I am excited....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONE MORE TIME . . .

It was an ABUSE. This means that there were people within the Church who were involved. Was EVERY person involved a parish priest?? Probably NOT.

Could this information have been kept from the hierarchy? Absolutely.

This was the 16th century. There were no phones, no fax, no internet, no email, no radio, no television, noTMZ, no press, no bank statementsNOTHING.
I thought the Pope had some kind of special direct connection with Jesus. You mean it was kept secret from HIM? The Pope is fallible?

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie ~ How could you make a thread about Protestants.....and not even mention Catholics? LOL.

Despite the OP,
Didn't take long for a Catholic to join in with accusations and name calling.

God Bless,
Taken
And, as usual - you drop by with your LIES.

Tell me where did I engage in "name-callimg" on this thread??

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Church leaders never heard a word about it? Where did they think all that money was coming from?

Churches routinely collect FEES for use of their Facilities...for lighting, heating, housekeeping, paperwork, etc. It could be the facility is requested for a wedding, a funeral, whatever purposes the facility allows.

There is no Inclusion of a FEE, for "some" clerics who may be asked to Officiate over a wedding or funeral for example....

Money given to a Cleric, is given as an OFFERING, for his Officiating.
The Offering is not a hard and fast RULE....
It is based on CUSTOMARY Practices and expectation of the amount is customarily based on the financial wealth of the individual making the Offering.

IOW~ not a rule...
But absolutely a Practiced Custom of Expectation.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought the Pope had some kind of special direct connection with Jesus. You mean it was kept secret from HIM? The Pope is fallible?
PERFECT answer, because it typifies the abject ignorance of most anti-Catholics.

Papal infallibility ONLY pertains to matters of official teaching.
Not knowing that he was being duped by his underlings doesn’t apply.

Maybe YOU should do a little homework instead of embarrassing yourself any further . . .

PS - anybody ELSE wanna give this a try before I leave for the weekend??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok now you're being a jerk, and he got you good lol
can't have it both ways i guess
Please show me where he "got me good".
Papal.Infallibility has ZERO to do with clairvoyance . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, as usual - you drop by with your LIES.

Tell me where did I engage in "name-callimg" on this thread??

When do you post on any thread that you don't call people anti-Catholic if they don't agree with you.....?

It is such a common tactic of yours it has become laughable :D

Reactions: LC627 and Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Please show me where he "got me good".
Papal.Infallibility has ZERO to do with clairvoyance . . .
sorry bro but that does not work for CEOs and it def doesn't work for anyone claiming to be God's rep on earth
you are tryna have your cake and eat it too, just like me lol
but tbh i dislike this argument as the RCC has moved on from there, i don't think it describes them now

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i can walk into a house and tell if the animals are being abused, so i doubt the pope is less empathetic than me, even back then. My guess is it even bugged the pope back then, but he had to pick his battles. Or he was in on it and didn't want to see, depending upon when we are talking

All of this vilifying the RCC over such an ancient and deep seated sin is a way to expose those who cannot forgive imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I DO recall being called "ignorant."

Well, any who who....putting aside the deflection...and back to a group forming, identified as Protestants....

To me, appears to be initiating a focus more on Gods Word and less on Customs.

God Bless,
Taken

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, any who who....putting aside the deflection...and back to a group forming, identified as Protestants....

To me, appears to be initiating a focus more on Gods Word and less on Customs.

God Bless,
Taken
Yeah, there were hundreds of people moving toward Protesting, and most — especially Luther — seemed intent on getting back to the original Bible words..... in the vernacular of the common man.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Or even Jesus! He certainly protested against the system established supposedly in accord with the laws God gave to Moses.
and that was after John Baptist came, baptising people in the Jordan! Tantamount to converting ppl to Islam in the Deep South, basically; right in front of the courthouse

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Am I thinking of a different book? Didn't Ellen White write it?

I do, however admit that I liked this particular line of that book she wrote:
"All the predictions given by Christ concerning the destruction of Jerusalem were fulfilled to the letter. The Jews experienced the truth of His words of warning: "With what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matthew 7:2. "
Yes, Ellen White wrote it but don't let that be a factor not to read it. You'll be in a better position to weigh the factors when all the nay sayers who have never read the book but confidently rely on what others assert about it are set aside.
As in any reading, ask for God's directing and he will give it, that's a given.