How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I breathed in oxygen, exhaling carbon dioxide.

Which might disappoint Greta Thunberg.

But I am actively improving my local biosphere, by pulling weeds and planting more beneficial plant life. Of which I think even Greta has to smile about that.

(If she ever does smile.)

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I was sad. My weekend trip to see family and the beach was over. It was so much fun fishing. I have to admit, there are downsides to my living situation, however minor.

But a little adversity is fine. I want to do my best to be grateful and enjoy life anyway. There's quite a lot to enjoy too.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rising food prices are encouraging me to scour internet retail websites for healthy and more affordable items. There are a few oddball angles I've found which might allow future meal plans to be both healthier and more affordable. Which is both a pleasant and unexpected surprise.

It also raises many interesting questions such as: "why is pudding so cheap"? I can't let these questions go. There will be googling until answers are found. My knowledge increases. It encourages me to cook more and improving my cooking skills.

Gradually, I hope to shift more towards growing more food. But the place I reside in is not unlike an ecological disaster. There are rampant pests and fungal diseases significantly reducing agricultural production. The neighbors tree produces 30 or 40 mangos each yea,r and each year all of them are infected with a black fungus, making them inedible.

It will take time and trial and error before I have a hope of figuring out how to alleviate these types of issues. But gradually I think I am seeing a small bit of progress. The amount of black fungus on some of the trees is decreasing. But at the same time, it appears to be spreading. Perhaps due to recent strong winds.

There is also ivy spreading everywhere, which I will probably end up pulling by hand once I have another compost bin to put it in.

I hope christians of the world are doing well. I hope they're learning and growing. While times of crisis are difficult, there can also be many opportunities and incentives to improve ourselves. Hope we're all making the most of them.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling great today other than a muscle cramp in my foot.

The amount of housework I was able to do was incredible and Im glad to say---with a good attitude.

I also prepared a fruit salad for the pregnancy center's birthday party. I still need to make two more birthday cards because we are celebrating three birthdays this month.

I even decided to wear a nice dress and wear nice hair for when hubby gets home. But you know what is making the difference in my energy? I decided to test out not having screens an hour before bed time. My sleep definitely felt better. I think thats why I have so much energy today.

My spending freeze started yesterday and I hope to make it till my birthday near the end of May.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How strange it is
That my granddaughter
The little girl who would ride on my shoulders,
With whom I would play "Hungry Hippos"
Play baseball
Hike around the woods
To see her as an adult, a peer
Giving competent life-advice to her own father
Engaged to be married.
It seems like only yesterday.
What happened?
How do they grow up so fast?

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's so cool wynona, my day was great yesturday, me and mom took our birds to the vet for their grooming in a neighboring town and we dropped them off & went to the thrift stores & then we came back to get them, today i got to go to the dollar store while mom went grocery shopping

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel more spiritual lately. I've been watching online church, praying and reading the scriptures. It's worked wonders in my life. Or the Lord has because of my including him in my day.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's shame that most people don't really know what a custodian/janitor does. Let me tell you about one of the nasty things we haft to do that nobody talks about. Did you know we clean up poop, urine, and puke? One time, I was sweeping a room and saw little brown things on the floor. The kid had picked his butt, rolled into little tiny balls, and it got sucked up into the vacuum cleaner. Just the other day I saw some poop smeared on the bathroom floor, but all I had was a mop, so mopped up the floor. It's not that uncommon for kids do something like that. But it was later when I was disinfecting the outside of the toilet, I got my biggest surprise. He had wiped a bunch of it under the toilet bowl. I had to get down on my hands an knees with a strong cleaner to try and remove it. But it was so bad that even the strong cleaner wouldn't remove all of it. Finally I had to take my glove off and pick the rest of it off. I hate my job.

I wanted to add a little more to what I was saying about facebook. It is very common for people to tell me, "I need facebook to keep in touch with my family." I think that is really sad! That we have gotten to the point to where we feel like we need social media to stay connected to our own families. I have often heard people say. "Facebook is so good because it helped me get reconnected with an old friend that I lost connection with." I'm not going to argue that Facebook doesn't do something "good" every now and then. But if it wasn't for it's popularity it wouldn't even do that "good". Think about it, what can facebook do that another internet platform couldn't? It's just popularity is all...

When I was using facebook, I felt like I was trying to use it correctly. It's called a social networking site for a reason. The idea is to connect people into a family tree of sorts. Friends of Friends of Friends. But I actually had a person complain to me when I tried to add a friend of a friend. I didn't ask that first friend to be my friend. In fact I challenged them, "you say you know me, but do you? Back in high school, what were we? We never talked, so what's your point?"

One of the reasons why facebook drove me into depression, was the fact there were lots and lots of people who wouldn't talk to me. Trying to talk to people was like pulling teeth. As a result, began to look other places for people to talk too. Since I'm already physically attracted to women, I found myself falling into lust, without getting any good out of any conversations. I tried to deal with it by writing poems. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many short poems I wrote about my struggles with lust.
My ex was a CNA, certified nurses assistant. She used to tell me about how disgusting it was to clean up patients. Tough work but rewarding I suppose. Feeling like you help people for a living. I would imagine the janitorial job is similarly rewarding. Making a clean environment for kids is important.

Last edited:

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's shame that most people don't really know what a custodian/janitor does.

I've done janitorial work in a grocery store as a courtesy clerk. It wasn't that bad thankfully. Once the toilet stopped working. The chain between the flusher knob and the lever broke. I took a paper clip and bent it to reconnect the two and felt like I was smart all day.

It must be so much worse in a school of children.

Have you ever thought of acquiring an online micro degree to find a new line of work? There are some which can be had for $50 and only a few weeks of internet courses.