How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I injured my back somehow. Yesterday was pretty rough. But today it's healed a bit so I'm happy. Watched church online this morning. Just watching movies now. Cheers!

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My back has improved enough to go for walks and a normal pace. And that's after 2 days of sleeping so I'm happy. I'm still not sure what I did. It's either my spine like I slipped a disc or I strained a muscle. Anyways, doing much better today. Watched church online and did my spiritual stuff to be closer to God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Bout 25 years ago, my wife planted daffodil bulbs on the north side of the house. No surprise, they wouldn't bloom there 'cuz there's no sunlight. My wife got mad at them, dug 'em up, and tossed them in woods behind the house. Didn't even plant them; just tossed them on the ground. Today, I look out the back window and see a field of yellow daffodils blooming amidst the tall pines and oaks, as they have every spring for the last 25 years. My wife thinks they're thumbing their noses at her, if daffodils had thumbs (they do have noses), but she's secretly happy about it.

Thank you, Father, for pretty flowers.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went 20 hours without solid food for a small mini fast.

Definitely would recommend.

:Zek:
I used to fast when I was LDS. We would fast once a month for 2 meals. And I fasted for other purposes for 3 days. It is a great way to get answers to prayers and be more spiritual. I've since become too mentally ill to fast. But I remember it well. Good job fasting!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I fasted for only 1 day, would that be a half-fast?
Fasting for the Lord is a lot more pleasant than going without solid food for 3 days so you can get your colonoscopy done. I've done both and wow, not fun. But 1 day I don't think would work except for the standard fast.

I was going to add that when I was LDS we donated the money we would have spent on food to the poor. And I later found that in the bible:

Isaiah 58

6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

Cheers!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fasting for the Lord is a lot more pleasant than going without solid food for 3 days so you can get your colonoscopy done. I've done both and wow, not fun. But 1 day I don't think would work except for the standard fast.

I was going to add that when I was LDS we donated the money we would have spent on food to the poor. And I later found that in the bible:

Isaiah 58

6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

Cheers!
That's interesting. Hubby was telling me about a conversation with his new LDS boss. He told me about the tithing system and the fasting money that went to the church members in need, poor and widows.

We both think this is really cool and what true tithing is despite not being LDS ourselves.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I just finished clearing out the empty boxes in the spare room after cleaning the guest bathroom and it hit me--- am I nesting?

I keep imagining new cleaning and organization projects like cleaning the refrigerator, redoing the pantry, etc. I figured I was finally stepping up my game and coming into my own as lady of the house. But maybe some of it is just me 'nesting' like my instincts are driving me to prep the home for baby.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Online church today was in sign language. They had a narrator speaking. I felt God above me as I watched. Great to be able to watch. My back is slowly improving. I've finished my theory for about a week or two now. Don't have anything more to do on it I think.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Ive been watching Youtube videos to improve my cooking and housekeeping skills. One of them recommended a cleaning system called Clean Mama, which I tried today.

I think my biggest struggle before was that I had to think too hard about what to do. But now our place actually looks good and it's such a joyful feeling.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Ive been watching Youtube videos to improve my cooking and housekeeping skills. One of them recommended a cleaning system called Clean Mama, which I tried today.

I think my biggest struggle before was that I had to think too hard about what to do. But now our place actually looks good and it's such a joyful feeling.
I'm glad your happy. Are you excited for the new baby? What a silly question, I'm sure you're excited! Cheers :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a good day, watched online church and worked on my theory. I had a scare the other day, I had chest pain and severely light headed with shortness of breath so I went to the walk in clinic and got checked out. Everything turned out OK so I was relieved. Good health is what I like. Cheers everyone! :)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad your happy. Are you excited for the new baby? What a silly question, I'm sure you're excited! Cheers :)
Today when I took a break, I imagined a new baby name and the theme I want for the nursery.

I'm very excited! Pregnancy has already taught me so many things.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today when I took a break, I imagined a new baby name and the theme I want for the nursery.

I'm very excited! Pregnancy has already taught me so many things.
When my ex wife and I had children, she was the one that read all the books and taught me how to care for them. She also had her family to learn from. It was fun. Children are the best gift we can get.

Reactions: Wynona and Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Busy yesterday, one Doe birthed 4 kid goats.
The Doe on the small size, so 4 kids was a surprise.
Wynona hope your first is not a multiple surprise ;)
Yes we had twins from IVF and it was more difficult.

• Wow
Reactions: Taken