I’m in a strange place: very conservative, but not Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know if you knew but the synagogue mass shooter Robert Bower from 2018, had the verse John 8:44 (where Jesus refers to Jews as the children of the devil) on his social media profile. Now Jesus was also a Jew and it’s mentioned in John that salvation is from the Jews. There are just so many questionable things from the Bible, even contradictions..that for one to say there aren’t any, must really have to try to make it all work out. Same with the Qur’an.
If we did not have the Torah how would we know God?
God chose himself a people to bear witness of himself. They were to be the "light of the world" which brought the knowledge of God to all around the world. (Kind of like christians SUPPOSED to be doing today)
But they weren't perfect, far from it. Every turn they took they went after idolatry. They absorbed paganism from the nations around them.
They lived for the world and not for God.
Not all Jews followed that same path. One bad apple can spoil a whole bunch, but not necessarilly the apple orchard.

It's difficult to see the lessons in the bible if your standing to close to the subject.
Israel was God's vessel made for destruction. Not by man's hand, but by their own.

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Israel was given to the world as an example, the same as Jesus was sent to lead us by example.
Israel went off the path many times. Jesus stayed the course.

People like Robert Bower use scripture for their own deviated purpose and excuses.
They use "religion" to cause division to fit their agenda.
No one should be judged by anything other than their character. Not race, gender, religion, social class, nothing.
These are used against people in propaganda campaigns, usually politically motivated to deceive people into believing one set of people care more about their "plight" than another. When in fact the ones who are faking concern are the very same setting them up to come under fire.

Man is evil.
Hugs

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I honestly don’t see any compatibility with Christianity and conservatism. Christianity revolves around diminishing your individuality and being saved by someone else. Conservatism values the individual, and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps. I don’t need any government or god to save me. Christianity is the immaterial form of being saved as opposed to an actual government. One of the biggest issues I see with Christianity involves the LGBT community. They’ve adopted this mentality of ‘don’t hate the sinner, hate the sin’ which in my opinion is a more subtle version of outright hating LGBT. And by that same token, I am against the whole classroom grooming thing because I don’t think children need to be learning about genders.

There’s a conservative transwoman named Blaire White who recognizes that there are differences between biological women and transwomen, and is against transwomen participating in women’s sports. One would think that being part of the LGBT community would make them a liberal by default.

One thing I do like about Christian liberals is that many of them don’t recognize Christianity as the only pathway to God, they have the epistemology of seeing the value of all other religions without succumbing to outgroup bias. They’re less dogmatic religiously speaking. I know the fundamentalists love quoting the verse where Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth” as a means of justification for Christianity being the one and only correct religion, but Jesus also spoke in parables…so how would we know if what he said wasn’t also a parable? We can’t be sure, it’s up to subjective interpretation.
ohh it's a mess; pitting one against the other for the most paltry of reasons. Justifying distancing only leaves everyone lonely/isolated even while blowing one horn.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we did not have the Torah how would we know God?
God chose himself a people to bear witness of himself. They were to be the "light of the world" which brought the knowledge of God to all around the world. (Kind of like christians SUPPOSED to be doing today)
But they weren't perfect, far from it. Every turn they took they went after idolatry. They absorbed paganism from the nations around them.
They lived for the world and not for God.
Not all Jews followed that same path. One bad apple can spoil a whole bunch, but not necessarilly the apple orchard.

It's difficult to see the lessons in the bible if your standing to close to the subject.
Israel was God's vessel made for destruction. Not by man's hand, but by their own.

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Israel was given to the world as an example, the same as Jesus was sent to lead us by example.
Israel went off the path many times. Jesus stayed the course.

People like Robert Bower use scripture for their own deviated purpose and excuses.
They use "religion" to cause division to fit their agenda.
No one should be judged by anything other than their character. Not race, gender, religion, social class, nothing.
These are used against people in propaganda campaigns, usually politically motivated to deceive people into believing one set of people care more about their "plight" than another. When in fact the ones who are faking concern are the very same setting them up to come under fire.

Man is evil.
Hugs
If only we were aware of what we are doing and saying it would give our many words pause and give us space to reflect on Jesus words, 'Father forgive them, they know not what they are doing'.

If only our self importance took a back seat, if we took the cotton wool out of our ears and put it firmly in our mouths, the foolishness with with we sprout forth might not hinder our growth in understanding.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ohh it's a mess; pitting one against the other for the most paltry of reasons. Justifying distancing only leaves everyone lonely/isolated even while blowing one horn.
If being lonely and isolated means I won't get monkeypox..
Then I'm all for it.

If only our self importance took a back seat, if we took the cotton wool out of our ears and put it firmly in our mouths, the foolishness with with we sprout forth might not hinder our growth in understanding.
What a wonderful world it would be.
:D

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If being lonely and isolated means I won't get monkeypox..
Then I'm all for it.

What a wonderful world it would be.
:D

Well regarding monkeypox…literally every media outlet is saying monkeypox is most prevalent among gay men to the point that the WHO recommended they limit the sexual partners. Many straight people exploit the back door as well but I guess they don’t go through as many partners.

Reactions: Ziggy

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What contradictions?

Numbers 23:19 God doesn’t regret
Genesis 6:6 God regrets creating man

“I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” Genesis 32:30
“No man hath seen God at any time.” John 1:18

In this survey that was conducted to see who knows more about religion, atheists/agnostics scored the highest with Mormons in second. The worst were the Catholics. It’s in the second graphic briefly scrolling down. It doesn’t surprise me since many atheists and agnostics come from a religious background such as myself. I have put in the conscious effort to also educate myself on other religions as a result. It makes sense because one who is religious would be less likely or interested to research about some other religion due to perhaps some sort of fear that they may be abandoning theirs.
Who Knows What About Religion

Reactions: Wrangler

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well regarding monkeypox…literally every media outlet is saying monkeypox is most prevalent among gay men to the point that the WHO recommended they limit the sexual partners. Many straight people exploit the back door as well but I guess they don’t go through as many partners.
5 days ago WHO declared monkeypox a public health emergency.
They need more FUNDING!!!!!!

No I said a few months ago this was coming. I wasn't sure what form though.
NIH is running out of people who have HIV and haven't been compromised with medications.
They are trying to find a vaccine for Aids.
So they added some sort of molecule like binder to the covid vax's that were HIV and injested millions of people around the world.
They need fresh guinea pigs.
Apparently the vax is having an odd effect of gay men and LGBTQ people. People got green puss and sores all over their private parts.
But hey, the party goes on.
They accused the health organization it was their fault because they didn't have enough tests ready.
I'm sorry, if you don't know better than be doing things with dirty d1cks, I can't help you.

I hope you understand my sarcasm in the previous post, as I am a straight single old lady with no prospects of ever catching anything close to monkeypox, or any other std for that matter.

We tried to warn ya, but you just kept calling us conspiracy theorists.
ALL HAIL FAUCI, King of SOYANCE!

these people are evil.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus touched the lepers; are you chicken? :) x
I love learning something new everyday:
Genetic analysis
DNA analysis has been applied to the origins and history of leprosy. Geneticists in 2005 used comparative genomics to study these aspects, including the paths of how the disease was spread throughout the world. The researchers determined that leprosy originated in East Africa or the Near East and traveled with humans along their migration routes, including those of trade in goods and slaves. The four strains of M. leprae are based in specific geographic regions where each predominantly occurs:[1]

Strain 1 – East Africa, Asia, and the Pacific region
Strain 2 – Ethiopia, Malawi, Nepal/North India, and New Caledonia
Strain 3 – Europe, North Africa, and the Americas; and
Strain 4 – West Africa and the Caribbean.
The researchers created a map showing the dissemination of leprosy by these strains. The disease clearly accompanied humans along their migration, colonisation, and slave trade routes taken since ancient times. Some peoples traveled from East Africa to India, millions were taken in the slave trade from West Africa to the New World, and others traveled from Africa into Europe and vice versa.[1]

In 2009 skeletal remains from the second millennium BCE were discovered at Balathal, in Rajasthan, northwest India. Study and analysis of these remains were documented as the oldest skeletal evidence for leprosy. The scholars who studied these remains suggest that, if the disease did migrate from Africa to India during the third millennium BCE, "at a time when there was substantial interaction among the Indus Civilization, Mesopotamia, and Egypt, there needs to be additional skeletal and molecular evidence of leprosy in India and Africa so as to confirm the African origin of the disease."[22] Evidence for the disease was later confirmed in the human skeletal remains from the archaeological site of Harappa, in Pakistan.[23] The disease was thus present in the urban centers of the Indus civilization before 2000 BCE, further supporting the hypothesis it migrated here as part of the "third millennium BCE interaction sphere" – an exchange network that spanned the Arabian Sea.
History of leprosy - Wikipedia

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love learning something new everyday:
Genetic analysis
DNA analysis has been applied to the origins and history of leprosy. Geneticists in 2005 used comparative genomics to study these aspects, including the paths of how the disease was spread throughout the world. The researchers determined that leprosy originated in East Africa or the Near East and traveled with humans along their migration routes, including those of trade in goods and slaves. The four strains of M. leprae are based in specific geographic regions where each predominantly occurs:[1]

Strain 1 – East Africa, Asia, and the Pacific region
Strain 2 – Ethiopia, Malawi, Nepal/North India, and New Caledonia
Strain 3 – Europe, North Africa, and the Americas; and
Strain 4 – West Africa and the Caribbean.
The researchers created a map showing the dissemination of leprosy by these strains. The disease clearly accompanied humans along their migration, colonisation, and slave trade routes taken since ancient times. Some peoples traveled from East Africa to India, millions were taken in the slave trade from West Africa to the New World, and others traveled from Africa into Europe and vice versa.[1]

In 2009 skeletal remains from the second millennium BCE were discovered at Balathal, in Rajasthan, northwest India. Study and analysis of these remains were documented as the oldest skeletal evidence for leprosy. The scholars who studied these remains suggest that, if the disease did migrate from Africa to India during the third millennium BCE, "at a time when there was substantial interaction among the Indus Civilization, Mesopotamia, and Egypt, there needs to be additional skeletal and molecular evidence of leprosy in India and Africa so as to confirm the African origin of the disease."[22] Evidence for the disease was later confirmed in the human skeletal remains from the archaeological site of Harappa, in Pakistan.[23] The disease was thus present in the urban centers of the Indus civilization before 2000 BCE, further supporting the hypothesis it migrated here as part of the "third millennium BCE interaction sphere" – an exchange network that spanned the Arabian Sea.
History of leprosy - Wikipedia
Faith, my dear, enables us to go into the very gates of the enemy and confront those demons.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never been tested or vaxxed or boosted or conned into a cheeseburger or a million dollar lotery.
I looked the deceiver in the eye and laughed.
My faith is stronger than the world's fear.
hugs

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never been tested or vaxxed or boosted or conned into a cheeseburger or a million dollar lotery.
I looked the deceiver in the eye and laughed.
My faith is stronger than the world's fear.
hugs
lets go and confront that monkeypox then!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets go and confront that monkeypox then!
I'm doing what I can brother. Knowledge is power.
hugs

They’ve got to be monkeying around.

An eerily accurate simulation exercise at the Munich Security Conference in March 2021 centered on a monkeypox outbreak – and had the rare and potentially deadly “hypothetical” disease starting exactly when the real one did.

The Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI), a non-profit founded by US media mogul Ted Turner and former Democratic Sen. Sam Nunn, gathered a panel of 19 experts — including government officials from the US and China, representatives from the World Health Organization and the UN, and researchers from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and major pharma companies — to game out responses to a “12 Monkeys”-like bioterror attack.

The fictional scenario, sponsored by Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz and his Open Philanthropies non-profit, hinged on the secret release of a lab-enhanced monkeypox virus that eventually killed 271 million people in a worldwide 19-month pandemic.

The simulation’s imaginary launch date was May 15, 2022 — the same week that marked the real-world start of the first international outbreak of the viral disease, more than a year after the globalist group met.

The NTI copped to the “strange coincidence” on Tuesday.

“Some social media activity has included disinformation about our exercise,” the group complained on its website, after posts about the weirdly prescient planning session trended on the Chinese chat site Weibo.

“The key takeaway from our exercise is not the specific pathogen in our fictional scenario; it’s the fact that the world is woefully unprepared to guard against future pandemics,” the statement added.

But critics of the government response to the COVID-19 pandemic expressed doubt — and mockery.

“There’s never been a global monkeypox outbreak outside of Africa until now — in the exact week of the exact month predicted by the biosecurity folks in their pandemic simulation,” wrote attorney Michael Senger of the anti-lockdown Brownstone Institute. “Take these guys to Vegas!”

In 2019, a similarly coincidental tabletop exercise hosted by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, along with the World Economic Forum and the Gates Foundation, conjured up a devastating coronavirus pandemic — just months before the real one began.
Monkeypox: Simulation in 2021 'predicted' current outbreak

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this just happens to pop on the scene the same time the left are losing their minds over the Supreme Court's decision to return Roe v Wade to the States. Making the claim that "next, radical right wing republicans will be coming for contraceptives, the gay and LGBTQ community, denying same sex marriage... yadda yadda yadda..

So here comes monkeypox. Most prevalent in gay couples. And they gay community is afraid to come forward for testing because they feel they will be stigmatized.

Do you see how this works?
First they plant the fear, then they stoke it, until the entire LGBTQ communities around the world are put on defense.
Another manufactured plandemic.
But you know, the NIH and WHO and the Pharmaceuticals are all crying they need more MONEY!!!
When truly, the best thing to do if you are gay is to have a monogomous relationship with one person, instead of going to gay pride events where people are passed around to each other like a buffet menu.

I'm a christian. I'm not gay or lesbian or some wierd gender fluid unicorn. I'm an adult female human aka: woman.
As adults, frankly I don't care what you do with your bodies, but leave the kids alone.
If this is the price your going to have to pay for being a sex toy in society, then so be it.

But the thing most people don't really understand is the governmental manipulation the so-callled scientists and politicians use against their own people.
I'll stand up against any entity that uses people for their own political/financial gain at the expense of others.
Even if I don't agree or participate in that same kind of lifestyle.

They did it to us all with covid. Let's stop letting them get away with literal murder.
You know China is a big advocate for this monkeypox push. Gay people aren't allowed to exist in China. Just sayin.

I talk about standing up and putting on the armour of God. Using our words and our faith to push back on injustice in the world.
We live in it, even though we are not a part of it.
But that isn't going to stop them from coming for your children.
Some say, the world isn't worth saving. What about your children and your grandchildren and the generations yet to come.
You just going to turn your back on them, close your eyes, make believe there is nothing you can do to change the outcome?

Damn, the Lord sure has a piss poor army if you ask me.

1Co 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
1Co 16:14 Let all your things be done with charity.

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.

You deserve what you get.
Hugs

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers 23:19 God doesn’t regret
Genesis 6:6 God regrets creating man

“I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” Genesis 32:30
“No man hath seen God at any time.” John 1:18

In this survey that was conducted to see who knows more about religion, atheists/agnostics scored the highest with Mormons in second. The worst were the Catholics. It’s in the second graphic briefly scrolling down. It doesn’t surprise me since many atheists and agnostics come from a religious background such as myself. I have put in the conscious effort to also educate myself on other religions as a result. It makes sense because one who is religious would be less likely or interested to research about some other religion due to perhaps some sort of fear that they may be abandoning theirs.
Who Knows What About Religion
Those can easily be explained…