How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told my husband, Id never date online if I had to date again. Something about how a virtuous woman is hidden.

But now I have the real reason: I wouldn't take it seriously and would troll people.

" Hi, I'm Wynona.

My interests are texting. Sleeping. Eating. Discussing the timing of the great tribulation online and arguing the merits of a timeline in which the rapture happens afterwards.
Shopping. And Tetris."

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The banquet went beautifully. It was a great night for the pro-life cause.

I had a lot of fun and talking to K was a lot of fun as well.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My day was a victorious one. I wasn't overwhelmed by pain and for me, a day survived is a day overcome. Gonna try adding a new medication called, "Lyrica." It's supposed to help sciatica. I hope it goes well.

Reactions: Wynona

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was a good day for me, i ordered 2 new iphones for me and my mom a month ago, and we got them today. Plus i had a good sell on eBay today. God was very gracious to me today. Much more than i deserve.

Reactions: Truman and Wynona

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My day was a victorious one. I wasn't overwhelmed by pain and for me, a day survived is a day overcome. Gonna try adding a new medication called, "Lyrica." It's supposed to help sciatica. I hope it goes well.
Truman, I hope the new meds work for you.

I have a collapsed disc under my 6th lumbar that clamps down on the sciatic nerve. When the pain became chronic and I couldn’t walk around the block, I got a got a referral to an orthopedist who gave be a shot of some steroid (cortisone?) right in the disc. It hurt like the very fires of Hell for about 10 seconds, but now I can walk a couple of miles (to the delight of my dog), and I’m no longer in constant pain. That alone was worth the price of admission.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Truman, I hope the new meds work for you.

I have a collapsed disc under my 6th lumbar that clamps down on the sciatic nerve. When the pain became chronic and I couldn’t walk around the block, I got a got a referral to an orthopedist who gave be a shot of some steroid (cortisone?) right in the disc. It hurt like the very fires of Hell for about 10 seconds, but now I can walk a couple of miles (to the delight of my dog), and I’m no longer in constant pain. That alone was worth the price of admission.
I severely herniated L5 disc, had facet blocks, then discectomy and eventual degenerative disc disease caused bilateral sciatica nearly 11 years ago. Not wanting to end up in a wheelchair, I've lived with it. On a good day, I can walk several miles. On a bad day, to the kitchen and back. It never stops. Oh well. It's not going to last forever.
I am on the road...to my home...in the New Jerusalem!
Looking neither to the left, nor to the right
But gazing straight ahead, I see a glorious sight
Descending from the sky, adorned like a bride, is my home!
I'm on the road, I'm going home, I'm on the road, I'm not alone
I'm on the road...to my home...and when I get there, there will be...
No more death, no more mourning
No more crying...and pain! Hallelujah! tc

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband is back earlier than expected so I'm happy.

We agree that the Bible clearly states that those who put in cereal before their milk are reprobate. There's no hope at that point.

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My husband is back earlier than expected so I'm happy.

We agree that the Bible clearly states that those who put in milk before their cereal are reprobate. There's no hope at that point.
Then you're reading the wrong translation and not getting fed properly!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today has been good. My young sister-in-law is staying over with us. We've had a lot of fun thrifting and watching shows.

God has given me a full life! Im so grateful!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am full of joy and gratitude today.

The weather is beautiful.

And I feel like Im growing in the Lord.

Reactions: farouk

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost every body image issue I've had comes from a worldly lie.

The modern fashion is to have a flat stomach, or even to be curvy with a small waist.

But it used to be, if you look at historical art, that the fashion was for women to have a bit more meat on their bones.

If you enslave yourself to that worldly mindset, you'll never be satisfied. I realize now how much wasted time I put in to look like how I used to, to fit into a beauty standard that no one else really cares that I live up to.

But the truth sets us free. It's who we are in our inner person that matters. God's standard of beauty for women is a quiet and gentle spirit that trusts in Him and is fearless.

I don't know why I put myself through so much mental torture for not being "doll-like", "small", and model thin. I was like that once and even then, I was insecure. It never ends because our worth should not be wrapped up in just our appearance in the first place.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Almost every body image issue I've had comes from a worldly lie.

The modern fashion is to have a flat stomach, or even to be curvy with a small waist.

But it used to be, if you look at historical art, that the fashion was for women to have a bit more meat on their bones.

If you enslave yourself to that worldly mindset, you'll never be satisfied. I realize now how much wasted time I put in to look like how I used to, to fit into a beauty standard that no one else really cares that I live up to.

But the truth sets us free. It's who we are in our inner person that matters. God's standard of beauty for women is a quiet and gentle spirit that trusts in Him and is fearless.

I don't know why I put myself through so much mental torture for not being "doll-like", "small", and model thin. I was like that once and even then, I was insecure. It never ends because our worth should not be wrapped up in just our appearance in the first place.
@Wynona I take your point about the primacy of the inward and spiritual. Consistent with Ephesians indeed.

My wife, who would agree also, doesn't consider herself properly dressed unless she puts on her face.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I take your point about the primacy of the inward and spiritual. Consistent with Ephesians indeed.

My wife, who would agree also, doesn't consider herself properly dressed unless she puts on her face.

Maybe I'd put on make-up if I had the first clue how to make it look good. I use very little most days.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Maybe I'd put on make-up if I had the first clue how to make it look good. I use very little most days.
@Wynona Similarly with earrings, I guess....some ppl genuinely prefer the bare earlobes, minimalist look; for others, they feel if they don't keep little studs or sleepers in how ever many holes they have gotten put in, they might lose the holes, closing up through disuse...

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot to turn my sundial back an hour this morning.

(I’ll probably have to explain that to the UK and Oz contingents)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel amazing today. The weather is so nice. God is so good!

The trail was beautiful and I smiled at all the people. The local gas station took down their mask requirement sign.

I am just obnoxiously happy right now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You twist the afro hair and then it settles in for awhile. Then you wear the results.

Here is a picture of me wearing one beside my husband. This pic is a few years old.

View attachment 16848
@Wynona Nice picture of you guys; taken in church someplace, maybe?

You were talking about hair; it's probably accurate to say that the proportion of hair length to earring size can also be significant and helpful to remember.