How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I asked you. You said we shoulld reckon ourselves dead to sin. which means we are not sinning

Are you still sinning?
Excellent question--and I noticed you are relentless in your interrogation of Epi, if we are wrong in the presentation of the Gospel, we need sound counselors--by the grace of God I have at least two brothers and a sister--to CORRECT me when I'm wrong and this is what I need, correction, and I welcome it!

He still owes me an apology--since this is a righteous ACT to do and his "version" of the gospel is not the good news of the Scriptures.

SBG is on ignore

I really feel for those who won't be receptive and receive correction--there's no pride or arrogance to WANT to be in the Dereck Ha-kodesh

Titus 3:10
Verse Concepts
Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,

1 Corinthians 5:11
Verse Concepts
But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

Romans 13:4
Verse Concepts
for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.

1 Timothy 1:20
Verse Concepts
Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme.

Romans 16:17
Verse Concepts
Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

1 Corinthians 5:5
Verse Concepts
I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Matthew 18:15-17
“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

J.

Reactions: marks

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I don't post deeper things on here. An honest person asked me to relate this...so I did. But then it gets picked up by others with less than pure intentions...
F = ma, even at the quantum level. It's just bound to discreet quantum levels.

TRANSLATION: If what you wrote has truth in it, no one's intentions will change it. OTOH, if what you say is false, someone's 'less than pure intentions' won't save you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not ask mark

I asked you. You said we shoulld reckon ourselves dead to sin. which means we are not sinning

Are you still sinning?
Geez, I’ve only been imagining I’m dead to sin for less than an hour and even I know it doesn’t mean I don’t sin or am REALLY dead to sin. What part of “imagine” do you not understand??

Reactions: Episkopos

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes that Lord's Holy Spirit directs me to do things. I call that walking in righteousness. Cheers!

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well mark does not say he is sinless. or say if he was dead to sin he would be sinless.

But Epi does.

Why is EPi not dead to sin? he died what? 2 times? 1 time for over 2 years.. but he is not dead now?
Being bapitized into Christ means one is baptized into His death. Which means one is co-crucified with Him, which results in our death, and makes us dead to sin, and freed from sin. Romans 6:7 literally says, the one who is dead is justified away from sin.

We are to reckon it so. The faithless walk is to disbelieve this passage, and continue to struggle against sin. Believing this is true, and trusting in Jesus' death and resurrection to have reconciled us to God, that is the faith in which we stand. In trusting Jesus, that this very thing is true, that God has freed us from sin, making us dead to sin, that's just the first part. The second part is even more glorious!

We are now alive unto God. Living in that truth, not sinning is just the beginning.

With that being said, not even Paul himself considered himself to be the fit judge of himself, and deferred that judgment - sinless/not sinless - to Jesus.

If we are baptised into Jesus Christ, and we receive in faith the truth of these words, we find that sin is in fact powerless over us. Just like the Bible says.

It's up to each of us whether we will receive or reject His Word.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I don't post deeper things on here. An honest person asked me to relate this...so I did. But then it gets picked up by others with less than pure intentions...
lol. I am just quoting what you posted.

As usual. you have to twist and turn.
What does that have to do with Romans 6? If you read it and believe it, then you are already dead to sin. It says so plainly in the text. You just have to believe it. (ask Mark about this) So then if you reckon yourself to be dead as per the bible...then you aren't really sinning, are you? :rolleyes:
or did you not mean what you said? if so. Maybe if you stopped mocking people with nonsense. people would not misrepresent you

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being bapitized into Christ means one is baptized into His death. Which means one is co-crucified with Him, which results in our death, and makes us dead to sin, and freed from sin. Romans 6:7 literally says, the one who is dead is justified away from sin.
As long as all Of that doesn’t mean you’re saying you ACTUALLY don’t sin its okay!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just try that imagining to your hearts desire.

As you are imagining, keep in mind that no matter how wrong @marks might be (or anyone else), it does not make Epi right. ;)
Imagination is no substitute for baptism into Jesus Christ.

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
English, and intelligible communication in particular, is highly overrated.
Out of all the words @amigo de christo Amigo wrote to you in sincerity and love, and his punch line...if you want to boast, to boast for/in God, you could only find that English in particular is not an intelligent communications language, that came straight out of your heart and mind indeed. You have 'cut' the English and the English-speaking peoples before on this site whilst raising the French flag in victory. I have noticed it a few times before, in silence.

And what does it say about you in how you treated Amigo's words of love and concern, who is crying his heart out to you to listen?

It says something like this: Those English people - speaking in English from American, Canadian, UK, OZ, NZ and SA etc, are all stupid people. That was is says to me and many others.

You must have had childhood issues and one of insecurity I imagine. Must be painful inside carrying all that baggage. You can let it all go away you know in love and genuine peace. God is waiting.....

Dieu t'aime plus que tu ne peux l'imaginer Epi. Laisse tomber et aime tes frères et sœurs en Christ ! Ils ont besoin d'amour, tu le sais, autant que toi.

Si vous connaissez bien les domaines de Dieu et que vous expérimentez son amour personnel pour vous, alors montrez-le avec plus de gentillesse et d'humilité envers nous.

Seriously Epi...as serious is defined to the max. Blessings...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so reckoning ourself dead to sin is just imaginary? thinking we are sinless?
Well…unless you want to dare to say you don’t sin. Surely you wouldn’t say that, right?
Here’s how it goes. You imagine yourself to be dead to sin because that’s what you were told to do. Then, God doesn’t see your sin, He only sees Jesus.
God had to set it up that way because He can’t actually make us stop sinning. He’s powerful, but not THAT powerful!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you reckon yourself to be dead to sin as per Rom. 6?
Methinks that's a great topic for another thread.

A brief answer is how I am aware than sin does not have the sway over me it did. If I may confess, I believe we are not equally prone to all sin. Some of us are more prone to one type of sin or another. Like the Son's of Thunder, I used to have a wicked temper. Now, when similiar situations occur that ocurred in the past, I notice a few things.

1st, the void. I don't feel the rage. The heat, the passion, the self-righteousness, the irrepressible urge to act ASAFP is gone.

2nd, the calm. The peace I feel in such circumstances is profound. I simply know the divine presence is in me and working on me, transforming me into his image better than before. And frankly, I am surprised. Always grateful our lord has extended grace. And if I may, that he extends grace to the likes of me - or my kind as you put it the other day - shows all the more glorious his amazing grace is.

3rd, the cycle. Consequently, my faith deepens. In turn, the grace extended to me, the peace and void of out of control rage, grows - as does my gratitude, humility and love for our Creator and his children.

This is how I experience Rom 6. YMMV.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol. I am just quoting what you posted.

As usual. you have to twist and turn.

or did you not mean what you said? if so. Maybe if you stopped mocking people with nonsense. people would not misrepresent you
Remember . . . do not believe what they say that I say, they do not speak truth.

Much love!

Reactions: Wrangler

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for our Creator. And that's the beautiful part of his redemption plan. No human has to be RIGHT (on doctrine) in order to be right with God.
I know! I read your post on the mind not needing to be involved at all and I thought it was wonderful! I don’t need to understand ANYTHING! My people perish for lack of understanding - I really think that was added in later, don’t you?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Methinks that's a great topic for another thread.

A brief answer is how I am aware than sin does not have the sway over me it did. If I may confess, I believe we are not equally prone to all sin. Some of us are more prone to one type of sin or another. Like the Son's of Thunder, I used to have a wicked temper. Now, when similiar situations occur that ocurred in the past, I notice a few things.

1st, the void. I don't feel the rage. The heat, the passion, the self-righteousness, the irrepressible urge to act ASAFP is gone.

2nd, the calm. The peace I feel in such circumstances is profound. I simply know the divine presence is in me and working on me, transforming me into his image better than before. And frankly, I am surprised. Always grateful our lord has extended grace. And if I may, that he extends grace to the likes of me - or my kind as you put it the other day - shows all the more glorious his amazing grace is.

3rd, the cycle. Consequently, my faith deepens. In turn, the grace extended to me, the peace and void of out of control rage, grows - as does my gratitude, humility and love for our Creator and his children.

This is how I experience Rom 6. YMMV.
I would add to this, that when we do experience any "motions of sin in our members", continuing in our trust in Jesus that He has in fact freed us from sin, and that in Him we are fully reconciled to God, any perceived power of the flesh just drains away.

If we sin as Christians, it's because we've stopped acting/thinking in trust in Jesus. Returning to the state of trusting Him empowers us to walk in righteousness.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.