How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thirsty so I went for the faucet handle with my cup and to my surprise as I touched the right side of the handle, there I saw a spider on the left side and just as I was about to reach the left side it raised it's front legs and bore his fangs at me. So I backed off and killed it with some tissue. It looked like a poisonous brown recluse that I have viewed in pictures before.

Strange but I sure am glad I didn't get bit by a brown recluse spider. For those of you that don't know they make big holes in your flesh as their venom rots your tissue.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thirsty so I went for the faucet handle with my cup and to my surprise as I touched the right side of the handle, there I saw a spider on the left side and just as I was about to reach the left side it raised it's front legs and bore his fangs at me. So I backed off and killed it with some tissue. It looked like a poisonous brown recluse that I have viewed in pictures before.

Strange but I sure am glad I didn't get bit by a brown recluse spider. For those of you that don't know they make big holes in your flesh as their venom rots your tissue.
Oh wow. Im glad you didn't get bit too.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow. Im glad you didn't get bit too.
My homeless brother that recently died was sleeping in the woods behind my place and he showed me a hole in his leg and the doctor said he had been bit by a brown recluse. It was terrible so yeah I'm glad I noticed it at the last second. It was on top of the round knob on the faucet handle.

It reminds me of snake stories from California. If you surprise a rattle snake it will bite you.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm glad you didn't get bitten either, i'm glad everyone here is doing good, i haven't been here for a couple of days because i've been busy, yesturday i went into town & got some herbs for my herb garden so far i've gotten lemon balm & rosemary, planning to get more herbs before spring ends, went to the thrift store too

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm glad you didn't get bitten either, i'm glad everyone here is doing good, i haven't been here for a couple of days because i've been busy, yesturday i went into town & got some herbs for my herb garden so far i've gotten lemon balm & rosemary, planning to get more herbs before spring ends, went to the thrift store too
I have a few indoor plants but would love to plant some tomatoes or just start growing more things from seeds.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went for a long walk at the nature trail today. Last time, I stopped where there was this long tunnel under an overpass. It looked creepy. But these two runners went in so I looked at it. It didn't seem so bad today.

One day, I will explore past the tunnel just to see more of the city's trail.

Husband and his Mom are on an emergency visit to see family so Ive slowed down this week. I shared a mini watermelon with my little sister-in-law. Im not sure what she eats so it helps me feel better to check in.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already watched online church so I'm kinda bored today. Maybe I'll watch some conference. I just don't really enjoy hearing conference as it is so legalistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm glad everybody here is doing good, yesturday i went to church with mom & dad, & then this past week i went and got some more plants, i got honey mellon sage, basil, lavendar, tried to make orgami paper flowers too :)

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am seeking the Lord on what it means to be a modest woman. I really want the conviction to come from Him.

Ive changed a lot over the years but on some things, I still waffle. There are still some things I wear because it is expected and not necessarily because it's what I feel God is teaching me to wear.

God is also teaching me the beauty of a quiet life and not seeking attention and validation from the world.

Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Despite the struggles and spiritual attacks, I'm doing well. I was really on fire volunteering today. It was the distraction I loved.

I love Pinterest. There are so many positive and Godly quotes on being a housewife and homemaking there.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today went well. I don't seem to mind a lot of things. The spending freeze is no longer bothering me. I have a want list but once the freeze is over, I plan to be very patient with each item on the list.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm glad that everyone has been doing well here, my day was great yesturday, got my Herb garden planted this week, went to the dollar store & got a watering can, will put stems on the orgami flowers i made, watched DVd's & T.V. this week

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once my spending freeze ends, then what? Am thinking about how I will approach my want list after its over.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once my spending freeze ends, then what? Am thinking about how I will approach my want list after its over.
I personally am poor and I have everything I need with family. I just need food to survive and companionship. And isn't that God's kingdom. Eternal life like we're eating food (Jesus body and blood) that keeps us young. And a loving heavenly family that God is in charge of? What do you think?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally am poor and I have everything I need with family. I just need food to survive and companionship. And isn't that God's kingdom. Eternal life like we're eating food (Jesus body and blood) that keeps us young. And a loving heavenly family that God is in charge of? What do you think?
The Bible says with food and clothing, we shall be content. I would like to be more prayerful before I spend money on anything unnecessary because I agree that the Lord is good at meeting needs. Having money for anything beyond that is certainly not something were entitled to.

I have been wasteful in the past. I am coming to value frugality, contentment and sharing.