How to pronounce YHWH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Having a background in Judiahism, we dare not pronouce his name.
Isaiah 52:6 (WEB):
(6) Therefore my people shall know my name. Therefore they shall know in that day that I am he who speaks. Behold, it is I.”​

Exodus 3:15 (WEB):
(15) God said moreover to Moses, “You shall tell the children of Israel this, ‘Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is my memorial to all generations.​

Exodus 9:13-16 (WEB):
(13) Yahweh said to Moses, “Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and tell him, ‘This is what Yahweh, the God of the Hebrews, says: “Let my people go, that they may serve me.​
(14) For this time I will send all my plagues against your heart, against your officials, and against your people; that you may know that there is no one like me in all the earth.​
(15) For now I would have stretched out my hand, and struck you and your people with pestilence, and you would have been cut off from the earth;​
(16) but indeed for this cause I have made you stand: to show you my power, and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth;​

Malachi 1:11 (KNJV):
(11) For from the rising of the sun even to its going in, My name shall be great among the nations; and everywhere incense shall be offered to My name, and a pure food offering. For My name shall be great among the nations, says Jehovah of Hosts.​

God said He wanted His name declared throughout the whole earth, and for all generations.

Jesus said, in prayer to God, John 17:6 (WEB):
(6) I revealed your name to the people whom you have given me out of the world. They were yours, and you have given them to me. They have kept your word.​

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the videos. Please provide some highlight quotations from them.
Why are people so lazy? It will take you less time to watch the videos than it will take me to go through them and extract text.

Matthew 7:7 (WEB):
(7) “Ask, and it will be given you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and it will be opened for you.​

Here's a short extract from the first video:

If you were looking at the ancient scroll and you just said the consonant sound without any vowels, which is beautiful because God tells us to not add to it or subtract from it, so how much more His Holy Name, if you just said the consonants, you would say "yah hah vah", and it's just like breath coming off. Even that root of 'hava', which Yahavah comes from, you have multiple words that come out of that, because 'av' is 'father', you hear "av" in that, and "hava" means 'self-existent', the 'self-existent breath of life', and 'ahava' in the hebrew is 'love'. So literally when you say it that way it comes off your tongue like breath, and you are hearing in the Hebrew tongue "self-existent father of love". So we know that a name reflects a character.​
John 17:26 (WEB):​
(26) I made known to them your name, and will make it known; that the love with which you loved me may be in them, and I in them.”​
Now here's the key indicator. So what he's telling the Father, I've made your name known to my disciples, and John is one of his disciples, and Yeshua says the reason I've made your name known is so that the love which you have loved me with can be in them. So his name, His holy name, has a direct correlation with love.​

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is standard scholarly practice. I prefer to debate people who are precise and scholarly.
Were Jesus apostles scholarly? They were precise, but only because Jesus had taught these mostly humble fishermen all that they needed to know. To the Jewish leadership they were “uneducated and ordinary” because they had not attended the Rabbinical Schools. Christendom has adopted the same attitude…..

What is a scholar after all? One who has availed themselves of knowledge about a subject at a deeper level than most and can convey that knowledge to others. Debate among scholars doesn’t meant any one of them has the truth…it simply means that their studies have led them to different conclusions. Pick a scholar and you choose their opinion…that’s all.

Reactions: TheHC

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the Second Temple period (535 b.c. to 70 a.d.), Michael Marlowe:

Wiki:

Centuries later, Wiki:

The Masoretes were guessing when they added vowel marks to the tetragrammaton.

More centuries later, King James Bible translated it as "Jehovah".

Today, Wiki:

I would follow the ancient Israelite practice. I would not write or say "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" except in the academic/educational contexts. I would write either "the LORD" or "YHWH".

It is not YHWH, nor Yahweh.

There are 5 Acrostics hidden in one of the Old Testament Books that reveal His real Name. I will not discuss that here.

• Sad
Reactions: The Learner