Husband hiding things from me with co worker

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you feel if you husband asked you if he can have a girlfriend? How can this even cross his mind if he really loved me. Of course I told him no and asked him if he had someone in mind to ask such a question, he said no, he just wanted to see what I would say. He asked me this right after I told him I fell in love with him all over again on our trip. I just wanted to die.

You guys need a break from each other.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would normally agree aspen if it were just a matter of personal issues that need to be resolved with the understanding that they love each other and would never cross the line re: their marriage vows but in this situation...I do not believe it is the case. I would appreciate it if members here, reading this would pray God's will into this difficult situation...

Blessings!!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would normally agree aspen if it were just a matter of personal issues that need to be resolved with the understanding that they love each other and would never cross the line re: their marriage vows but in this situation...I do not believe it is the case. I would appreciate it if members here, reading this would pray God's will into this difficult situation...

Blessings!!!

You cannot stop another person from doing what they are going to do. Anyone who would suggest bringing a third person into a troubled marriage is already breaking their vows. I am not suggesting divorce, but I am suggesting a break. Indeed, we all need to pray for God's will in this situation.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are welcome... ^_^

He asked if he could have a girlfriend aspen. That indicates to me that he is not going to just break those vows but wants permission to do so...It is possible that he will do whatever he wants anyway but at the moment he still has a conscience...JMHO

Shalom!!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are welcome... ^_^

He asked if he could have a girlfriend aspen. That indicates to me that he is not going to just break those vows but wants permission to do so...It is possible that he will do whatever he wants anyway but at the moment he still has a conscience...JMHO

Shalom!!!

Wow .....

Being a guy, that is not how I see it at all. But, who knows?

In my experience, men (on there way out the door) disrespect women for as long as they can hang on before they finally move on. Therefore, once a man disrespect you. it is time to go. I think this is why men who abuse women continue to abuse them, no matter how many times the women tries to work with them.

There is no way a man will respect a women who sticks around after he has asked to have a girlfriend - he has become like a bear that attacks a human - there is no going back.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
aspen, you are only seeing one side of this situation. If he chooses to leave then that is his choice but he doesn't. At this point, he wants her to release him to do whatever he wants ie: have a relationship with other women...but does not want to be the perpetrator - the bad guy here, that is why he wants her to agree. He may end up doing it or leaving anyway but at the moment, he is at crossroads...There is war going on over his life right now...a perfect time to pray God's will into this situation.

He is technically trying to get his wife to agree with him purely for the sake of his own conscience. Being convicted by the Holy Spirit is not an easy thing to ignore...

Continuing to pray into the situation sister!
Blessings!!!

Daughter Of Sarah

Dec 25, 2009
OMG..it just hit me, he always accuses me of not respecting him, when all along its him who doesn't respect me. Today he called me a dumb ass in front of our family visiting for his birthday. He blamed me for his mistake again. What am I suppose to do?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a guy, Angelina. I think I know what I am talking about.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
DoS this is your decision, not anyone else's. Aspen...the choices you make have been your own... just because it was good for you. It isn't always going to be good for others... :huh:

Bless ya!!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is your choice - I am not suggesting a divorce, There is nothing wrong with a little time away so you can think straight.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is nothing wrong with a little time away so you can think straight.

There is if he gets the freedom to cross that line and perhaps he may anyway but at the moment, I believe there is a window of opportunity through prayer and God's divine intervention while he is still being the husband and Father in their home. The choice again is yours DoS...it's gonna be a difficult road either way but I would again suggest some kind of support and from a body of believers...

Shalom!!!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I've read through this thread and a couple things stand out...

As has already been said DOS, you cannot control his thoughts and actions. Someone once told me that it is not the actions of others that cause the sin in your life, it's your reaction.

There are things within your own life that need addressed. Again, as has already been pointed out...Reading someone elses text messages is a violation of trust regardless of the reason.

You also have said that your husband is "keeping things" from you. If this is so, how do you know about the money he gave her, the fact that he "changed his password", the lunches, etc? You sound pretty informed as to what he's up to. Is he really not "keeping" this from you but bragging about it?

There are some very deep issues here, however, the ONLY thing you can do about it is obsess on God more than you obsess on your husband and concentrate on being the women God intends for you to be. Immerse yourself in Him, alone. If YOU stay within HIS perfect will, your destiny will be dictated by God. Your husband may or may not be part of the equation...That is up to God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
HI DoS
Please consider finding a body of Christ to be a part of...it's difficult without the support, counsel and encouragement of other believers. Particularly when you are facing something like this. A forum is okay but it can only go so far. May the Lord bless you and your family in the days ahead.

Shalom!!!

Daughter Of Sarah

Dec 25, 2009
That woman is laid off right now due to lack of work. She continues to text my husband at work. She told him she needs to talk to a therapist and he told her she can talk to him even though she doesn't work there for now. Please pray they don't call her back and she finds a better job somewhere else. I believe she text him just to spite me.

He told me his lead man told the supervisor that he and this woman talk to much at work, I ask him was that true and he said no. But he did say that she talks too much. So I don't believe him. Because he is such a hard worker and wouldnt talk unless he has a crush on her. She tells him everything about her life he said if I knew everything I would really be jealous.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That woman is laid off right now due to lack of work. She continues to text my husband at work. She told him she needs to talk to a therapist and he told her she can talk to him even though she doesn't work there for now. Please pray they don't call her back and she finds a better job somewhere else. I believe she text him just to spite me.

He told me his lead man told the supervisor that he and this woman talk to much at work, I ask him was that true and he said no. But he did say that she talks too much. So I don't believe him. Because he is such a hard worker and wouldnt talk unless he has a crush on her. She tells him everything about her life he said if I knew everything I would really be jealous.

How long are you willing to put up with this type of treatment from your husband? His words towards you are disrespectful. That particular women is not the problem - she will be replaced by someone else if she drops out of the picture. The problem is your husbands emotional infidelity - you know, deep down that this is true.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in divorce and I am praying God will change him. U know he had mental issues but God can heal them.

I don't believe in divorce either, but it believed in me.

A limited time of separation is not divorce.