Hungry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the bread of life for a reason. We are to come to Him empty and hungry.

We often dull our hunger with self and worry or with pride.

But we need God now like never before. We need to be alone with Him, seeking Him with all our hearts. It's in the hungering and thirsting after righteousness that we are filled.

If you want to see a change in yourself and the world around you, you must be hungry for it.

This world is crumbling, literally falling apart leaving us with so many questions. The answer is Jesus and seeking more of Him.

I need to do whatever it takes to seek Him e every day and to get into my Word and my prayer closet.

Because at the end of the day, I am not enough. I'd all dust and wind and vanity without God.

I need God to breathe on me, to inspire me to look beyond what I see. I need Him to see that Im opening up for the manna, I want to recieve all that He has for me.

Lord, let me be different. Let revival start with me! It starts with hunger.

Hunger for more than the status quo and more of God's Spirit and his anointing.

Hunger for love and affection being fulfilled in Christ our Lord. Hunger for acknowledgement being filled by whispers from the Heavenly Father.

It starts with hunger because some things only go through prayer and fasting.

So be hungry for more of God and He will meet you and fill you with His goodness and love.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the bread of life for a reason. We are to come to Him empty and hungry.

But we need God now like never before. We need to be alone with Him, seeking Him with all our hearts. It's in the hungering and thirsting after righteousness that we are filled.

If you want to see a change in yourself and the world around you, you must be hungry for it.

This world is crumbling, literally falling apart leaving us with so many questions. The answer is Jesus and seeking more of Him.

I need to do whatever it takes to seek Him e every day and to get into my Word and my prayer closet.

Because at the end of the day, I am not enough. I'd all dust and wind and vanity without God.

I need God to breathe on me, to inspire me to look beyond what I see. I need Him to see that Im opening up for the manna, I want to recieve all that He has for me.

Hunger for love and affection being fulfilled in Christ our Lord. Hunger for acknowledgement being filled by whispers from the Heavenly Father.

So be hungry for more of God and He will meet you and fill you with His goodness and love.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

#1 post of the day.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen my sister, wholeheartedly again. Good to see your post today, hope you and your family are doing good, also for everyone else whom have posted here today!

Jesus is the answer it is so true. Today had went and learned about the Spirit of Christ and wow what a wonderous joy to know that the characteristics of his spirit is with-in us, and it is up to us in abiding in Jesus that one allows the spirit to come through rather than the flesh.

:)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Revival starts with me, by lighting revival fire in me! It may seem like a small thing, but a single spark can start a forest fire!
"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin," - Zechariah 4:10a

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

May I add to what you are saying? The bread of life is directly connected to the manna. The bread which came down from heaven from our Father. They had to go out daily for 6 days to gather it which is likened in your post to being with Him daily in pray and also what our Master Yeshua said quoting directly from Deut 8:3 Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of YHWH. The Word is also that living bread and Yeshua is the Word.

Shalom and Blessings

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Wynona Psalm 63 is relevant also :) :

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

9 But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.

10 They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.

11 But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped."