How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a kinda good day. Made some forward progress in my physics. Went for a couple walks but the crazies come out on Sunday around here. And they were in full force today. Did my church stuff :)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling a bit sad. Hubby has a friend who calls him but I don't have anyone outside my family who really calls me or wants to hang out.

I recently tried to connect with a lady on facebook who was local but she didn't seem interested in actually making plans to hang out.

I asked to be taken out of my college girlfriends text group on purpose. But they never really called me either.

Thankfully, my prayer group ladies are there if I really need something. And my family is great.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling a bit sad. Hubby has a friend who calls him but I don't have anyone outside my family who really calls me or wants to hang out.

I recently tried to connect with a lady on facebook who was local but she didn't seem interested in actually making plans to hang out.

I asked to be taken out of my college girlfriends text group on purpose. But they never really called me either.

Thankfully, my prayer group ladies are there if I really need something. And my family is great.
We're here for you Wynona. I'm not always on as I'm working on my project sometimes, but I do get on here and there :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are not alone in this sort of thing sister. We, [including in particular, yours truly] are all born selfish. Jesus is the only one who was always unselfish in his natural life as a man. Becoming like Him can be at times a very lonely road to walk. Certainly God knows this but may this not be a part of that cross which we must bear. Is it however more difficult than the cross which Jesus as a man of flesh had to bear. He recognized this when he spoke these words to his Father:
Mt 26:39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

In my life in the flesh [now working on 80 years] I have had few close friends, and now most those I have had are gone from me.

To give without receiving something similar in return can leave us lonely and at make despair. We need to ask God to help us remember what Jesus actually suffered... and to help us to bear it. Are we able to bear it? Alone, most certainly not!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, we heard our baby's heartbeat at the clinic. Next month, we will find out the gender.

I was able to get several hours of cleaning done today. There were a good amount of empty boxes in the master bathroom and I cleared them all out. Now the kitchen, bedroom, and master bathroom look much better. The living room is tolerable.

My goal is to become a master housekeeper like my grandmother. I have basic skills now but I eventually would like my cooking, cleaning, laundry, and perhaps even gardening skills to be really high quality.

I won't insult myself anymore when things get messy. It's just another opportunity to hone my skills.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
tomorrow I start my free course studies on Human Anatomy and Physiology. I hope I will be motivated enough to start and finish this well because the medication I'm currently withdrawing from causes me a lack of motivation. Today I filled a box of books from my bookshelf of books I want to give away. I made a smoothie, ate my dessert and teas and iced coffee and pretty good food today. I wonder how it'll be like tomorrow. today was also a sunny day.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today, we heard our baby's heartbeat at the clinic. Next month, we will find out the gender.

I was able to get several hours of cleaning done today. There were a good amount of empty boxes in the master bathroom and I cleared them all out. Now the kitchen, bedroom, and master bathroom look much better. The living room is tolerable.

My goal is to become a master housekeeper like my grandmother. I have basic skills now but I eventually would like my cooking, cleaning, laundry, and perhaps even gardening skills to be really high quality.

I won't insult myself anymore when things get messy. It's just another opportunity to hone my skills.
Congratulations! I really want to be good at sweeping and wiping the floor eventually and cooking more. That's all I have to master as I've been doing the dishes most of the time and I do the laundry once in a while. My mom doesn't have to do a thing in dishes usually but she works. :)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
today I made mango smoothie and ate something good and a clementine and a bean dessert and started my course in Human Anatomy and physiology. I love this topic. I just need the motivation that my medication gives me a lack of but I pushed myself and read a bit today. it's a free course so it's there 7 days a weeks, 24 hours a day for 6 weeks. I aim to read a lot more on Friday. tomorrow my mom is going to the eye doctor and she wants to shop for clothes so I'm going with her.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Later I’m going to graffiti God is a mad scientist, Satan sucks and get us out of here all over town

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's nice to come here and read about all of your goals. It really brightened my day.

Today, I'm having to go slow because of fatigue from the pregnancy but I had some high energy days before this that were great.

I'm continuing to study Japanese. My mother in law gave me some pregnancy books including "What to Expect When You're Expecting 5th Edition". So I have plenty to read.

My parents also sent me a card and a gift for Valentines Day. That was sweet of them.