How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I was reading 10 Things You Can't Say in America by Larry Elder.

He does a great job of showing what a sham it is to blame problems of African Americans on white racism at all costs.

He does such a good job, that I am almost grieving the lack of balance that certain black leaders have had in their rhetoric.

Teaching a victim mentality and teaching that racial discrimination is the reason blacks can't get ahead has real consequences. A culture of underachievement is one of the least of them.

The real issues are fatherlessness, lack of focus on education, and the very victim mentality the media pushes. If everyone says you can't get ahead because of racism and you believe that nonsense then why even try.

And it is nonsense. There is racism but it isn't systemic and there is no actual proof that discrimination is keeping blacks unsuccessful.

Those who work hard and apply themselves to some kind of skill see plenty of success, regardless of race.

What about Nigerian immigrants who come over to America and become highly successful doctors, lawyers, and IT professionals? Shouldn't racism also keep them down? What about Asian Americans?

What a load of nonsense all this victim stuff is.
Socio-political problems are very easily over-simplified and over-complicated.

However, the wounds of racism in America are so deep that they will never be healed by anything short of the 2nd coming of Jesus.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

However, the wounds of racism in America are so deep that they will never be healed by anything short of the 2nd coming of Jesus.

It's been healed in me personally. You just have to let it go.

Edit: I should say let God deal with it and let it go.

I'm optimistic about race relations in America. We are one of the least racist countries in the world. The media portrays racial strife because it profits them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Giving myself permission to not create things I have to do and simply relax. Ive been journaling almost every day and it's been great for my mental clarity.
Mental Health is so important to our general well being. I recently did 8 hour, Mental Health, First Aid Course through St Johns [a charitable organisation that provides health care to NZ]
It was so enlightening...:)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Racial Divide has been a Long term Governmental Political Tool to promote and stir conflict.
It really does not matter, WHO at any given moment the Gov’t can Divide, it benefits Them...Because it keeps the eyes off the Back door secret shenanigans the Govt is plotting.

When the govy butts out, people hang with who they like without consideration of Race, Gender, Religion, Fashion, Fame, blah, blah, blah.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Racial Divide has been a Long term Governmental Political Tool to promote and stir conflict.
It really does not matter, WHO at any given moment the Gov’t can Divide, it benefits Them...Because it keeps the eyes off the Back door secret shenanigans the Govt is plotting.

When the govy butts out, people hang with who they like without consideration of Race, Gender, Religion, Fashion, Fame, blah, blah, blah.
Not only that, but it forms voter blocks.

Reactions: Taken