How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought about it, but I got no idea what other kind of work I could even do. I'm not a very intelligent person like that. Is there any kind of test a person can take to find out what his abilities are?

You can try.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've done janitorial work in a grocery store as a courtesy clerk. ,,,

It must be so much worse in a school of children.
Not necessarily. My stepson works in a grocery store. He's technically not janitorial staff, but if something nasty needs to be done, he's the man. The store is in a transitional neighborhood between the middle class and the not-so-well-off where you get the occasional drunks and drug addicts and individuals who are generally disaffected from society using the public restrooms. Or maybe people are just plain slobs these days. Some of his stories: Cleaning up feces and urine and vomit and condoms and feminine hygiene products and needles ...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing that. The difference is the school treats you like your NOT IMPORTANT. In fact the teachers treat you like you don't even exist. Even if they plan something radical, you get excluded from the information. But expected to work around it. The teachers will walk right by me in the hallway and never even say Hi. Sometimes they will even put their nose up the air. My boss instructed me not to talk to them at all because they are too busy for you. I actually hope that I will loose this job.
Well if you're looking for people as your reward, then you probably won't get it. But I think you should take pride in your work. And I was talking about being rewarded from God thru the spirit of accomplishment and peace, love.

Last edited:

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not necessarily.

Your stepson is correct. People have issues. For some strange reason they like to act nasty in the restrooms.

I personally do not like people who deliberately mess in bathrooms. I think a lot of people share my sentiments. It could be a cultural thing. The place I grew up in being more asian than western.

Culturally, I would guess I've had to deal with fewer self destructive folk who went out of their way to make everything revolving around them an ugly scene. For better or worse, not everyone wants to live their lives like a complete degenerate.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally do not like people who deliberately mess in bathrooms. I think a lot of people share my sentiments. It could be a cultural thing. The place I grew up in being more asian than western.
Yeah, I noticed that when I was in places like Tokyo, Seoul, and Taipei. Very clean, at least in the places Westerners go. They didn't even have outdoor trash receptacles in Taiwan; I had to hold onto the wrapper from some food I bought from a street vendor until I got back to the hotel because there was no place to put it.

I also noticed in a men's room in Yokohama that they built a little ledge in front of the urinals. This forces the "user" to stand closer to the urinal because standing with your heels hanging over the curb is uncomfortable, thus decreasing the probability of a poorly aimed stream hitting the wall or floor. A subtle engineering detail to keep things a little cleaner.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is a great song :) my day was great yesturday, i did housework & then i did orgami with construction paper & watched DVD's & T.V.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was great spending time with my little sister-in-law today and taking a sabbath day. Not so great replacing a car part for a big chunk of money. That was discouraging.

My focus on contentment is being tested.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am shamelessly boring. When I think about how "mindfulness" looks to my 13 sister in law, I go 'wow that must seem super boring'. But I love it.

I love looking at the rain from the porch. I love hot tea and how the steam curls up. I love noticing the way shadows of leaves dance across our blinds.

I do feel a bit bad that I can't offer more excitement to little SIL but I am a great listener and I like showing her hospitality. So on the outside, she's bored. But she also lingers and follows me around at times like a shadow. She knows I love her so that is what is important.

I look back on my granny's hospitality and warmth and now understand the level of accomodation she had for me as a child even though she lived at a slower pace. So Ill try not to feel too bad that I'm boring.

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got to visit with family the other day. Had a doctors appointment that went well. I'm feeling pretty good today. Cheers!

Probably will cook up some potatoes. My new staple since prices went up on food.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More adversity has arrived but God is still on the throne. Im enjoying my library books and watching people sew dresses on Youtube.

I could use a nap.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't get the yubikey to work for PCLinuxOS. I was in the process of getting a wallpaper off the system before I erased it. I was trying to change the user privileges so that my external drives would work. I was following some instructions, that I used before. This time the last step didn't work. The system is now shot! I'm going to erase that drive.

I thought of another way to get the wallpaper from the PCLinuxOS drive. I will do that before erasing it.

I also tested out Linux Mint Debian Edition for my HP computer. I learned that I can't use the Linux Mint Debian Edition on that computer. The video drivers in the kernel isn't right. I ran into this same problem with MX Linux. Which is also a distribution of Linux that is based on Debian. I guess I can conclude that I can't run Debian on that computer. I can however run Linux Mint, Ubuntu and PClinuxOS. Currently Linux Mint XFCE which is based on Ubuntu is the one I've been running on that system.

I still got my cold.
I had to study Linux as part of my degree in computer technology. I dont use my degree but it was a good experience.

Good for you for using it. I found it all rather non-intuitive.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm feeling a little depressed today. I'm watching movies trying to cheer up a bit. I think I just need some sleep perhaps then I'll feel better. Cheers!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband's grandmother has been in a terrible accident today. Her condition does not look good. Things have been a bit stressful. I think we are both handling it the best we can.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to my neurology appointment and she asked me who my primary care doctor is. I said they both quit and I'm still waiting for a new one to start. She noticed that one of my primary care doctors that quit got hit by a car and killed. I was in shock a little. He really was helpful in helping me to figure out why I'm so fatigued all the time.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got to visit with family the other day. Had a doctors appointment that went well. I'm feeling pretty good today. Cheers!

Probably will cook up some potatoes. My new staple since prices went up on food.

I saw a video on youtube where an irishman grew 200+ pounds of potato inside of a 10 foot by 10 foot area and have been trying to replicate the feat without much success. I think my zone is too hot and has too much rain for potatos to form many tubers. Will have to make improvements and keep trying.

I couldn't get the yubikey to work for PCLinuxOS. I was in the process of getting a wallpaper off the system before I erased it. I was trying to change the user privileges so that my external drives would work.

I also tested out Linux Mint Debian Edition for my HP computer. I learned that I can't use the Linux Mint Debian Edition on that computer. The video drivers in the kernel isn't right. I ran into this same problem with MX Linux. Which is also a distribution of Linux that is based on Debian. I guess I can conclude that I can't run Debian on that computer. I can however run Linux Mint, Ubuntu and PClinuxOS. Currently Linux Mint XFCE which is based on Ubuntu is the one I've been running on that system.

It has been many years since I've done anything with external drives. If I remember correctly, HDDs used to have a jumper on the pin to designate its boot order or master/slave status. The master drive will boot 1st, with slave drives being designated secondary status.

Linux is known for lacking driver support. Many of the drivers that are supported were reverse engineered by devs and might lack some documentation and support. It might help to use open source software / codecs, rather than proprietary ones.

This is for podcast editing? Not certain which open source video editing software is good atm.

There is a lot more choice in Linux then Windows or Mac has. I have been able to do what I need to do with Linux, but anything much beyond that it isn't easy for me.

Windows locks me out of being able to control apps like windows defender.

It also starts up VideoBroadCast and other oddball apps and runs them in the background, causing significant amounts of lag.

And they don't allow a feature to turn these things off.

Which might alienate users and result in more linux users at some point.

Windows support is hard to beat though. Especially for games.

I went to my neurology appointment and she asked me who my primary care doctor is. I said they both quit and I'm still waiting for a new one to start. She noticed that one of my primary care doctors that quit got hit by a car and killed. I was in shock a little. He really was helpful in helping me to figure out why I'm so fatigued all the time.

Lots of unfortunate happenings atm.

I've exercised for 30 minutes and meditated for 30 minutes almost everyday in 2023. That seems to help with fatigue and tiredness.

Especially if it can be done in the morning before starting the day.

Last edited:

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More adversity has arrived but God is still on the throne. Im enjoying my library books and watching people sew dresses on Youtube.

I could use a nap.

I planted a few cotton trees and have been learning how to knit and sew.

In case the apocalypse happens and people around here someday need it.

Kind of silly. Yeah. lol

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I planted a few cotton trees and have been learning how to knit and sew.

In case the apocalypse happens and people around here someday need it.

Kind of silly. Yeah. lol
Hey I think sewing is a good just-in-case survival skill too!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not that I have anything to hide but Ive grown quite attached to my privacy. I haven't announced my pregnancy or posted anything on Facebook in many months and I like it that way. I have told the groups and people I want to know and the people I choose to keep out of the loop are out for a reason.

Not everyone can be happy for you and they can't rain on a parade they don't know is happening.