Hydration is key, to spiritual balance (thirsty?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there!

So remember what Jesus said, when He was on the Cross? "I thirst". Quenching thirst, in our coming to the Cross, is crucial to our walk with Christ. If we do not quench our spiritual thirst, we are unbalanced, unfocussed, unsettled. These things come to us, if our focus on the Cross is hydrated. That said, we know that Christ suffered for our thirst, on the Cross, as much as was humanly possible. Therefore we have an advocate in our thirst, in Jesus! Jesus is able to lead us to spiritual hydration. We must remember this: Jesus is not against our thirst (but for it).

The Devil, on the other hand, is against our thirst - he (the Devil) would rather that we just grow in thirst unceasingly. We must rebuke the Devil, and avoid him. Not being afraid to encounter him, but being aware that he thirsts against God and hungers to devour the things of God without gratitude (that is, without recognition that the things of God are things of God). This is the Devil's sin, that we thirst and become angry, just as Moses became angry at the rock, which he struck - when God was saying "all that is needed, is that you speak to the rock". The power of the Lord's resistance to the Devil, is that He is able to quench our thirst, even when the Devil says "there is nothing to be quenched with".

Can we repent of sinful thirst? It stands to reason there is both thirst and thirst in sin - the Bible condemns people who "drink iniquity, like water". Therefore we must be mindful, that our thirst is genuine thirst. But what does the Lord say? "Eat my flesh and drink my blood!" We have a strength to quench our thirst in Jesus, both hunger and thirst. Is this important then? Yes! For spirituality without balance, is harm. We must be diligent then, to drink of the Lord, to be filled and to drink. Then when our spiritual balance is great, we will have temperance in everything. We will trust the Lord to lead us to food and drink, with which we can care for our bodies.

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you, the Lord quench and bless you.

God bless.

Reactions: Cassandra