How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My day wasn't great and neither will be tomorrow...
I messed up a job last week and im in the process of fixing it...:oops:

But its all good... Chin up and get the job done cos everyone makes a mistake every now and then... Its a trait of being human

I wonder if God made mistakes when he built the universe... My instinct says no but he might have... Who knows

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My day wasn't great and neither will be tomorrow...
I messed up a job last week and im in the process of fixing it...:oops:

But its all good... Chin up and get the job done cos everyone makes a mistake every now and then... Its a trait of being human

I wonder if God made mistakes when he built the universe... My instinct says no but he might have... Who knows
Only God knows...Lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Though He's so awesome...I don't think He's ever made a mistake. I do think He's beyond our capability to comprehend.
"8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another really good day, talking with the volunteers and staff who have become like my family.

K got me a really nice card with a plantable seed envelope. The envelope can be planted! It's so kind of her to hear that I wanted a plant and then give me something like that.

My husband is home today from working and we were able to do errands and enjoy time together.

My new habit of washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen each time I use them is starting is really satisfying because my kitchen is now always clean.

Im starting to really enjoy cleaning and cleanliness as a lifestyle.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One really good habit I had when I was younger that I did just now was mindful chewing.

As a kid, I wanted to make the eating experience last as long as possible so I chewed really well. But I also didn't eat as much, since I would feel full quicker.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, I have decided that I want to continue living so I can help those who are overwhelmed with pain, illness, and facing possible death. This is worth suffering for. Before I know it, this life will be gone.
"who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:4
@Truman Great verse there; thank-you.

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One really good habit I had when I was younger that I did just now was mindful chewing.

As a kid, I wanted to make the eating experience last as long as possible so I chewed really well. But I also didn't eat as much, since I would feel full quicker.
@Wynona You mean, chewing gum?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, I mean chewing regular food, but chewing it really well and savouring it rather than gobbling it down.
@Wynona

Oh okay...

I know that you have ideas about what is and is not ladylike; I guess some ppl might think chewing gum was not ladylike, supposedly. (A bit like arguments about pants and tattoos among really strict Fundamentalists, I suppose...)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona

Oh okay...

I know that you have ideas about what is and is not ladylike; I guess some ppl might think chewing gum was not ladylike, supposedly. (A bit like arguments about pants and tattoos among really strict Fundamentalists, I suppose...)

Lol Even I chew gum at times.

I guess God looks at the heart. Its no use having long hair and skirts if you're mean as a snake. But that's my comfort zone.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I found a blue packet wrapped in 100 mile an hour tape in my front lawn today when mowing, that idiot I punched out the other day, must of dropped it, it was right were I punched him and yep 2 needles were in it. :mad: what an oxygen thief. a mate said that the idiot could have Hep B.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Another really good day, talking with the volunteers and staff who have become like my family.

K got me a really nice card with a plantable seed envelope. The envelope can be planted! It's so kind of her to hear that I wanted a plant and then give me something like that.

My husband is home today from working and we were able to do errands and enjoy time together.

My new habit of washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen each time I use them is starting is really satisfying because my kitchen is now always clean.

Im starting to really enjoy cleaning and cleanliness as a lifestyle.
@Wynona Great that you get along well with other coworkers; not everyone has this advantage...

Reactions: Wynona

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, Wynona! Lol Takes all types. Lol:eek:
My day has been a trying ordeal...in other words, normal! Lol:confused:
My never-ending nightmare! :(
But He is in control and has a purpose for my suffering.:)
All in all, today is just about finished! :cool:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, K came over to see me and my husband and we had a great time.

We mainly talked how we met and got married about her suitor and how she should handle his interest in her.

I made some scratch made cornbread and we really had fun. It's so good to finally have friends that are high quality that Im proud to show off.

She even brought a gift with her! She is definitely a special person.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today, K came over to see me and my husband and we had a great time.

We mainly talked how we met and got married about her suitor and how she should handle his interest in her.

I made some scratch made cornbread and we really had fun. It's so good to finally have friends that are high quality that Im proud to show off.

She even brought a gift with her! She is definitely a special person.
Scratch cornbread...drool! I haven't had any of that since my mother passed away. Steamin' hot with lots of butter!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had some very good friends, but...eventually, they walked away from me. I wasn't pushing Jesus on them, though in the end that's what I was accused of. I just would no longer join in with them in reindeer games.
No more red noses for me, thank you. Though a rum and coke would taste pretty good right about now. I've found something much better than anything the world could offer!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had some very good friends, but...eventually, they walked away from me. I wasn't pushing Jesus on them, though in the end that's what I was accused of. I just would no longer join in with them in reindeer games.
No more red noses for me, thank you. Though a rum and coke would taste pretty good right about now. I've found something much better than anything the world could offer!

I am sorry those friends walked away and accused you like that.
It mustve hurt.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sorry those friends walked away and accused you like that.
It mustve hurt.
It did, as I knew them from childhood, but we were bad boys...at least one of us grew up. It was a relief, too, as I knew it was coming. They were in their 50's and they were acting like teenagers. Oh well! Lol Hey! I can call them heathens, though they would probably like that.