How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want me to leave my own thread...rather than learn how to walk in righteousness? You are free to troll elsewhere.
No one willl Learn how to walk in righteousness by listening to you my friend.

You can‘t even get your top disciple in an area where she can walk in the spirit after years..

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

Anyone please correct me if this is wrong but I believe walking in the spirit is to be walking in much the same 'zone' of prayerfulness we get into when we pray, being in the presence of God.
I relate to this!
(I believe that is also how we should read the bible, prayerfully, so that the Lord can speak to us and open His word to us by His Spirit.) We draw near to Him and He draws near to us. We reach up to Him and He, His presence, comes down to meet us reaching up to Him.
And this! I like to just read goodly portions through and through, but what I really treasure is to pick up my Bible but not even open it yet, first just to commune with God in the spirit, hearing Him, responding to Him, and then read where He takes me.

If we harbor feelings of condemnation that goes directly against our faith in Jesus Christ. And I know God can still get through to us, but it won't be the same. When we trust fully in our reconciliation to God in Christ Jesus, we can freely come to Him, being accepted by Him.

Psalm 85:10-11 speak of this. And we really need to walk in that 'zone' all the time, but I find that so difficult because everything is distracting. Practical demands of life, interacting with people, etc. I feel as though something further needs to change in me to be able to do that in a continual way.
Again, I really relate to this.

Psalms 85:10-13 KJV
10) Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
11) Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
12) Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.
13) Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.

What I tend to find is that I fail to recognize when fleshy thoughts come into my mind, and instead of taking them captive, instead of replacing them with the Godly thoughts, the mind of Christ, I yield.

Fleshy thoughts can be insidious! Maybe I tell myself, this anger I feel is "righteous indignation", but the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God. Maybe I tell myself, this person needs to be put in their place, but that's not for me to do. Maybe I tell myself, I'm just responding in kind. But we are to return good for evil.

If I fail to recognize that fleshiness has come in, that's when I go off the rails. And then I say something I shouldn't say, and maybe then realize, Oh, that was fleshy, but the reality is, the fleshiness started before that.

I am learning to measure myself according to the fruit of the Spirit, the Love Chapter, Ephesians 4, the various places that teach how we are to be, to act towards others.

If I find that in my heart I'm not sincerely endeavoring to help others out of sincere love, then that's not Spirit. If I find harshness, impatience, keeping records of wrongs, "not being willing to give of myself considering how they've been in the past". All this and more!

A real test of our maturity, I think, is to measure within ourselves whether we actually want to lay down our fleshy ways. There can be a real emotional charge out of fleshiness. As I understand the corruption of our flesh, fleshiness is like an addiction, that has to be broken, that can be relapsed into, and that has to be recovered from.

And there is all the denial of a drug addict, who cannot see his own behavior, though others can. Walking in His light, we see light, in Christ, the true light, Who enlightens ever man.
But on top of that, at various and precious times His anointing can come to help us in our weakness (the Helper!) when the Lord has a particular thing He wants to do, to minister or speak to another. And I've seen an anointing coming upon some pastors, when they are ministering and praying for individuals at the end of a service. Kind of a glory haze and power of the Holy Spirit. And I wonder if being in that prayerful zone of walking in the spirit more is what would make us more available to the Lord for Him to work through us more often as well.
I just keep flashing back to something. I recently joined a new church, and I started attending the weekly prayer meeting. That first week I went, when I stood up to pray, the Holy Spirit came on me in a more powerful way, and that prayer still reverberates in my mind.

Times like this show me the total contrast between flesh and Spirit. Weakness and power. Darkness and light. Contempt and love.

I've come to see there is a moment in time when the flesh asserts itself, and we fail to stop it. But as soon as we recognize that, we can immediately draw near to God, and He draws near to us.

Lapses snowball if we accept the condemnation. But when we rest in our reconciliation, these lapses do not prevent us from returning to walking in the Spirit.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This present feeding frenzy shows that there's a real hunger for the truth...but no stomach for it. :rolleyes:
It’s shows you don’t know what a glorified spiritual body is. Is it flesh ?

It seems the self proclaimed spiritual prophet doesn’t know what a spiritual body is

Status
Not open for further replies.