How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hot dogs have to be one of the worst processed foods for you . Its like saying
good thing you ate your veggies with some arsenic sprinkled on them . I got so tickled when i seen this response .
I order Vienna all beef frankfurters online from a company that makes and sells almost exclusively in Michigan. (Company called Koegel)… steamed or grilled very tasty, no fillers and less fat than regular hot dogs.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I order Vienna all beef frankfurters online from a company that makes and sells almost exclusively in Michigan. (Company called Koegel)… steamed or grilled very tasty, no fillers and less fat than regular hot dogs.
I get all beef also. I used to get these large sausage dogs and after eating one a day for a year I started getting chest pains. So I switched to all beef and it went away.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having a good day. My back is pretty much recovered. I watched Ash Wednesday and it was interesting and new to me. It was nice.

I worked on my theory and now have it finished.

We're supposed to get snow and rain next week, lots of it. Went out for my walk this morning and it was snowing. Wow, it's mid February.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm also having a very good day. My husband gave me a very nice compliment about being married to me this morning---and he's not one to flatter.

I had a good time of prayer and listening with the Lord.

I picked up two tops secondhand that my friend may like. I got some decaf sugary iced coffee. And now I will have some seafood for lunch. Hopefully they have fried oysters.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so Monday, one Doe Goat delivered 4 kids.
Today Wed, early, AM, another Doe Goat also delivered 4 kids.

The other goats all curious. The dog is curious. Thank goodness they delivered and after birth, outside their stalls, so had no mess for the kids to lay in. The kids all up and wiggling walking, trying to figure out nursing, and the Doe’s not great at holding still for 4 to take turns, they nap, and then the routine repeats. Refilling Doe’s water every two hours and cleaning up poo. Oh, and yip, yip, wind is crazy constant and it’s pouring down rain, and been tending for almost 6 hours and huh, on only a half cup of coffee...
I think one of Gods “comical” miracles. ;-)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so Monday, one Doe Goat delivered 4 kids.
Today Wed, early, AM, another Doe Goat also delivered 4 kids.

The other goats all curious. The dog is curious. Thank goodness they delivered and after birth, outside their stalls, so had no mess for the kids to lay in. The kids all up and wiggling walking, trying to figure out nursing, and the Doe’s not great at holding still for 4 to take turns, they nap, and then the routine repeats. Refilling Doe’s water every two hours and cleaning up poo. Oh, and yip, yip, wind is crazy constant and it’s pouring down rain, and been tending for almost 6 hours and huh, on only a half cup of coffee...
I think one of Gods “comical” miracles. ;-)
It's a little windy and snowing here, which is strange for Februrary. It usually only snows around the winter solstice which is Dec 21st.

Glad to hear you have new goats. That sounds fun! Cheers!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a little windy and snowing here, which is strange for Februrary. It usually only snows around the winter solstice which is Dec 21st.

Glad to hear you have new goats. That sounds fun! Cheers!

They are cute, cute, cute. Within in an hour or so, that little tiny slime ball is soft, furry, unsteady, cuddly kid. Thanks for the good cheers.

God Bless,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are cute, cute, cute. Within in an hour or so, that little tiny slime ball is soft, furry, unsteady, cuddly kid. Thanks for the good cheers.

God Bless,
Taken
funny-goat-puts-out-its-tongue.jpg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cute Pix!
Our goats are all Nubians, with the long floppy ears like a cocker spaniel dog. Some have a straight coat of hair, a few have a wavey coat of hair on their back, more visible as they get older. Haven’t yet let all the kids be together, and then attempt to separate them back with their moms, not sure yet, if I would separate them correctly with their own mom. Haven’t let the kids outside yet....Have had rainy weather and have to be on guard for Hawks looking for an easy target.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cute Pix!
Our goats are all Nubians, with the long floppy ears like a cocker spaniel dog. Some have a straight coat of hair, a few have a wavey coat of hair on their back, more visible as they get older. Haven’t yet let all the kids be together, and then attempt to separate them back with their moms, not sure yet, if I would separate them correctly with their own mom. Haven’t let the kids outside yet....Have had rainy weather and have to be on guard for Hawks looking for an easy target.
We have bald eagles here, and they look for food always.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have bald eagles here, and they look for food always.

We have some property on other side of town closer to a lake and from there did see one day a bald eagle flying with a fish in his talons. And the Storks, of such a manner of bird, huge, guessing 4ft tall walking down the road. Also saw often, Pileated woodpeckers which are the “giant” of woodpeckers, 15-18” long, and the Luna Moths, that are quite unique, a bright lime green, typically can be seen in forest area about May or early June, do not eat, wing span typically 4-6 inches and only live about 1 week. Have only ever seen about 8.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s been a pretty much a “goats life” this week, and “rest time” is for squeezing in chores. Intact males, Year old goats, this mom and 4 kids, that mom and 4 kids, all separated. Weather has been rainy, windy, a bit of sun, so the grazing has been minimal, and thus the feeding and watering each group is like comedy routine. Everyone wants to be First. It’s constant caution to not step on the baby’s who all wiggle around underfoot and the largest intact male seems to think its always time to play with him the leader. He is about 6’ tall raring up on hind legs, strong and has quite long and wide hook’em horns, but yet likes to be petted and brushed, and that’s tricky.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im enjoying the goat tales, @Taken!

Today I heard the radio talking about greater dependence on Jesus. It was just what I needed to hear. Sometimes we just cannot depend on other people to anticipate our needs and wants because they are human. Sometimes, as a married woman, your man is going to dissapoint simply because he's a man and not the Lord.

It's these times that dependence on the Lord is so important. He has to be the one we go to for strength and acknowledgement first. Otherwise Id expect my husband to do the impossible and burden him rather than serving and accepting him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having a good day. Trying to get some answers to medical problems I've been having. Waiting on that. It snowed today so I went out for walks. It was melting and slick, but I didn't fall. It's pretty melted now. Just watching TV on the internet and enjoying my day. Cheers.

My brothers friend used to head ram a goat in the field down the road. The goat got the best of him and he stopped. My other friend had goats, one used to come after him and try to ram him or something. It was fun to watch him in the field with the goats, hopping and running out of the way. Good times, good times. :watching and waiting: @Taken I'm glad yours behave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @devin553344
Just went out again to check goats water and was checking out the lighting, thinking it too dark and surprise there was a Luna moth near the bulb. It’s small maybe 3” and the bottom wings were curled in. But rather surprised to see one this time of year. We have had a couple days of 80 degrees and have plenty of woods around. Maybe that is why it showed up so early.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @devin553344
Just went out again to check goats water and was checking out the lighting, thinking it too dark and surprise there was a Luna moth near the bulb. It’s small maybe 3” and the bottom wings were curled in. But rather surprised to see one this time of year. We have had a couple days of 80 degrees and have plenty of woods around. Maybe that is why was showed up so early.
Sounds interesting. I looked it up and they are really stunning for a moth. We just get white moths here and they're not much to look at.

I think it was @Lambano that said his bushes or flowers are blooming already. So maybe not too much winter left.

I'll post a picture so people can see: Luna Moth:

714d9dc7eb86682360bbc606f9e48d5b--north-america-tattoo-ideas.jpg

Reactions: Wynona