How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need prophets to warn people they aren’t LISTENING to the word of God and warn them to stop annulling the word of God with their traditions and leaven.
Thats what the Bible is for.

It’s not only sad you do not understand th empower of God. Its sad you do not understand the power of his word.

Gods holds people accountable.. He sends teachers, and pastors.. But the church is established, While yes he can send some apostles to the outer reaches of the earth who have not been reached.. God is not going to send them to places where Gods word is fully established.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The act of God continuing to sanctify us A lifetime project. Until we see him face to face
That's how the Bible speaks.

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 KJV
53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

We remain corruptible until that last transformation.

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Our vile body, literally the body of our humiliation, and why is that? Because it's corrupted by sin, and opposes us.

Galatians 5:16-18 KJV
16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Seeing Him working in us we we are transformed to be like Him,

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 KJV
17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass (mirror) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Literally, out of glory, into glory. Being transformed into His image brings His glory to us.

Daniel 12:3 KJV
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

We participate, and so results will vary according to our own participation. Just the same, He doesn't stop His work in renewing our minds.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Transformed here is Present Tense / Passive Voice, so it's being done to us, and it's continuing to be done.

Seeing Him in us, participating in His work, it's all about "take my yoke upon you, and learn of me".

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Our faith is in Him. Knowing that He will complete His work in my is my Hope. The expected outcome of my faith in Jesus, I believe His promise. Having this hope, I participate better.

I love these verses, thank you for letting me share!

Gotta run! It's been a great day!

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm…When none of them listen to Paul?
When they do away with the two most important and most mentioned ministries in the NT for the building and equipping?
Apostles were sent out to places where their was no church yet

And pastors and elders were established in places where the church had been reached.

Do you live in a place that has not been reached by God yet?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats what the Bible is for.
The same Bible that says this?
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ

Reactions: Episkopos

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's how the Bible speaks.

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 KJV
53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

We remain corruptible until that last transformation.

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Our vile body, literally the body of our humiliation, and why is that? Because it's corrupted by sin, and opposes us.

Galatians 5:16-18 KJV
16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Seeing Him working in us we we are transformed to be like Him,

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 KJV
17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass (mirror) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Literally, out of glory, into glory. Being transformed into His image brings His glory to us.

Daniel 12:3 KJV
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

We participate, and so results will vary according to our own participation. Just the same, He doesn't stop His work in renewing our minds.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Transformed here is Present Tense / Passive Voice, so it's being done to us, and it's continuing to be done.

Seeing Him in us, participating in His work, it's all about "take my yoke upon you, and learn of me".

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Our faith is in Him. Knowing that He will complete His work in my is my Hope. The expected outcome of my faith in Jesus, I believe His promise. Having this hope, I participate better.

I love these verses, thank you for letting me share!

Gotta run! It's been a great day!

Much love!
Remember, they talk to us as fools if we talk about sanctification being a process.

yet they both admit they still sin, one admits she has never walked in the spirit.

so how could they be perfectly sanctified like they claim?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Bible that says this?
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ
You have a prophet and Nothing else..

read the word AND>>>>

if a prophet comes and starts teaching things that have never been taught before. Or attacking the truth. he is a false prophet..

I pray strongly you see this one day.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, they talk to us as fools if we talk about sanctification being a process.

yet they both admit they still sin, one admits she has never walked in the spirit.

so how could they be perfectly sanctified like they claim?
There are the claims people make of themselves, and either their word/actions will give evidence for that claim, or against that claim. We all reveal ourselves in our words.

In once sense we are immediately sanctified, being recreated by God in rebirth being now righteous and holy. But in the other sense, we have to learn to walk in it.

A baby is born, and he's completely human, even though he cannot walk, cannot talk, cannot feed himself. But he's still fully and wonderfully human. Though corrupted by sin. Still, they will spend the rest of life working out their own life.

We're born from God, and we are fully and completely exactly what He says we are. But just like the human child, God's spirit children aren't born fully mature.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct and there are none today
I'm back! :) So this concerning prophets.

I'm not surprised at this. The modern Church is not based on an intimacy with God...so then a direct line to the throne of God isn't required for these. Men's approval is all that is needed.

The New Testament gives us the guidelines to how we should meet. Without prophets there is no church....maybe a prayer meeting or a bible study....but not church. Without real saints there is no church.

Notice this...

1 Cor 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Notice what is required for the church of the saints. Notice the 2 or 3 are prophets. They speak in HIS NAME.

People get together to pray...like the disciples did in the upper room...but that wasn't church until they were empowered by the Spirit.

Until the Spirit falls onto the people or at least the leaders...it isn't church.

Meeting in the NAME of Christ means having prophets speaking HIS actual real time instruction. Where there are 2 or 3 prophets...there is Jesus in their midst.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you should not be in here trying to teach people or tell them anything about God.

and you should repent and Ask God why he has failed you so far and seek answers to why he has not given you a spirit if you are saved.
He abides in me. I have received the down payment.
He has not failed me. I will wait on Him and not be disappointed.

Reactions: Laurina

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don’t. Doctrines are the new idol.
Acts 2: . 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Doctrine (truth) has been here since the time of Christ. Its not anything new

while there may be new so called “doctrines” that does not mean that all doctrines are false

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He abides in me. I have received the down payment.
He has not failed me. I will wait on Him and not be disappointed.
He abides in you yet you have never walked with him in his spirit?

I do not know what you have in you. But if it is God. He has failed you. As has your prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.