How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get this straight. Are you saying that I have to imagine myself to be dead to sin..and THAT is how I honour the biblical text?
Yep. You just imagine and reckon. It doesn’t even matter if what is seen is the exact opposite, you just reckon even harder then. Oh, and sometimes, clicking your heels together helps.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so. We show whose we are in what comes out from our hearts.

Much love!
Galatians 5:16-26 KJV
16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26) Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First reckon harder then clicks heels....got it! :)
If you don't understand, and don't believe these parts of the Bible; if you are not baptized into Christ, I guess that's what you are left with. But real freedom from sin is being baptized into Christ, and placing your trust in Him.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't understand, and don't believe these parts of the Bible, I guess that's what you are left with. But real freedom from sin is being baptized into Christ, and placing your trust in Him.

Much love!
Are you saying you don’t sin?

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you don't understand, and don't believe these parts of the Bible; if you are not baptized into Christ, I guess that's what you are left with. But real freedom from sin is being baptized into Christ, and placing your trust in Him.

Much love!
Let me get this straight. Are you saying I don't understand the bible as much as you do? Because I don't think reckoning is what you think it means? That somehow your imagination is greater than mine?
Are you denying my own trust in God? Are you claiming to be more trusting because of the way you read things...and the way you read yourself into the text? Is that right?

Reactions: faithfulness

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you have a comment or question for me? I'm not sure why you tagged me on this.

Much love!

You were tagged because you “liked” a post where @Lizbeth seemingly questioned me on a miscommunicated post I responded to… I was not challenging any of the biblical points she made.

Reactions: marks
Status
Not open for further replies.