How to stop confessing sin.... another view.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you understand that this is a STORY, its Symbolic, and the Cross is Not a Story, its LITERAL?

Now, about that story.
The Father, put the BEST ROBE on the Prodigal.
This Robe is symbolic of "God's only begotten SON being sent to the CROSS for your sin and mine".

That HUG the Father gave to the Prodigal, is the "Gift of Salvation" That The Cross of Christ Provides us.

The RING the Father gave the Prodigal, is a FAMILY certification, that is the Blood of Jesus that is the NEW COVENANT which allows the BELIEVER to become a part of God's Family.. "Son/Daughter of God".

Heir of God
Son of God
Joint Heir with Jesus
You have overlayed your own theory on Jesus' story.
This story of Jesus' has no hint of wrathful Justice.....the which you are attempting to weave into it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If Jesus needed to die for God to forgive as you say then he could have let him die when Herod killed the babies earlier on..

I keep trying to hear something come out of you in a post, that resembles what a Christian would say.

Listen, Jesus had to fulfill the LAW, and He could not do that as an infant. He had to live as an adult to complete that fulfillment.

Also, the BIBLE is many things, and one of them is 'PROPHECY">.. and Jesus was prophecied in the Old Testament.
He had to fulfill all these Prophecies, and there are over 100, and some them them were..... to "die on a Tree", "being Pierced", after His "Clothes were gambled away".
So, .. Jesus on the Cross, as the New Covenant, as the Messiah, as the Son of God, as the virgin born.......all of this had to happen, as God's word is TRUE, and Jesus is the Son of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In just a cursory check I cannot find any such teachings of scripture anywhere.

All my Theology comes from Paul.

So, If you post a quote of mine that you feel isn't in the NT, i'll post the verses for you, so that you dont have to stay in your confusion.
Or, if that is too much for you, then just ask me a QUESTiON regarding what is giving you issues, based on my Post or Thread.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You have overlayed your own theory on Jesus' story.
This story of Jesus' has no hint of wrathful Justice..

The Cross is God Mercy, on You.
Its God justice laid on Jesus, in your Place.

Jesus is the Sacrifice for all your sin.

"there is no greater love then for a man to lay down His life for His friend".

Yet God's love is Greater, as God laid down the Life of His Only Begotten Son, Jesus THE CHRIST, for the sin of the world.....and that means God's enemies.

See it yet?
That's the Cross.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This story of Jesus' has no hint of wrathful Justice.....the which you are attempting to weave into it.

And He went a little farther, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as Thou wilt.”
ASV
And he went forward a little, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass away from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt.
AMP
And after going a little farther, He fell face down and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible [that is, consistent with Your will], let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”
AMPC
And going a little farther, He threw Himself upon the ground on His face and prayed saying, My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will [not what I desire], but as You will and desire.
BRG
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
CSB
Going a little farther, he fell facedown and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
CEB
Then he went a short distance farther and fell on his face and prayed, “My Father, if it’s possible, take this cup of suffering away from me. However—not what I want but what you want.”
CJB
Going on a little farther, he fell on his face, praying, “My Father, if possible, let this cup pass from me! Yet — not what I want, but what you want!”

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All my Theology comes from Paul.

So, If you post a quote of mine that you feel isn't in the NT, i'll post the verses for you, so that you dont have to stay in your confusion.
Or, if that is too much for you, then just ask me a QUESTiON regarding what is giving you issues, based on my Post or Thread.

If it was from scripture it would have been taught for 2000 years already. Obviously, every false teaching is also based on scripture, but most, if almost all come long after the Patristic era of the NT. I didn't find any such teachings in the first 1500 years of the existence of scripture. So where is this view come from, who first promulgated this view? Or is it your personal enlighten theory?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If it was from scripture it would have been taught for 2000 years already. Obviously, every false teaching

Liars never quote me, they just insinuate some circular reasoning rant.
Do you understand yourself, yet?
I do..
So, again, if you have a quote of mine, i can explain it, with scripture, even for someone who is dishonest, like you, Rightglory.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I keep trying to hear something come out of you in a post, that resembles what a Christian would say.
yes, the narrative of what 'a Christian would say' has surely obscured God's character!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its God justice laid on Jesus, in your Place.
God's justice and God's wrath has a different flavour to that which you are attempting to portray.
The flavour you are trying to portray is that of the deductions of sinful man; ie that of the world where revenge needs to be extracted and appeasement takes the form of blood before the scores are even. Isn't that the basis of all the pagan gods?

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liars never quote me, they just insinuate some circular reasoning rant.
Do you understand yourself, yet?
I do..
So, again, if you have a quote of mine, i can explain it, with scripture, even for someone who is dishonest, like you, Rightglory.
In other words you cannot answer the questions. It's obviously your own personal theory and has no basis for the correct understanding of scripture. It has no creditable history to be authentic teachings of scripture.
It is not of the Holy Spirit who gave the Gospel once for all time, Jude 3, no need for additions. There have been many false teachers and teachings over time and for me this is just another one.
This has already been shown by several other posters.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And He went a little farther, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as Thou wilt.”
yes, Jesus knew what men would do to him yet he submitted to them nevertheless......for in this God revealed his glory (in submission) In this love was manifest....where being pushed to the limit by men and demons he did not retaliate with overt power and force.
That's why Jesus didn't die in Herod's slaughter or in Gethsemane. The watching Universe both faithful and rebellious saw the heart of God when backed against the wall....love was on display as never before disarming force and domination.....while revealing the self destructive nature of revenge or payback including the harbouring of thoughts and feelings of that nature endemic in the natural man.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it certainly doesn't tell me say I am wrong by the scriptures you've quoted
It certainly does say you are wrong.

JOhn 3 shows Gods wrath abides on many in mankind.

Romans 5 shows that we were enemies of God, not God was an enemy of us though He was.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHRISTianity is : Spiritual

Its not your body., as your body is not spiritual, is not born again, and that is why its "dead because of sin".

The body is dead because of sin and the old man of sin is crucified with Christ and you are made free from sin.
But the body houses the person. It is not the physical body that thinks and sins- it is the old man, the soul man that does that.

When one is born again, their spirit is made alive again (the natural man is only body and soul). We still have a soul and still can sin if we walk according to the natural inclination of man.

The flesh does not always mean the natural physical body in Scripture. It also means the natural man (soul ) and its evil. An unbeliever can do nothing but sin, the saved man can choose to sin or not sin. And when we do sin, 1 JOhn 1:9 is for the saved man.