How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the stability of my mind I will still hold onto a hope that some may learn righteousness there. If I have to give up my bankey I will do it when it falls apart.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I know is brother......there are a lot of things you're not rightly dividing.
let that thought circulate in your mind as in..."I know I'm right, I know I'm right".... And judge me as if you had any understanding at all.

Go for it! Enjoy...

For me it's more like "Lizbeth is my sister, Lizbeth is my sister"! ;)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not one scripture..but MANY that connect up to say something much bigger. If you start a thread on it...I will contribute. Do you know what the difference is between the Bride of Christ, and the guests (the bad and good) who are invited to attend?

God hides His ways....but it is the honour of kings to search them out.

That's the law of righteousness.

But there is an EXACT verse in the Septuagint.

Prov. 11:31 which reads

εἰ ὁ μὲν δίκαιος μόλις σῴζεται ὁ ἀσεβὴς καὶ ἁμαρτωλὸς ποῦ φανεῖται

Translation...

Proverbs 11:31 (LXX)​

31 If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

These could all be speaking of the same book in different titles. Much like this one:

“Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.” (Psalms 69:28)

These written in the “book of the living” are righteous. There is no other book they are written in…

The scriptures often speak of things in different terms.
THE TWO BOOKS OF GOD

A. God has revealed Himself in two ways.

1. nature (i.e., creation, cf. Ps.19:1-6; called "natural revelation")

2. Scripture (cf. Ps. 19:7-14; called "special revelation")

B. There are two books mentioned in Dan. 7:10 and Rev. 20:12.

1. The "book of deeds" contains all the motives and acts of humans, both good and bad. In a sense it is a metaphor of God's memory and that one day all humans will give an account to their Creator of their stewardship of the gift of life.

a. Psalm 56:8; 139:16

b. Isaiah 65:6

c. Malachi 3:16

d. Revelation 20:12-13

2. The "book of life" lists those who have a faith/repentant/obedient relationship with YHWH/Jesus. This is a metaphor of God's memory of those who are redeemed and heaven-bound.

a. Exodus 32:32-33

b. Psalm 69:28

c. Isaiah 4:3

d. Daniel 12:1

e. Philippians 4:3

f. Hebrews 12:23

g. Revelation 3:5; 13:8; 17:8; 20:12,15; 21:27

h. also mentioned in I Enoch 47:3; 81:1-2; 103:2; 108:3

These books represent God's faithfulness to His Word. For those who rebel and refuse, He remembers their sins; for those who repent, believe, obey, serve, and persevere, He forgets their sins (cf. Ps. 103:11-13; Isa. 1:18; 38:17; 43:25; 44:22; Micah 7:19). This gives abundant assurance and confidence in God's unchanging, merciful character, promises, and provisions. God is trustworthy! What He has revealed about Himself is true!

Shalom--you have a biblical name.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's sure not against any law for a person to speak in their own language. And haven't you heard that we're not wrestling with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities. THEY know what is being said, as does God.

Besides, it's an opportunity to learn. Why don't you look up some of those words.

Is. 4:3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:
"In that day" This refers to a future time when YHWH comes (for blessing or judgment) to His people (cf. Isa. 2:2,11,12,20; 3:7,18; 4:1,2). This is a recurrent theme in Isaiah. It is hard to be certain if this referred in Isaiah's mind to

restoration from exile by Zerubabbel and Joshua in the Persian period (i.e., Ezra and Nehemiah)
restoration by the Maccabees in the Seleucid period
Jesus' first coming (inauguration of the New Age)
Jesus' second coming (consummation of the New Age)
Notice how the Prophet swings from radical, complete judgment to radical complete forgiveness and restoration! This is typical in the prophetic literature. One could not be presented without the other! The purpose of judgment is always restoration.

"the Branch of the Lord" To describe this title (BDB 855, Targums interpreted it as the Messiah) let me quote from my commentary on Daniel and Zechariah where the term is also used (but just a note of caution, we must be careful about assigning a technical meaning everywhere a word or phrase is used-context, context, context is crucial). This term may have developed over time from a reference to ideal abundance to God's special Servant who will restore that abundance (i.e., a shoot, a branch).

Let me share notes from my commentary on Zechariah.

Zech. 3:8 "the Branch" This may be "sprout" (BDB 855). This is another Messianic title (cf. Isa. 6:12; Isa. 4:2; 11:1; 53:2; Jer. 23:5; 33:15).

 This title is used of Zerubbabel in Isa. 6:12 as a symbol of the royal Davidic line. It is surprising that it is used in this context, which emphasizes the priestly aspect of the Messiah. The twin aspects of redeemer (priestly, cf. Isaiah 53) and administrative leader (kingly, cf. Isa. 9:6-7) are merged in the book of Zechariah (cf. chapter 4).

Zech. 6:12 "Branch" This word (BDB 855) means "sprout" (cf. Isa. 3:8; 6:12; Isa. 4:2; 11:1; 53:2; Jer. 23:5; 33:15). This is a title for the Messiah. In Zechariah it refers to Zerubbabel as a type of the Messiah (cf. Ibn Ezra and Rashi). The name, Zerubbabel, in Akkadian, means "shoot of Babylon." This was possibly a play on his name since he rebuilt the temple in 516 b.c., but it is really an ultimate reference to Jesus. This title and the matching verb ("will branch out," Qal imperfect) appear together in this verse.

A description of YHWH's "Branch" (NKJV, NRSV, JB)

beautiful, BDB 840, cf. Jer. 3:19 (often used of Promised Land in Dan. 8:9; 11:16,41)
glorious, BDB 458 means "abundance," "honor," and "glory" ("glory," BDB 802, also in this verse)
These two terms are often used together (cf. Isa. 13:19; 28:1,4,5).

Some versions take this verse as a reference to plant growth in the period of restoration (LXX, Peshitta, TEV, NJB, REB, NET Bible). In a sense the Messiah and the age of restoration are lexically linked (first part of Isa. 4:2; second part fruitful Promised Land).

"the survivors of Israel" Isaiah addresses them and describes them often (cf. Isa. 10:20; 37:31,32; , but which group did he address? See opening comment on Isa. 4:2.

The Spirit is the true author of Scripture. In prophecy and apocalyptic passages often the human author did not fully realize the full extent of his own messages. I do think this means that these passages had multiple meanings (i.e., Sensus Plenior), but that progressive revelation clarified the intended meaning. Often the concept of multiple fulfillment is what links the full intent of the Spirit's message (i.e., Isa. 7:14). However, proper hermeneutics must begin with "authorial intent" as the place to begin and evaluate an interpretation of any biblical text and any genre.

4:3 This verse is probably what caused the Jews of Jeremiah's day who were not exiled to view themselves as YHWH's favored people, but Ezekiel shows this was not the case. YHWH would primarily deal with the returnees (cf. Ezra and Nehemiah).

"everyone who is recorded for life in Jerusalem" There are two interpretive issues.

Is this referring to life in Jerusalem the capital of Judah or "new Jerusalem," the symbol of the new age (cf. Revelation 21)? Is it historical or eschatological?

That's the question-------^^^^^^^^^^

4:4 This verse has two metaphors for spiritual cleansing.

washing
wash away, BDB 934, KB 122, Qal perfect
purged (lit. "rinsed away"), BDB 188, KB 216, Hiphil imperfect (had sacrificial connotation, cf. 2 Chr. 4:6; Ezek. 40:38)
fire
by a spirit of judgment, cf. Isa. 28:6
by a spirit of burning, cf. Isa. 1:31; 9:19
It is quite possible that "spirit" (ruah) should be understood as a violent, destructive wind of YHWH's judgment. Judah will be judged and cleansed of her willful rebellion.
Utley

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's sure not against any law for a person to speak in their own language. And haven't you heard that we're not wrestling with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities. THEY know what is being said, as does God.

Besides, it's an opportunity to learn. Why don't you look up some of those words.
Pourquoi es-tu si obtus en ce moment? Est-ce parce que tu cherches à encourager les corbeaux?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me you still are misunderstanding him. I found this as I was reading another thread....it's from your post #520 on Sanctification is Not a Process.

Perhaps you could learn more if you use your own advice.
lol. I posted the passage which PROVED what I said. And also how he did not refute what I said..

Why don;t you learn some discernment instead of blindly following someone

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Pourquoi es-tu si obtus en ce moment? Est-ce parce que tu cherches à encourager les corbeaux?
Why are you so obtuse right now? Is it because you seek to encourage the crows?--you have a way of talking down on every person on this platform not agreeing with you--now @Lizbeth is seeking to encourage crows?---are you a crow?

Let me submit to you that you don't know Hebrew, nor French, for that matter.
I am really starting to laugh AT you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #191 you asked him and he replied in #193

From what I've read, he has answered you but it seems you are not satisfied with the answer.
Actually I did answer him
so I get this straight. This looks like one way. not many ways as you seemed to be saying?
Instead of trying to defend people. maybe you should open your mind about what is actually being said.

Reactions: Johann

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When he said TO GOD he wasn't talking about ways but dimension!! READ what he says...then you won't misunderstand. You are the only one talking about WAYS TO GOD, he talks about WAYS OF GOD. I've read the posts, have you?
dimension? What?? I have NEVER heard anyone say anything about any dimension to God. let alone only one. Does he just pull thgis stuff out of the blue sky and make up new things?

TO GOD..

Yes I have read his posts.

I have been reading his posts for years now. and he has not changed his tune.

You another one of his disciples who wants to defend him??

PS. he believes in faith PLUS works..

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so obtuse right now? Is it because you seek to encourage the crows?--you have a way of talking down on every person on this platform not agreeing with you--now @Lizbeth is seeking to encourage crows?---are you a crow?

Para bola que te estoy hablando, ¿no escuchaste?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a beauty. I have corrected everything you say...Because you have no understanding of what I say or what you read in the bible.

You are confusing Jesus as the ONE Mediator between the Father and us...with your own pride and presumptions. Can you read that again....and again....etc.

You don't know how to read....at least not able to comprehend ideas...because you do as the Pharisees do...you read yourself into the text in ALL dishonesty. Then you are surprised when you muddle everything you hear.

So you will twist my words the way you twist the meaning of the bible. A classic ego religionist.

I am not confusing one mediator to god at all

If Jesus is the one mediator. Then we are saved through him. As he mediates for us. Thats WHY we have eternal life.

Do you believe this?

You forget I have been listening to you for years now..
Your reading comprehension is so poor...I have NO TIME to tutor you.

You are lost in a religious fog of darkness.

Drop the religious facade and come to the light! Go to the cross...
tutor me?

What a joke. You are so full of yourself..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sorry, you misunderstand. In post #323 I saw that Eternally Grateful was having problems reading what she posted. It's about reading skills. I don't know where she got the quote that she pulled up and I wasn't involved in that conversation so you'd have to you to the source for an answer. From my view, she keeps twisting Epi's words, she's misunderstanding.
Like he twists continually everyone elses words. Claiming they do things HE DOES.. claiming they believe things THEY DO NOT

You are a true disciple. You only see everyone elses flaws. You do not see the flaws of your discipler.. Thats a pure sin of being blind and following blindly.

If you can;t correct your own people when they do the things they accuse others of. Then you are enslaved

PS she is a he!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

LOL You are not very lekker in your understanding.. Everything is backwards with you.

Yes...I laugh. Let's play your childish game. You don't know any Afrikaans at all. You make up words to NOT try impressing others. You are very mature... etc.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It hasn't escaped my notice that whenever you feel backed up against a wall and proven wrong you begin to lash out with accusations. I'm the only one who knows my life and so I know when you are accusing me falsely, so by that alone I know you are not hearing from the Lord.

But why such a strong need to lash out.....all you have to do is change your mind.....God is not a harsh taskmaster that he would refuse someone's repentance and refuse to graciously forgive. On the contrary, a humble and contrite heart he will not despise. I'm sure we've all been wrong at times and corrected and tweeked by the Lord at different times on the journey. I know I have. Better to do it now than later when it is too late. I'm saying this only out of concern.
thats the way it works. he lashes out, then his people lash out. Mob mentality..

Reactions: Johann and Lizbeth
Status
Not open for further replies.