How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice what Epi is saying--there's famine in the land--and hearing DIRECTLY...from God, he is the mouthpiece of a "new revelation" since the Scriptures is "silent"
It’s from a Bible verse. How is that new revelation?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has failed you.

If you have been sanctified. And born again, and you have never walked in the spirit. Then Both God and Epi has failed you

Please wake up..

Epi may make you real good. And give you answers you think make sense. But you have no walk with God as you claim after years. Then you need to question everything he has taught you.
Because you are not spiritual, you just sound ridiculous when you try to act.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus lays out for us what we should do to be accepted by Him. That takes in BOTH NT levels.....the righteous and the holy.

Matt. 10:41 "He that receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward."

I don't think very many people take the words of Jesus seriously anymore. The religion that He ostensibly started ...actually the faith that was perverted by men...has no room for Him. I made the categories bigger so that some here might notice, although I think even if I made the words of Jesus to stand as tall as buildings...they would go unheeded by the present generation.

So who is the prophet in the instruction of Jesus and what is the reward??

All who have walked in Zion with the Lord are prophets. Their testimony is meant to encourage actual church life.

The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Rev. 1910 "And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

And what is the reward of receiving a prophet? Well, the reward is with God, the reward IS God, unblemished by the world. AND it is the persecution in the meantime to be reviled along with the prophet. For we must suffer now to receive a reward later.

And what of the righteous man? How do we receive a righteous man to get a righteous man's reward? We owe our brothers and all who fear the Lord our love and assistance. We are to be hospitable and patient with those who have not yet known the higher walk, but are willing. The reward is life. Those who do right with patience and integrity, we are to receive as the righteous. To receive life we must honour even the righteous that are not like us. Giving honour to whom it is due. Having mercy as God has mercy, using discernment to distinguish the guileless and innocent ...from those who bring with them a religious affectation based on the ego.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But this is not what Ephesians 4:13 means at all...you are speaking a falsely...stop it! This is corrupting the meaning of scripture.

It means that the gospel shall be continually preached and shared until the Body of Christ is in full agreement in the same faith, in the faith in the only perfect man, Yahshua our Christ, AND until the Body of Christ, the elect, will be literally gathered in as the completed Body in Christ at that point.

and then in the next verse, 14 it says this process is necessary (critical) in verse 13 to make us mature and secure in Christ, and that it will insulate us from listening and then believing in false doctrines devised by cunning and deceitful men, or false prophets, as we now ALL understand this one true gospel, as one Body.
But you are going into the middle of a verse to determine for all and sundry, to tell us which ones are true and false. Can you take away from the words of Paul without denying what he's saying? The same thing goes for the words of Jesus BTW.

At one point, you have to let yourself be uncomfortable and let the bible speak for itself without either a carnal or a religious reaction.
The righteous swear to their own hurt. Not so the religious.They swear to the hurt of others.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophets bring people to God, they have power.
You should read about a country named Israel. You can find out all about how people reacted to prophets in their history. It might surprise you, but they most often weren’t accepted by most people. Most people said, as you do, that they weren’t even prophets because they preached righteousness, and on the disobedience of the nation and that made them furious with the men. They were harassed, in no way lauded, thrown into wells, and murdered.
And here is a man saying woe to you and return to God and preaching righteousness and surprise, surprise, you are attacking him and trying to silence him. Get away from your doom and gloom and stop preaching these awful warnings. Speak to us pleasant things!

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus lays out for us what we should do to be accepted by Him. That takes in BOTH NT levels.....the righteous and the holy.

Matt. 10:41 "He that receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward."

I don't think very many people take the words of Jesus seriously anymore. The religion that He ostensibly started ...actually the faith that was perverted by men...has no room for Him. I made the categories bigger so that some here might notice, although I think even if I made the words of Jesus to stand as tall as buildings...they would go unheeded by the present generation.

So who is the prophet in the instruction of Jesus and what is the reward??

All who have walked in Zion with the Lord are prophets. Their testimony is meant to encourage actual church life.

The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Rev. 1910 "And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

And what is the reward of receiving a prophet? Well, the reward is with God, the reward IS God, unblemished by the world. AND it is the persecution in the meantime to be reviled along with the prophet. For we must suffer now to receive a reward later.

And what of the righteous man? How do we receive a righteous man to get a righteous man's reward? We owe our brothers and all who fear the Lord our love and assistance. We are to be hospitable and patient with those who have not yet known the higher walk, but are willing. The reward is life. Those who do right with patience and integrity, we are to receive as the righteous. To receive life we must honour even the righteous that are not like us. Giving honour to whom it is due. Having mercy as God has mercy, using discernment to distinguish the guileless and innocent ...from those who bring with them a religious affectation based on the ego.
prophecy is sealed and there is no new prophecy- the word of God is complete, no new revelation.

your focus is on an obsolete office that faded away with the Apostles. There are no Apostles or prophets today.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Johann

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prophecy is sealed and there is no new prophecy
He didn’t say anything that isn’t found in the Bible. Which you would recognize if you knew scripture.

I think you would be better off where you were last year in Calvinism than where you are now!

Your new friends will pour in soon to hold your coat. They’re just having coffee.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
prophecy is sealed and there is no new prophecy- the word of God is complete, no new revelation.

Then why won't you listen to the words of Jesus? What part of you is offended at His words...so that you can cancel them so easily. Why do you destroy the meaning of the bible in order to say...there is need of nothing else....as in...nothing else you need to ignore like you do the bible? Have you thought this out?
your focus is on an obsolete office that faded away with the Apostles. There are no Apostles or prophets today.

hope this helps !!!
Jesus said that His words stand. And you are denying it here for all to see...and agree with you. But I won't. I am not just posturing like so many here...claiming to love Christ and yet able to fully throw away His words.

63] It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. [64] But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.".

“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.”

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The religious ego has become so puffed up in our time, that the pure words of Jesus are reviled and seen as having no weight at all.

[34] Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. [35] Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At one point, you have to let yourself be uncomfortable and let the bible speak for itself without either a carnal or a religious reaction.
So much of what you write is meaningless. Generally, the dichotomy is religious or secular. You pivot on carnal rather than secular. In any event, reacting to something without either of these paradigms of analysis leaves ... wait for it ... nothing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you are not spiritual, you just sound ridiculous when you try to act.
Because you are not spiritual. You are just blind and unable to see things the way they are

You and epi scream power and faith. Yet you admit you have never walked with God. Power? Faith? In what??

if you can not see what is going on. people willnto be able to help you. Your following a man.. Not God

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much of what you write is meaningless. Generally, the dichotomy is religious or secular. You pivot on carnal rather than secular. In any event, reacting to something without either of these paradigms of analysis leaves ... wait for it ... nothing.
We played a sad song and you didn’t pretend to mourn, so we played a happy song and you refused to dance. Why do you do nothing we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.