How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of the widow and the unjust judge...she didn't leave it alone, she kept petitioning the judge and in his weariness of her "bothering" him, gave her her justice. But OUR Judge, never gives His gifts grudgingly :D
I use this as a model for praying. Love that story!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As soon as I get my energy back, all this stuff that is being given and accumulating and encroaching on my space is just getting purged.

I don't care if it was a gift. If its taking up space and doesn't add value to my life, it's on the chopping block. After I embraced minimalism, I loved housekeeping and everything got so much easier. But throughout the pregnancy its like stuff has grown a mind of its own and is determined to take over.

My day will come and I will take back over.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps your issue is not enough fibre in your diet.

Perhaps you need to add food that is high in fibre to what you eat.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I have plenty of fibre in my diet.

Yes, I thought that to, but the doctor still recommended that I take two to three fibre tablets with meals twice a day. The looseness problems I was experiencing is not as prevalent now and there is a new firmness in what I extrude. LOL.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flew two model airplanes today. Went the drug store and bought some probiotics, in hopes they will help my diarrhea problem go away. So far I've been having this problem for about 2 months.
I have the same problem. Not sure what causes it but I think it's bacterial overgrowth in my stomach. You might want to look into that. Beer can cause it to happen among other things. Probiotics are a good option along with natural yogurt.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had IBS all my life. I've experimented with adding fiber to my diet and it didn't help. For some reason last year I got diarrhea so bad that I couldn't leave the toilet for two weeks. It was around this time last year, that is why I'm trying the probiotics to see if they will keep it from getting that bad. The way I understand it is, when a person gets this problem there is nothing you can do but wait it out.
I use Imodium to control the diarrhea if I travel and it works pretty good.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going for an unmedicated birth. Its time to start eating dates! Dates, pineapple, red raspberry leaf tea, and walking are supposed to help with delivering a baby.

The tea, I will wait on till the very end, since it can induce labor. Same with pineapple. But I plan to eat six dates per day starting today.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going for an unmedicated birth. Its time to start eating dates! Dates, pineapple, red raspberry leaf tea, and walking are supposed to help with delivering a baby.

The tea, I will wait on till the very end, since it can induce labor. Same with pineapple. But I plan to eat six dates per day starting today.
...Dates are kinda gross... too syrupy sweet.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've had IBS all my life. I've experimented with adding fiber to my diet and it didn't help. For some reason last year I got diarrhea so bad that I couldn't leave the toilet for two weeks. It was around this time last year, that is why I'm trying the probiotics to see if they will keep it from getting that bad. The way I understand it is, when a person gets this problem there is nothing you can do but wait it out.
Fair enough. I understand that what has worked for me, may not be part of the solution for you. For me the additional fibre pills took a while to have an effect. I also tried probiotics as well. My diet also helped with my looseness.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 29:13

King James Version

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Hebrews 11:6

King James Version

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church down the road had a party yesterday and it looked like a 100 people or so. Wow big party, with bouncy houses and food and everything. They invited everyone. I noticed today that they had switched the sign from saying Lutheran to Baptist.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I picked a sister to pray for for 30 days without telling her as suggested by a Pinterest quote. It's day 5.

I haven't told her but its like I now know exactly what to say to encourage her in her situation now. I have this wellness journal I got for my birthday and I write the prayers all over the boxes and prompts willy nilly but once I start, I get these prayer visions---focuses of what to pray for. Out of that, I get something so good that I have to share.

God is amazing. Talking to Him about the situations my sister is facing has been incredible because these word treasures come out and now Im starting to see how time in prayer can go beyond being a chore and just become a lifestyle.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I picked a sister to pray for for 30 days without telling her as suggested by a Pinterest quote. It's day 5.

I haven't told her but its like I now know exactly what to say to encourage her in her situation now. I have this wellness journal I got for my birthday and I write the prayers all over the boxes and prompts willy nilly but once I start, I get these prayer visions---focuses of what to pray for. Out of that, I get something so good that I have to share.
What a great thing to do! I know I fall short in prayer! I know God is always here with me, always listening, always guiding me, and there are so many I don't pray for as I should!

Just like you've said here, God is so faithful that when we set ourselves to serve Him, this way, or whatever way, He empowers us to be fruitful, in a joyous labor.

God is amazing. Talking to Him about the situations my sister is facing has been incredible because these word treasures come out and now Im starting to see how time in prayer can go beyond being a chore and just become a lifestyle.
Amen!! Yes, a lifestyle of prayer!

I think I've told you this before, but in case I haven't, this was something a pastor said once that really resonated in my mind. It really changed my prayer life.

He said it's like girl says to her boyfriend as they talk on the phone late one night, "Don't hang up the phone . . . just lay it on your pillow next to you as you fall asleep. And when we wake up in the morning we'll still be connected." He said, "It's just like that, you never have to hang up the phone."

In Romans 6 it says we are "alive unto God", to me, that means, among other things, that everything I think and do and say is directly in front of God. And through it all He loves me, and works all into good for me, and is my Father. I can literally talk to Him freely about anything, there is nothing He doesn't already know about.

Much love!