How to stop confessing sin.... another view.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
our fellowship can be broken if we walk in the flesh.

Salvation does not allow that to happen.
Why?

its because the Blood Atonement, (The Cross of Christ) always keeps God in perfect peace with US.

See that?

We dont establish WHY God takes us......Its the CROSS that has Established our RELATIONSHIP with GOD to begin with and forever.

God is never angry with the born again, and God is always in perfect peace with the Born again.
The CROSS of CHRIST is the reason......THe Blood of Jesus is the Reason.

"where SIN abounds GRACE more Abounds".....always....always...always.

Have you ever Betrayed Jesus 3 times when He needed your support, because they were about to murder Him on the Cross?

PETER DID.

How did Jesus treat Him? Was "fellowship broken"?
Never.

That GOD's mercy, and its AMAZING GRACE...........and its the same for US........its always the same for us.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald...

regarding being 'IN Christ"....born again.

The """"""body is dead because of sin""""""., and is going into a hole in the ground, or into a hot oven.
The mind is not born again, and has to be "renewed".

So, what is left?
What is left?

All that is left is the BORN AGAIN Spirit.

Where is it?
Is it in a forest filled with Trolls?
Is it in a Castle made of sand?

No, its in GOD's Spirit.........born again in there.

See that? That is the Son/Daughter of God.........born again..... and there is no sin there.
Why?
"Because GOD has made Jesus to be SIN for us". and by that the born again Spirit is "made righteous" and become "one with God".

No sin found there, and that is where the BORN AGAIN exist, right now.... "seated in Heavenly places" "in Christ".

See that? That is the "new Creation" "in Christ".

That is the REAL "CHRISTian"...... not your body, or your behavior, or your thinking.
But that born again spirit lives within this body of sin and death! Our spirit was dead in trespasses and sins and was made alive the moment we were regenerated by the Spirit.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

its because the Blood Atonement, (The Cross of Christ) always keeps God in perfect peace with US.

See that?

We dont establish WHY God takes us......Its the CROSS that has Established our RELATIONSHIP with GOD to begin with and forever.

God is never angry with the born again, and God is always in perfect peace with the Born again.

Have you ever Betrayed Jesus 3 times when He needed your support, because they were about to murder Him on the Cross?

PETER DID.

Never.

That GOD's mercy, and its AMAZING GRACE...........and its the same for US........its always the same for us.
YOu are falsely associating things in Scripture. Yes god is at perfect peace with us. god will never get angry with His children again, for He poured His wrath on Jesus. but though we cannot break our relationship with our heavenly Father, we most certainly can break fellowship with HIm because of sin. sin mars our fellowship- not our relationship. If you knew the difference between positional reality and experiential reality you would know that instead of making up these eccentric theories.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YOu are falsely associating things in Scripture. Yes god is at perfect peace with us. god will never get angry with His children again, for He poured His wrath on Jesus. but though we cannot break our relationship with our heavenly Father, we most certainly can break fellowship with HIm because of sin. sin mars our fellowship- not our relationship. If you knew the difference between positional reality and experiential reality you would know that instead of making up these eccentric theories.
God was angry with us?....I doubt it. We were angry with God is more like it.
God poured his wrath out on Jesus?.....I doubt it. We poured our wrath out on God. It was us who killed Jesus.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was angry with us?....I doubt it. We were angry with God is more like it.
God poured his wrath out on Jesus?.....I doubt it. We poured our wrath out on God. It was us who killed Jesus.
Sorry but the bible says you are wrong!

JOhn 3:

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Romans 5

King James Version

5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry but the bible says you are wrong!

JOhn 3:

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Romans 5​

King James Version​

5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
it certainly doesn't tell me say I am wrong by the scriptures you've quoted

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But that born again spirit lives within this body of sin and death!

CHRISTianity is : Spiritual

Its not your body., as your body is not spiritual, is not born again, and that is why its "dead because of sin".

The body is dead because of sin and the old man of sin is crucified with Christ and you are made free from sin.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I screw up and I know it, it's good to admit it and say, "I'm sorry". Not that my trespasses against God and my fellow human beings aren't atoned for, or that God hasn't or won't forgive me if I don't, it's just .... something I need to do. That's how relationships (and healthy human psychology) work.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Reactions: quietthinker

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When I screw up and I know it, it's good to admit it and say, "I'm sorry".

What's wrong with that...
Arn't you sorry?

However, if a born again Christian is confessing the deed, because they believe they lose their salvation if they don't , or if they are confessing to get themselves "re-forgiven" or "saved again".
See that mess?
That is a total misunderstanding, an actual lack of understanding regarding why Jesus died on the Cross to accomplish this..

2 Corinthians 5:19

Romans 4:8

And the reason most believers do not know, is because they have not been taught anything other then..>"you will sin and you must confess" and that is useless.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God poured his wrath out on Jesus?....

Yes.

God judged Jesus for your sin.
Jesus's Cross is God's Judgment against your sin.

Before Jesus was arrested He had a conversation with His Father.
Christ knew He was sent to this world to die for its sin, so that by His death God could accept us.
However, Jesus knew what was coming.....the beating, the whipping, the Cross.....all of this TORTURE.
He said to His Father..>"if it be possible let this CUP pass from ME".

The "Cup" is the symbol of the JUDGMENT that was to be literally poured out on Him, as that CROSS that He died on to pay for your sin.

This verse..>"God hath made JESUS to be SIN for us"....

That is God's JUDGEMENT.... "the CUP"........ "The CROSS".... paying for our sin.

Jesus the MAN, tho Deity, understood the torture that was coming.
Heaven sent Him a helper, who comforted Jesus, as His "Passion" was beginning to begin.
-
an-angel-comforting-jesus-before-his-arrest-in-the-garden-of-gethsemane-carl-bloch.jpeg

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's wrong with that...
Arn't you sorry?

However, if a born again Christian is confessing the deed, because they believe they lose their salvation if they don't , or if they are confessing to get themselves "re-forgiven" or "saved again".
See that mess?
It's a different mindset. Trust versus fear.

I know that mess all too well. Trust is healthier. The theology behind it? That's to provide a rationale as to why we can trust (if we need a reason).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's a different mindset. Trust versus fear.

I know that mess all too well. Trust is healthier. The theology behind it? That's to provide a rationale as to why we can trust (if we need a reason).

I was going to respond to your point, but, as i wrote a Thread about it, i'll just post it, as all my Threads interlock and support each other
-
-

Lets say a person is born again.... Not just water baptized and religious.

This person then, heard that Jesus died for their sin, and they are a sinner needing to be saved.
They heard this "Gospel"... as "faith comes by hearing"...... and they BELIEVED.... and God accepted their faith, and gave them Salvation, which is forgiveness of sin and eternal life. = Born again. 'Made righteous".. "one with God"..."in Christ".

How then is it, that a sinner, who knows nothing about the bible.......no theology......came to God, in Faith, and 2 yrs later, is teaching...>"you have to do works to stay saved"... "you have to not willfully sin to stay saved".... 'you must now keep the Law"... "you must now keep the commandments to go to heaven"...

You have to ....."do.....do......do......do.......do.......do.......do.......do, to stay saved........
Yet, the day they went to the Cross and met Jesus, they'd not done any of that and God saved them...... and they became happy, and knew they were going to heaven....and they were RIGHT.

So, how did they FALL from that knowing......into......>>SELF SAVING Deception, that they are now TEACHING? ???????????
How do they go from....."thank you Jesus for saving me".........to now be found on a Forum falsely teaching..>"now here is what you have to do to be saved and stay saved" and they never mention THE CROSS in 1000 posts and 100 Threads.

How did that happen to them?

= THE DEVIL.

That's how..... = He came to them using a person, a commentary, John Calvin... a church, a Pope,... a CULT..... and stripped them of Fatih in Jesus, and now has them up on the Cross of their own Self Righteousness, trying to stay saved., and that is what they TEACH you to do.

This is a DARK LIGHT........ LUKE 11:35

Now.....See this verse?

Hebrews 13:9...

This verse explains how that happened, and how to prevent it., And its shows you what will happen to you, if you dont do what it says to do with your HEART OF FAITH.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes.

God judged Jesus for your sin.
Jesus's Cross is God's Judgment against your sin.

Before Jesus was arrested He had a conversation with His Father.
Christ knew He was sent to this world to die for its sin, so that by His death God could accept us.
However, Jesus knew what was coming.....the beating, the whipping, the Cross.....all of this TORTURE.
He said to His Father..>"if it be possible let this CUP pass from ME".

The "Cup" is the symbol of the JUDGMENT that was to be literally poured out on Him, as that CROSS that He died on to pay for your sin.

This verse..>"God hath made JESUS to be SIN for us"....

That is God's JUDGEMENT.... "the CUP"........ "The CROSS".... paying for our sin.

Jesus the MAN, tho Deity, understood the torture that was coming.
Heaven sent Him a helper, who comforted Jesus, as His "Passion" was beginning to begin.
-
View attachment 31260
Jesus came to our world to show us God's character (what he is really like).....and what did he show us? that God tortured and killed his Son because he was so miffed with us he had to get his murderous wrath out on somebody?
Isn't that the picture Satan wants you to have of God? ...to be fearful of the Father? He showed us a condescension like no other, not one who required his pound of flesh, so to speak.

Have we forgotten the story Jesus crafted of the character of God in the Prodigal Son? Who was the wrathful one? Wasn't it the older brother who thought his Father was out of order welcoming the profligate? ....and who does the older brother typify?
Did the Father welcome him out of obligation or some other shady reason? He ran and embraced his son because of a far deeper river running inside him and did what he could to change the image the son had of himself. He definitely didn't have wrathful feelings or thinking towards him.....and he wanted all to know how he felt by having a party to end all parties.

We are valuable to God.....enough to allow us to murder him.
Now if your wife set out to murder you, would you let her? .....whatever you answer, doesn't that say something about you?.....and who does your answer align with most, the Father of the older brother?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus came to our world to show us God's character (what he is really like).....and what did he show us? that God tortured and killed his Son because he was so miffed with us he had to get his murderous wrath out on somebody?

God was not angry with Jesus, who was sent to the Cross by God.

God, who is Living Holiness, requires Justice, against the sin of the this world........who are "ALL have SINNED".

So, Jesus was sacrificed for the sin of the world, so that by this Blood Atonement, we can be forgiven our sin, and restored to Spiritual Relationship with God, for eternity. = Born again.

Jesus came from Heaven to become one of us, to die for all of us on the Cross, so that We can ALL be forgiven, and become a part of God's eternal Family.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Have we forgotten the story Jesus crafted of the character of God in the Prodigal Son? Who was the wrathful one? Wasn't it the older brother who thought his Father was out of order welcoming the profligate? ..

Do you understand that this is a STORY, its Symbolic, and the Cross is Not a Story, its LITERAL?

Now, about that story.
The Father, put the BEST ROBE on the Prodigal.
This Robe is symbolic of "God's only begotten SON being sent to the CROSS for your sin and mine".

That HUG the Father gave to the Prodigal, is the "Gift of Salvation" That The Cross of Christ Provides us.

The RING the Father gave the Prodigal, is a FAMILY certification, that is the Blood of Jesus that is the NEW COVENANT which allows the BELIEVER to become a part of God's Family.. "Son/Daughter of God".

Heir of God
Son of God
Joint Heir with Jesus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are valuable to God.....enough to allow us to murder him.

We did not murder Jesus.

Jesus said.. "no man/person takes my life, i lay it down FREELY">

"FREELY" means Sacrificially .

= "Jesus is the one time Eternal SACRIFICE for sin"..

How was Jesus sacrificed? = "God hath made JESUS to be SIN FOR US".....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God was not angry with Jesus, who was sent to the Cross by God.

God, who is Living Holiness, requires Justice, against the sin of the this world........who are "ALL have SINNED".

So, Jesus was sacrificed for the sin of the world, so that by this Blood Atonement, we can be forgiven our sin, and restored to Spiritual Relationship with God, for eternity. = Born again.

Jesus came from Heaven to become one of us, to die for all of us on the Cross, so that We can ALL be forgiven, and become a part of God's eternal Family.
If Jesus needed to die for God to forgive as you say then he could have let him die when Herod killed the babies earlier on....or in the garden of Gethsemane? ....but an angel revived him.

It raises the question, why did Jesus die in the most brutal way imaginable (that's what his torture and cruxifixction were intended for)

.....and incidentally, from your reply here it tells me you see Living Holiness as being wrathful in the face of infractions. I would ask, was God wrathful when A&E blew it in the garden? Didn't he chase them up with better clothing than they could stitch together?.....didn't he promise he would implement a solution?.......that's hardly your definition of justice. It seems Justice for you is unmitigated revenge?....bloodlust?

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

See that?

PETER DID.

Never.

I can understand someone reading scripture and arriving at a particular view and later finding that the meaning was different than he thought.
You seem to be trying to promote a view that is quite modern and new. In just a cursory check I cannot find any such teachings of scripture anywhere. Who promulgated this view in the past? Where does it come from?
It was not taught in the early Church and has not ever been a teaching of the Church prior to the Reformation. It was not taught by the Reformers in the 16th century, so who originated this view.?