How was Paul Baptized ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hi db , and you are BLINDED by my post and I said that Paul was Baptized by what 1 Cor 12:13 says .

I believe that Paul NEVER WATER bAPTIZED and I stand by that , because Paul was NEVER WATER BAPTIZED .
Oh my. What's your proof that Paul wasn't baptized in water?

1 Corinthians 1:14-16 (NKJV)
[sup]14 [/sup]I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, [sup]15 [/sup]lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. [sup]16 [/sup]Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.
And you believe in water Baptism , right ?? dan p
Well yeah, since it was practiced in the NT.

Matthew 3:16 (NKJV)
[sup]16 [/sup]When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water;

Matthew 28:19 (NKJV)
[sup]19 [/sup]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
I'll take that bet, how much?

Hi tw , and all I did was give you the answer and FELL for the bet instead ,

The Aorist Tense just means it halppened in the Past .

It also in the Passive Voice , which means that the Holy Spirit put you into Christ DEATH , since you could not do it .

The Indicative Mood meand Rom 6:3 - 4 is a FACT .

You lose the bet , sorry , and by the way THERE IS NO WATER BAPTISM in Rom 6:3 - 4 , and Baptism here should be CLEAR TO ALL , BAPTIZO here means to be PLACED into His DEATH , dan p

Pato

Mar 29, 2011
Hi to all and there are some that believe in Water Baptism and believe that all are safe under the 10 commandments and that is true than they will have to say that Paul was water baptized .

Most use Acts 9:17 that Paul was baptized .

I say that Paul was NEVER baptized .

What say you and what is your proof ??

dan p

Hi, how's this when Paul was giving his defense:

Acts 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. 15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Is there some reason why you did not add vs:18 to your OP?

Act 9:18: And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi, how's this when Paul was giving his defense:

Acts 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. 15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Is there some reason why you did not add vs:18 to your OP?

Act 9:18: And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Hi , and I have just been going back to see what responses there are . I am on yo many sites , and hope to respond Friday , the 15 th .

A , question to all , where does it say that the Greek word BAPTIZO always means WATER ???

I have never seen anyone prove that ILLUSION , ever , dan p

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Hi to all and there are some that believe in Water Baptism and believe that all are safe under the 10 commandments and that is true than they will have to say that Paul was water baptized .

dan p

John 3:5 (New International Version 1984, ©1984)

5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
If you are implying that we must be baptized in water to be saved that is quite problematic.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009

Hi hc , and the Law was in effect during this time , undeniable !!

Christ had not yet died , and Repentance and water was required as John 1:31 reveals .

Your Context is terrible .

and John 3:12 , decribes your answer to a T , WATER and Repentance were earthly things , and How will you believe , if Jesus told you heavenlt things ??

A , clear understanding of what verse 5 says , " he can not enter the Kingdom of God " will help you understand that Christ is talking about the Millennial Kingdom that Christ will rule over !! dan p

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008

If you are implying that we must be baptized in water to be saved that is quite problematic.

John 3:5

Luke 7:30
30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Hi hc , and the Law was in effect during this time , undeniable !!

Christ had not yet died , and Repentance and water was required as John 1:31 reveals .

Your Context is terrible .

and John 3:12 , decribes your answer to a T , WATER and Repentance were earthly things , and How will you believe , if Jesus told you heavenlt things ??

A , clear understanding of what verse 5 says , " he can not enter the Kingdom of God " will help you understand that Christ is talking about the Millennial Kingdom that Christ will rule over !! dan p

baptism is not law= its grace and one cannot repent unless he trusts Christs merits alone for his or her salvation.. .

and if you think that Jesus had not died yet is how we should interpet the text your going to have trouble with the truths of Isaiah 53:4 also

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.

Jesus said his kingdom is not of this earth .. So i challange any one to show us one place in revelation where Jesus sets up this suposed earthly kingdom .. the reason its not their in the book of revelation is --because he doesn't...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
John 3:5

Luke 7:30
30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John.
Your point?

Romans 10:9-10 (NKJV)
[sup]9 [/sup]that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. [sup]10 [/sup]For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Pato

Mar 29, 2011
Hi , and I have just been going back to see what responses there are . I am on yo many sites , and hope to respond Friday , the 15 th .

A , question to all , where does it say that the Greek word BAPTIZO always means WATER ???

I have never seen anyone prove that ILLUSION , ever , dan p

It is a fact that more than one type of baptism is described in scripture so therefore it does not always mean water. It is recognised by the context what type is being described.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

dan p

-- You say Paul was never baptized.

Unfortunately for you, the scripture immediately after the one you selected shows he was: Acts 9:18

"And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized."

Scripture for proof. Sure seems to trump your opinion any day of the week, doesn't it?