How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I am an ambivert. But lately, I just like keeping to just me and my husband.

My new favorite nighttime routine is tea, journaling, and relaxing music.

I journal all the time. I put everything on paper in great detail that I’m struggling with and at some point, just putting it down, sometimes over and over again, leads to the most amazing insights and understandings. Some of the pages are wrinkled from tears of frustration and some are wrinkled from tears of gratitude.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I journal all the time. I put everything on paper in great detail that I’m struggling with and at some point, just putting it down, sometimes over and over again, leads to the most amazing insights and understandings. Some of the pages are wrinkled from tears of frustration and some are wrinkled from tears of gratitude.

How long have you been journaling?

I started just writing in an app. But now I write with pen in a school five-subject notebook. There's something about pen on paper that provides therapy for me.

I have a beautiful Van Gogh journal waiting for me once I finish this current one.

Journaling is one of the few things that allows me to focus on the present moment and my surroundings. It helps me clear my head.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember in the early days of the "fast-food" restaurants they had price wars for hamburgers just like the price wars for gasoline. Those who could afford it sold hamburgers at a loss in order to drive competitors out of business. One of the big winners, of course, was McDonalds! How many hamburgers does one get for a dollar at McDonalds today?

None. Haha! They had a dollar menu but that went the way of the dinosaurs maybe…three years ago? Suddenly their dollar menu became a $1.19 menu, now it’s more like a $2 menu. The big thing in sales now is 2 for $6. A fish sandwich is now about $5.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You used to be able to get a McChicken for a dollar. Ive never eaten a hamburger from McDonalds.
You haven't missed a whole lot. My wife has always had better taste buds than me so we avoided McDonald's when we went out for hamburgers.

During the price wars I remember paying 15 cents for a hamburger at Henry's one of the competitors during that war.

Shortly after my marriage [1972] we were usually paying about 35 cents at places like Foster's Old Fashioned Freeze in California.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long have you been journaling?

I started just writing in an app. But now I write with pen in a school five-subject notebook. There's something about pen on paper that provides therapy for me.

I have a beautiful Van Gogh journal waiting for me once I finish this current one.

Journaling is one of the few things that allows me to focus on the present moment and my surroundings. It helps me clear my head.

Ive been journaling for…15 or 16 years. Yes, it becomes therapy and aha moments that let you move onward. God is certainly there in the journaling! Mostly my journaling in the beginning was the constant writing of all my bitter frustrations. It still is sometimes but it’s become more of a discovery process now. It’s definitely a right brained thing.

I mostly use the 5 subject big notebooks but when I find a good journal for cheap I almost can’t wait to fill up my old one so I can use it. And the right pen is very important to me for some reason. I used to save all my journals but now I throw them away when insight fully comes on a thing. When I have moved on from it, there’s no reason really to keep over a decades worth of them.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another awesome day with the Lord.

A wake-up-early-and-walk kind of day for me.

I helped load up hubby's truck with food so he doesn't have to eat out all the time. So far, so good with that. Father's day is this Sunday.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was productive today. Am fasting from spending so no trips to the thrift store lately.

Have a lot of reading to catch up on. Am reading The Story of Britain which is about British history.

I also have a DVD about the history of Scotland and a Larry Elder book called 10 things You Can't Say in America.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace Did your handwriting improve with time? Mine is... passable.

Hah! No. The worse my arthritis gets the worse my handwriting gets, but luckily God doesn’t have a problem with it. He knows what I’m struggling with and writing about before I even write it! And no one else reads my journals so it doesn’t matter. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely helps me keep my thoughts in order.

I keep mine in a password-protected file on my computer. That way I keep my inner stuff between me God.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely helps me keep my thoughts in order.

I keep mine in a password-protected file on my computer. That way I keep my inner stuff between me God.

There are letters and notes and journal type things from many old saints that I have got such help from. I’m glad they didn’t have password protected computers way back then! :)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are letters and notes and journal type things from many old saints that I have got such help from.
:)

Unfortunately, mine contains confessions of my many sins and doubts and struggles, which I would prefer not to share with snooping eyes. Not even posthumously, much less while I'm still alive.:oops:

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

Unfortunately, mine contains confessions of my many sins and doubts and struggles, which I would prefer not to share with snooping eyes, not even posthumously, much less while I'm still alive.:oops:

I understand. But just think if Paul’s great sin was not recorded for us, that he helped to murder Christians. I think it has helped many a man to see it and to see the great forgiveness and mercy and grace of God toward us. But I do understand.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand. But just think if Paul’s great sin was not recorded for us, that he helped to murder Christians. I think it has helped many a man to see it and to see the great forgiveness and mercy and grace of God toward us. But I do understand.
Nor would we have Psalm 51 if it weren't for David's sin. But I'm still keeping mine between me and God.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There are letters and notes and journal type things from many old saints that I have got such help from. I’m glad they didn’t have password protected computers way back then! :)
reading your own five year old, or i guess even one year old stuff can be revealing too

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reading your own five year old, or i guess even one year old stuff can be revealing too

oh my goodness yes! I read them again before I throw them out. Occasionally, I rip a page out here or there to keep, but mostly, reading them a gain a few years later shows me how He was always working.