "Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing." (II Timothy 4:8)
Crowns are given to those who persevere and remain faithful to Jesus - those who 'complete the course'. Think of them like the medals given to those who complete the London Marathon. All you have to do is cross the finish line! Now that probably will involve enduring suffering, resisting temptation and so on. These are 'tests and trials', but not in the sense of an exam that you can pass or fail. They are obstacles in our path that we have to overcome in order to reach our destination. If you're still travelling, then you're on course to get your crown!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time this topic is brought up it turns out weird because crowns and rewards are spiritual and faith based, faith unseen. only God can see. only God knows what crowns and rewards truly mean in the afterlife, is probably why scripture describes it "as though somethin strange were happening to yuo"

1 Pet 4:12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

I am not saying trials are not to be expected. They are. God has purpose in them irregardless of whether or not you see yourself as passing or failing in them.

Concerning your crowns, what crowns do you deserve? Why do you think we lay them at Jesus feet? Because even in our victories, it was Him and not us.

I see you did not want to answer my question concerning James and so removed it in the quote. But I will answer your verse anyway. (James 5:12) "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." The crown of life is for them love 'Him'. The blessing is for going through the trial. Nothing here about being pass/fail result.

Stranger

Reactions: Truth

Nov 2, 2016
USA
man what drugs are you in. Jesus made it so simple mankind made it worse than a rubiks cube. everyone wants to impress God and He is not impressed

lol u crack me up again mj im on h learning drug, but wouldnt that take free will away from mankind. The things we do in the body are not a reflection of crowns and rewards, 2 Cor 5 especially? God bles

2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Rev 20:13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

Reactions: Truth

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So what is considered "not traveling".

No longer following Jesus. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but 'giving up' ones discipleship means different things for different people. Do you still love Him? Do you still strive to obey Him? Ultimately only you can know if you are (still) a follower of Jesus.

How do we not go through the trial. Is that even possible? Is it even biblical to lose crowns and rewards at the Bema?

No, it's not possible to avoid all trials. God uses them to purify us and make us ready for His presence. No trials, no spiritual growth. See Hebrews 12:7-11. "If you are not disciplined - and everyone undergoes discipline - then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all!" (Hebrews 12:8)
I don't see how you can 'lose' something you haven't yet been given... but if you're really worried about not receiving your crown, then you should probably be praying for trials (James 1:12), not trying to avoid them!

Nov 2, 2016
USA
No longer following Jesus. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but 'giving up' ones discipleship means different things for different people. Do you still love Him? Do you still strive to obey Him? Ultimately only you can know if you are (still) a follower of Jesus.

How do we stop loving and following Jesus if we are sealed until redemption.

No, it's not possible to avoid all trials. God uses them to purify us and make us ready for His presence. No trials, no spiritual growth. See Hebrews 12:7-11. "If you are not disciplined - and everyone undergoes discipline - then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all!" (Hebrews 12:8) I don't see how you can 'lose' something you haven't yet been given... but if you're really worried about not receiving your crown, then you should probably be praying for trials (James 1:12), not trying to avoid them!

I think trials come whether we want them to or not, kind of like change.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank u Stranger. How do we not go through the trial. Is that even possible? Is it even biblical to lose crowns and rewards at the Bema?

Of course it is not possible. The trials are God's purpose for us. The trials are from God, not you. God knows what He wants out of them. And God always gets what He wants. Failing and passing are not the motive.

This is why all crowns are to be cast at the feet of Christ. For it is never our ability, but it is God Who created and performed in us what He wanted. (Rev. 4:10-11) The crowns we receive are not because of our good work. The crowns we receive are due to the work of God in us on our behalf.

Stranger

Reactions: Truth and lforrest

Nov 2, 2016
USA
The crowns we receive are not because of our good work. The crowns we receive are due to the work of God in us on our behalf.

but wouldn't that take free will away from mankind. the things we do in the body are not a reflection of crowns and rewards, 2 Cor 5 especially?

2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Rev 20:13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but wouldn't that take free will away from mankind. the things we do in the body are not a reflection of crowns and rewards, 2 Cor 5 especially?

No it doesn't take away the will of man. You willed to come to Jesus Christ, yet you willed only because God affected your will. Any good thing you think you will have done for Christ and the Kingdom will be the result of God's work in you. It won't be you doing good.

(Rev. 20:13) is not the believers judgement.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
No it doesn't take away the will of man. You willed to come to Jesus Christ, yet you willed only because God affected your will. Any good thing you think you will have done for Christ and the Kingdom will be the result of God's work in you. It won't be you doing good.

What are the consequences at the Bema for doing bad in the body?

(Rev. 20:13) is not the believers judgement.

I agree it's not the Bema, but I do believe it's for believers and nonbelievers who were born and have died in the 1000 yr reign.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
then you should probably be praying for trials (James 1:12)

If we're not receiving trials and tests isn't that a good thing. Doesn't that mean we're in God's will. Isn't life suppose to be joyful and good?

I don't even know
what I'm doing here.
Your whole life,
and here you are.
You have dementia,
my life is perfect.
Explain that to me.
Sometimes the devil
allows people
to live a life
free of trouble
The door's wide open
'til one day,
time runs out,
and the cell door
slams shut
and suddenly...
it's too late.

Read more: God's Not Dead (2014) Movie Script | SS

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the consequences at the Bema for doing bad in the body?

I agree it's not the Bema, but I do believe it's for believers and nonbelievers who were born and have died in the 1000 yr reign.

Lots of smoke.

(Rev. 20:13) is the Great White Throne Judgement. It is not for believers.

Stanger