How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The keeping power of God is powerful. You only fall out of the Spirit when you sin a sin unto death. OR..as in the case...you want out so badly because you are stuck in Zion and your selfish nature can't handle it.
I wish I remembered how you said you were tricked out of it. Maybe you didn’t exactly say. And I know you probably won’t say it here anyway.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that word symmorphizo there. If, I'm not mistaken it seems to leave room for both what has been accomplished in us as well as what is happening along the way.
In the present/passive form, something God is doing with us continuing. I'm not sure prior working is in that word, but I think the overall teaching of Scripture is that we are being conformed to our death in Christ. Like, the new Christian is crucified with Christ just like the mature Christian, but the mature Christian, whose mind has been more renewed, will show that more.

Perhaps "conformable to His death" can be understood as having a fully renewed mind?

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does the buck stop with you or do you have a leadership team , elders who there is accountability?
At what time? We are not like a dead institution. We have seasons of things. At one time we were two elders...but that brother left to become a pastor. A failure in my view!

You can't compare a religious institution to a spiritual family, try as you might.

Reactions: faithfulness

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s how the NT church is set up by the Apostles. Plurality of elders in the local assembly’s. Paul commands, instructs the appointing of elders, plural.
Yes…but Ive never heard anyone else have this understanding he has been given. And believe me, I scoured and scoured for it. And not a single man understands it unless they listen to him. But no man can hear him. So…anyone “over” him would just kick him out because it destroys all their doctrines. So…

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wish I remembered how you said you were tricked out of it. Maybe you didn’t exactly say. And I know you probably won’t say it here anyway.
Of course not. Remember the company we keep here.... always a hair away from being devoured...like in a lion's den.

Right now they aren't feeding...keep watching...and praying.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At what time? We are not like a dead institution. We have seasons of things. At one time we were two elders...but that brother left to become a pastor. A failure in my view!

You can't compare a religious institution to a spiritual family, try as you might.
Paul set up the NT local churches that met in homes with elders

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we say we have no sin we deceive ourself

If we think we are sinless. We need to search deeper. Because we are missing something
the one who says that he remains in Him ought, himself also, walk just as He walked.

whoever abides/remains/resides in Him does not sin.

• Love
Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cell groups are not house churches. The covering of an institution precludes a direct connection of authority to God. There are no multiplicity of coverings.

The head of every man is Christ.
Middlemen are the bane of the earth. They come up with some scheme to make you HAVE to go through them rather than do a thing yourself. And then they milk everyone. And then they start tightening the bonds.

Reactions: Episkopos

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cell groups are not house churches. The covering of an institution precludes a direct connection of authority to God. There are no multiplicity of coverings.

The head of every man is Christ.
The church is not a cell group neither are home churches. Wherever believers gather together it’s the church.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are no seasons with the church found in the NT. Scriptures teaches a plurality of elders for a reason. It’s the biblical model.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Middlemen are the bane of the earth. They come up with some scheme to make you HAVE to go through them rather than do a thing yourself. And then they milk everyone.
That's the model of the institution...set up like business...with franchises. The competitive nature of these businesses makes for a dumbing down of the gospel to get as many in the pews as possible...more people, more revenue= more success.

This has proved disastrous to evangelicalism. The standard is SO low, that they have even less understanding than the ones who compromise the truth that are over them and live from them.

Reactions: faithfulness

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no seasons with the church found in the NT. Scriptures teaches a plurality of elders for a reason. It’s the biblical model.
Preach/teach in season and out of season.

To everything there is a season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.