How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’ve sunk to the point that it can’t work. If you have more men to hand out and oversee more poison, it’s not going to do anything but poison more.
All I can think to do is start with a prophet at this point. Someone has to have the vision to begin to restore. What you do past that I can’t imagine…unless it’s to grow in unity and let the Spirit work…

There has to come a point where at least someone sees it’s not working and dares to stand up and say so. Someone has to eventually say, but where is the God of Paul?.?!
The poison comes from the “ prophet” with no accountability. There are no lone rangers in the real church as God doesn’t use such men filled with pride with no accountability.
Wake up man!
I’m always awake and know my New Testament. Your prophets no longer exist. We’ll take that back the NT speaks much about false prophets.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. But only by abiding in Christ. In Him is no sin. There is a mystery here that unless you have experienced resurrection life...still the greatest secret in the world... you will never believe it.

I think unbelievers understand this better because they haven't learned to limit God by becoming religious and reciting dogma.

I walked with God BEFORE going to a church institution...so I wasn't indoctrinated into limiting God.

I'm very thankful for that. But I never fit in with the religiously converted people.
I do understand being set in with a set string of truths that composes our core foundation for our raison d'etre and believing and in faith in this truth, that appears to be immovable and then after a time this truth must be reset to a new location as a new norm in truth. And the resistance to see and do this can be great at times. And this concept can be readily transferred to what we believe in, concerning scripture and the institutions we grew up in, and even concerning the nature of God himself. I've experienced this gap(s) before and have to make some adjustments. It is good for the soul I say...and we gain in knowledge and maturity in the Spirit. It's a win win situation for my spirit and pleases God that we have swallowed our pride and listened in the long run.

Although knowing all this I do not want to blanket those of different thinking as inferior in any way if they stay intransigent as WE see it. I'm not a denominationist, although I do know there are real 'non-religious' and non-denominational folks in these denominations who honesty believe in walking in the spirit over the classic dogma and doctrine they are taught, even from the pulpits with a Bible open, that can be harmful, if you get my drift.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"resurrection" This is an unusual compound term. It is found only here in the NT. It is literally "out of the dead into resurrection life." Paul has been discussing the intimate personal relationship between himself and the resurrected Christ. He longed for the end-time day when he, too, would experience physical resurrection as he already had experienced spiritual resurrection (cf Rom. 6:4-11; 2 Cor. 5:17; 1 John 3:2). This is part of the "already but not yet" tension of the Kingdom of God, the overlapping of the two Jewish ages.
This reminds me,

Romans 6:11-14 KJV
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Literally, "as those who are alive from among the dead ones".

Ephesians 2:4-6 KJV
4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

We were dead in sins, like everyone else, but God made us alive, and now we are the alive ones, among the dead ones, let us live as those who are alive from among the dead ones.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you a verse from Paul, the apostle.

You must at least give me the verse that shows me Paul is no longer correct. Unless you are a prophet…?
There are no more Apostles today just as there are no more prophets . Show me in any epistle the office of prophet besides your one verse in Eph 4.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no more Apostles today just as there are no more prophets . Show me in any epistle the office of prophet besides your one verse in Eph 4.
I will as soon as you show me one verse that shows there ARENT any more prophets.

I gave you one. Now you’re asking for a second. But you haven’t even given ONE for your assertion.

Reactions: Episkopos

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will as soon as you show me one verse that shows there ARENT any more prophets.

I gave you one. Now you’re asking for a second. But you haven’t even given ONE for your assertion.
The gift of prophet (Ephesians 4:11) seems to have been a temporary gift given by Christ for the laying of the foundation of the church. Prophets were foundational to the church (Ephesians 2:20). The prophet proclaimed a message from the Lord to the early believers. Sometimes a prophet’s message was revelatory (new revelation and truth from God) and sometimes a prophet’s message was predictive (see Acts 11:28 and 21:10). The early Christians did not have the complete Bible. Some early Christians did not have access to any of the books of the New Testament. The New Testament prophets “filled the gap” by proclaiming God’s message to the people who would not have access to it otherwise. The last book of the New Testament (Revelation) was not completed until late in the first century. So, the Lord sent prophets to proclaim God’s Word to His people.

Are there true prophets today? If the purpose of a prophet was to reveal truth from God, why would we need prophets if we have the completed revelation from God in the Bible? If prophets were the “foundation” of the early church, are we still building the “foundation” today? Can God give someone a message to deliver to someone else? Absolutely! Does God reveal truth to someone in a supernatural way and enable that person to deliver that message to others? Absolutely! But is this the biblical gift of prophecy? No.

Whatever the case, whenever a person claims to be speaking for God (the essence of prophecy) the key is to compare what is said with what the Bible says. If God were to speak through a person today, it would be in 100% complete agreement with what God has already said in the Bible. God does not contradict Himself. 1 John 4:1 instructs us, “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 declares, “Do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good.” So, whether it is a “word from the Lord” or a supposed prophecy, our response should be the same. Compare what is said to what the Word of God says. If it contradicts the Bible, throw it out. If it agrees with the Bible, pray for wisdom and discernment as to how to apply the message (2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:5).got?

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gift of prophet (Ephesians 4:11) seems to have been a temporary gift given by Christ for the laying of the foundation of the church. Prophets were foundational to the church (Ephesians 2:20). The prophet proclaimed a message from the Lord to the early believers. Sometimes a prophet’s message was revelatory (new revelation and truth from God) and sometimes a prophet’s message was predictive (see Acts 11:28 and 21:10). The early Christians did not have the complete Bible. Some early Christians did not have access to any of the books of the New Testament. The New Testament prophets “filled the gap” by proclaiming God’s message to the people who would not have access to it otherwise. The last book of the New Testament (Revelation) was not completed until late in the first century. So, the Lord sent prophets to proclaim God’s Word to His people.

Are there true prophets today? If the purpose of a prophet was to reveal truth from God, why would we need prophets if we have the completed revelation from God in the Bible? If prophets were the “foundation” of the early church, are we still building the “foundation” today? Can God give someone a message to deliver to someone else? Absolutely! Does God reveal truth to someone in a supernatural way and enable that person to deliver that message to others? Absolutely! But is this the biblical gift of prophecy? No.

Whatever the case, whenever a person claims to be speaking for God (the essence of prophecy) the key is to compare what is said with what the Bible says. If God were to speak through a person today, it would be in 100% complete agreement with what God has already said in the Bible. God does not contradict Himself. 1 John 4:1 instructs us, “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 declares, “Do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good.” So, whether it is a “word from the Lord” or a supposed prophecy, our response should be the same. Compare what is said to what the Word of God says. If it contradicts the Bible, throw it out. If it agrees with the Bible, pray for wisdom and discernment as to how to apply the message (2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:5).got?

hope this helps !!!
How would more leaven/teaching of men be a help? Although…that last paragraph is interesting. Did you read it?
We know at least one thing, YOU are not a prophet because what you said does NOT agree with scripture. I mean, you know, if you will allow Paul to speak.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would more leaven/teaching of men be a help? Although…that last paragraph is interesting. Did you read it?
We know at least one thing, YOU are not a prophet because what you said does NOT agree with scripture. I mean, you know, if you will allow Paul to speak.
I’m not a prophet and no one else is unless they are a false prophet. Prophets went by the wayside along with the Apostles at the same time.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That's got a lot to do with how we get there.

Yes! Suffering is God's gift to us to pry us away from fleshiness. And it works! For the child of God.

James 1:2-4 KJV
2) My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3) Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Let's fully believe this, and when suffering comes, as it will, and does, that we might be truly grateful! Thanking God for the work He is doing for us through our suffering changes the entire aspect of that suffering. I mean, pain still hurts, but we are not our bodies, we can rejoice in God's love, and be thankful regardless.

I don't mean to say it's easy, or anything like that. But as He builds our faith, we learn how to remain unmoved.

Much love!
Simply love this spontaneous eulogy--love you brother.

1) "That I may know him" (tou gnonai auton) “to know him personally, practically, and experimentally in life.

2) "And the power of his resurrection" (kai ten dunamin tes anastaseos) "And the power of the resurrection" of him, Rom_6:3; Col_3:1-2.

3) "And the fellowship of his sufferings" (kai koinonian pathematon autou) "And the common fellowship of his sufferings" 1Pe_4:13; 2Ti_2:11.

4) "Being made conformable unto his death" (summorphi-zomenos to thanato autou) "being conformed, patterned according to, his death", in purpose, devotion, and commitment.

J.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is too much to take when you have been religiously indoctrinated to become a Pharisee. Look how Jesus and the religious of His day interacted.

So either I'm the Pharisee, or else the ones who are doing the naming and claiming...and denying the power of the gospel are.

I know where you stand on this. You don't need to write out your thoughts. I already know how you think.

If you are sincere...I will be. If you mock Christ and the truth...I will choose to laugh and treat it as a joke rather than never speaking to you again.

I choose to not take seriously when I see blasphemy because I realize the level of ignorance in these modern times to the ways of God. As in...forgive them Father, they know not what they do. But since it's my thread...I'm going to stay here and expect the true mockers of God to go elsewhere. Let them start their own threads. If they stay I will play games with them...to hopefully chase them away...or...if they would stop taking themselves so seriously for a moment...start a deeper conversation.

But I am DEEPLY aware of the fate of so many of those who call themselves brothers today.
You know how I think....

In California where I lived for a spell, Santa Clara next to Sunnyvale and near San Jose, at work we had to label our human personality profiles pinned to the office cubicle front door wall. This would be beneficial in understanding one another at work. It was the Myers-Briggs personality profile assessment. There are 16 basic personality types according to this model. Californians love psych stuff.

Anyway if you know of it I was tested as an 'ENTP' and wavered to an ENTJ at times.

According to one source expert in this work of the 1940s my predominant personality type si:

A Debater (ENTP) is a person with the Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Prospecting personality traits. They tend to be bold and creative, deconstructing and rebuilding ideas with great mental agility. They pursue their goals vigorously despite any resistance they might encounter.

My secondary type is:

A Commander (ENTJ) is someone with the Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging personality traits. They are decisive people who love momentum and accomplishment. They gather information to construct their creative visions but rarely hesitate for long before acting on them.

My personality was assessed as being close to Hitler, Julius Caesar and Mark Twain. of many of their features.

Now Epi, I give you a better view of how and why I think the way I do, even in Spiritual matters of the heart from God.

• Love
Reactions: marks and Johann

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do understand being set in with a set string of truths that composes our core foundation for our raison d'etre and believing and in faith in this truth, that appears to be immovable and then after a time this truth must be reset to a new location as a new norm in truth. And the resistance to see and do this can be great at times
Truth must be reset to a new location? A new norm in truth?
Good grief man!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth must be reset to a new location? A new norm in truth?
Good grief man!
Interesting right SBG....simply put what we thought we knew and hung on to for dear life has to be changed to a new reality and truth sometimes. I'm sure this has happened to you right?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not a prophet and no one else is unless they are a false prophet. Prophets went by the wayside along with the Apostles at the same time.
Well, once again, I will listen to Paul unless you can show me that with scripture. I’m sure even you would advise me to check out your assertion with scripture.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget the suffering part brother--something that is very seldom mentioned here.
God has done some extreme work in my life through severe suffering. Sickness that nearly killed me. Severe, intractable pain for many months. A deep clinical depression. These are a few of the things, that as I look back, while they were very difficult, these were what I needed, and God was faithful throughout. And I wouldn't trade away His gifts through these for all the pleasures in the world!

It's really incredible who He works! Out of the blue, I was suddenly hooked on Ecclesiastes. I read it daily for a month or so, several times a day. I listened to the audio in my car, and washing dishes, and covered that book at least a couple of hundred times. It was some weeks after that when I began to experience the depression. Within 3 or 4 days, I hit a depth of emotional and physical suffering, I'd have to tell a much longer story to really a full view into this. But the thing I want to express is that it was the words of Solomon in Ecclesiastes that gave me a handle on what was happening, something I could hold onto, because he so directly addressed me in my life.

It's like, here, eat this food, you're going to go on the strength of this meal for the next month and more.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting right SBG....simply put was we thought we knew and hung on to for dear life has to be changed to a new reality and truth sometimes. I'm sure this has happened to you right?
That wouldn’t be resetting truth. It never was truth. That would be the renewing of your mind and the removal of leaven.
But that isn’t going to happen unless men give up their doctrines and the traditions which theyve used to cancel out Gods word.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This reminds me,

Romans 6:11-14 KJV
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Literally, "as those who are alive from among the dead ones".

Ephesians 2:4-6 KJV
4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

We were dead in sins, like everyone else, but God made us alive, and now we are the alive ones, among the dead ones, let us live as those who are alive from among the dead ones.

Much love!
---alive ones, out from among the dead ones--your enthusiasm for the Scriptures simply amaze me, man, I have so much to learn.

Reactions: ChristisGod
Status
Not open for further replies.